By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name a "hardcore/mature" game that doesn't indulge adolescent male fantasies?

Jay520 said:

Yeah, but females are fans of very few game elements at all though.

On topic: Street Fighter IV

Except the female characters in that game, along with some other games people mentioned, are still very sexualized.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

Uncharted? Heavy Rain? Assassin's Creed? Dunno, I can think of a lot just in my game collection so I don't think it's really true.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Is this a thread to show that "mature" games on PS360 are stupid and childish?

Total war series

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

world of goo, cooking mama, Puzzle games in general. Sports games fit your description, but they definetly indulge adolescent male fantasy's

A bunch of JRPG's FF4,5,9,10,11,12,13-2, xenogears, vagrant story, tactics ogre, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. 
The Longest Journey, female protagonist, parasite eve.

A puzzle or sports game isn't really mature, it's not immature either though. 

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

What else this could be?

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Mummelmann said:

Maybe a thread to show that "mature" games have very little likelihood of ever attracting a female audience. Note the focus on adolescent male fantasies.

I'd much rather prefer games that indulge adolescent male fantasies than adolescent female fantasies. I... I don't even know what those games would look like.

I could argue that Miyamoto's entire career was based on indulging his "adolescent" male fantasies, since all of his games are products of his childhood. 

Anno and most strategy games

The Legend of Zelda.

Motherfuckers.