By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name a "hardcore/mature" game that doesn't indulge adolescent male fantasies?

BenVTrigger said:
Rath said:
BenVTrigger said:
Assassins Creed doesnt have one thing you mentioned. Neither does Halo. Or tons of other M rated ganes for that matter......

How is Master Chief not a super-soldier?

wasnt in the original OP he added it im fairly sure.

and even if it was Halo is not am adolescebt male fantasy.  In fact im tempted to say this is one of the more pointless threads Ive seen on this site

No, it was there. Super-soldiery defines "hardcore/mature" gamers this gen.

Edit: If you don't know your KD ratio in COD 9 and cant's ADS then you're no "hardcore" gamer.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
badgenome said:
Flower.

I agree with this.

I knew you'd come around eventually.

Skyrim, Hitman, Civilization, and Fable, those are the only ones I can name right now might add in some more later.

"Fast cars, sex scenes, unnecessary/unrealistic profanity, super soldiers, lone survivor of the zombie apocalypse."

so its unusual for adults to desire fast cars and sex? edit : i know i sure as hell do and i'm thinking that won't change for many many years to come

in terms of profanity i definitely do curse occasionally and i can't think of many people i know who don't

as for the last 2 "super soldiers, lone survivor of the zombie apocalypse"

those themes can also be applied to games like metroid

o_O.Q said:
"Fast cars, sex scenes, unnecessary/unrealistic profanity, super soldiers, lone survivor of the zombie apocalypse."

so its unusual for adults to desire fast cars and sex?

in terms of profanity i definitely do curse occasionally and i can't think of many people i know who don't

Grownups don't want sex scenes in their GAMES.

I'm not anti-cursing however once upon a time movies and games would dub or delete lines and scenes to make them playable/watchable by a larger audience. Australia and Germany still force VG devs to do it. Seems like a nobrainer to me and I wonder if some games indulge in it just to satisfy the "mature" gamer who wants to live out teenage fantasies.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:

so its unusual for adults to desire fast cars and sex? edit : i know i sure as hell do and i'm thinking that won't change for many many years to come

No male adolescet gamer want to play as a female unless he gets to sexually assault her at some point.

Metroid, and for the same reason Street Fighter (Chun Li) don't count.

Pyro as Bill said:
o_O.Q said:

so its unusual for adults to desire fast cars and sex?

Grownups don't want sex scenes in their GAMES.

I'm not anti-cursing however once upon a time movies and games would dub or delete lines and scenes to make them playable/watchable by a larger audience. Australia and Germany still force VG devs to do it. Seems like a nobrainer to me and I wonder if some games indulge in it just to satisfy the "mature" gamer who wants to live out teenage fantasies.

"Grownups don't want sex scenes in their GAMES."

in general sex scenes in games are few and far between but regardless that isn't the point 

in the thread title you reffer to adolescent fantasies, then list sex, fast cars etc 

the point you're making now is a seperate point altogether from the one in the op

as for cursing all other forms of media have it, why not video games?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Fast cars, super soldiers, and zombie apocalypse survivors are appealing to people of all ages from children to adults.

The only things that you could potentially label as strictly teenage fantasies are unnecessary profanity and maybe sex scenes.

This is silly. I don't even understand the point. Videogames, for the most part, are all about fantasies. Saving the princess, being the hero, being a badass. Doing something incredibly dangerous without the actual risk of dying. Being an adult doesn't mean you suddenly stop having an imagination. There are plenty of games that can appeal to all kinds of gamers, including adolescent males. Nothing wrong with that in the slightest.

Games like Valkyria Chronicles, or Left4Dead, or Persona, they might have a lot of those things you listed but they also have fans from almost all demographics.

Oh, yeah, and Portal 2.