By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have a VIta? If not, why? I want as many responses as I can get!!!!

Do you have a have a Vita? If not why?

Yes, I have one and I'm enjoying it 113 25.92%

Yes, but I'm still waiti... 33 7.57%

No, but I'm buying one this fall 19 4.36%

No, I'm already got a 3D... 59 13.53%

No, waiting for more qual... 40 9.17%

No, the price is too high... 80 18.35%

No, I'm not interested in Handheld gaming 31 7.11%

No, its going to be disco... 59 13.53%

Total:434

I really want one because my nerdy self is telling me to get one. But there are a few things stopping me. There are not too many games that interest me, I'm looking for Gran Turismo, Infamous, and Killzone. Also the price with the inevitable purchase of a memory card is a little steep for me. Those are the two main reasons for me waiting to get one. Also, I have a 3ds and I don't play it too much. Now that I am older and I am not stuck in a car with my family a lot, I do not play as many handheld games. I use my consoles a lot more. And the Vita isn't exactly pocket sized. I'm sure if I ask for one for Christmas I would get one, but I don't think I would get use out of it.

Around the Network

where is the option, I have a smart phone so don't need a VITA?

RolStoppable said:

Sony is advertising the Vita right now with the slogan "console gaming on the go" and whenever Jack Tretton appeared on mainstream TV shows, he made it a point to say that the Vita is "the console experience in the palms of your hands". Blame Sony's marketing department for the expectations the average consumer has, because the message that Sony conveys with their commercials is that people should compare the Vita to the PS3.

LOL even the PS VITA ADD set as this background for ASSASSINS CREED says "console-quality assassins creed now in your hands"

JazzB1987 said:
michael_stutzer said:
JazzB1987 said:

I dont see the need for this console I have a 3ds as my portable device and also have a DS and bought a PSP last year. The Vita is a PS3 with shitty battery life it does not have alot of good exclusives (Gravity Rush is the only game that makes me want the thing at least to some extend) and the games that are made for consoles like portable black ops/ resistance are shit on the Vita.

It fails at being a portable system and it fails at  bringing the "stationary console" feeling to the portable world.

I dont get why this device exists.

How exactly do you rate 3DS battery life then? Non-existant? It is quite a bit better battery-wise.

If you play games that are equivalent of 3DS games (graphically) it lasts much more.

How exactly do you rate the 15h DS battery life then?  (has as much to do with the Vita as your comment)

Good that you go and defend the Vita so blindly.    The Vita somewhat tries to be a PS3  and therefore it is a PS3 with shitty battery life.   The 3ds doesnt try to be something else like the Vita does. So saying the 3DS is a Wii or whatever with shitty battery life makes no sense here right? Especially when the threads topic is the vita.
Thanks.

There were tests done upon the system's release that proved Vita's battery life was actually better than 3DS's, even with it's higher screen output and in general more raw power. In order to get the Vita to even be comparable you have to cut off the 3D....which is the main gimmick of the entire system. My Vita can last me days depending on what I am playing.

The Vita tries to be Versatile, not a PS3. It was built to be this perfect bridge between handheld gaming standards and home console functionality.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

RolStoppable said:
Runa216 said:
Why are people so hung up about the "it's a PS3 in your hands" statements? Everyone I know keeps going on about how it is inferior to console gaming, about how they don't want to play shitty ports of console games, or how it's inferior. Has anyone actually had the time to PLAY the games on the Vita's library? I have, and you know what? you're all being rather dense.

Pretty much every game on the Vita has been specifically tailored to portable play. as I go through my current list of games, almost all of them are perfect for bite sized gaming. Racers and fighters have been ported to the system, and they are practically ideal since fights last less than a minute and races last less than 5. Assassin's Creed Liberation has shorter missions with a smaller world for ease of travel and succinctness of missions. Gravity Rush has a smallish world, LittlebigPlanet and Rayman are platformers where each level takes only a couple minutes, etc. Even Ragnarok Odyssey, a lengthy boss fighting, hunting style RPG has hundreds of SHORT missions that can be enjoyed in 5 minutes or so.

This strict adherence to "I don't want to play inferior versions of console games" is flat out ignorant and not very well thought out.

Yes, the system CAN do console games, it CAN do online, it CAN do pretty much everything the PS3 can do, but that doesn't mean everyone has to judge it as an equal, due to the fact that it's still a handheld and devs have been treating it as such; too bad the public at large seems too dense to realize this subtle difference.

The Vita may be awesome, but it's still a portable system with portable limitations. The only system people should be comparing it to right now is the 3DS, and yet it's getting treated like a shitty, downgraded PS3. That's just plain not fair. that's like going on a vacation to Florida and complaining that there are no Lions roaming wild. Stop putting unfair expectations on a system just so you get some weird pleasure out of acting like it's inferior.

This is why I prefer not to leave the Vita thread, people everywhere else are overly critical, negative, and in many cases flat out ignorant. (and look up the meaning of Ignorant, it's not flaming, it's a statement about how little people seem to know. Lacking knowledge is not an insult, it's just the way it is, like that guy who incorrectly stated that Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty were ports.) You're allowed to not know things, but don't go flapping your gums about how terrible a system is without spending time with it ot learning for yourself.

IT's feeling like the xbot Brigade from the early PS3 years, throwing out false stats and facts about the PS3 for years before finally being pounded into the ground. they said the PS3 had no games either, and look where that ended up.

grah! Ignorance is so infuriating!

Sony is advertising the Vita right now with the slogan "console gaming on the go" and whenever Jack Tretton appeared on mainstream TV shows, he made it a point to say that the Vita is "the console experience in the palms of your hands". Blame Sony's marketing department for the expectations the average consumer has, because the message that Sony conveys with their commercials is that people should compare the Vita to the PS3.

McDonalds is also advertised as a restaurant, but people know better than to assume it's fine dining.  PEople have GOT to learn to stop letting advertising get in the way of common sense. 

and the Vita is CAPABLE of console quality, but so was the PSP, and so was the 3DS, and so was the DS and the GBA and the....you get the point.  it's certainly dumb of sony to advertise it like that if people aren't making games that are as expansive and grand as the console counterparts, but the console is certainly capable.  that said, most consumers are ill advised.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Runa216 said:
Why are people so hung up about the "it's a PS3 in your hands" statements? Everyone I know keeps going on about how it is inferior to console gaming, about how they don't want to play shitty ports of console games, or how it's inferior. Has anyone actually had the time to PLAY the games on the Vita's library? I have, and you know what? you're all being rather dense.

Pretty much every game on the Vita has been specifically tailored to portable play. as I go through my current list of games, almost all of them are perfect for bite sized gaming. Racers and fighters have been ported to the system, and they are practically ideal since fights last less than a minute and races last less than 5. Assassin's Creed Liberation has shorter missions with a smaller world for ease of travel and succinctness of missions. Gravity Rush has a smallish world, LittlebigPlanet and Rayman are platformers where each level takes only a couple minutes, etc. Even Ragnarok Odyssey, a lengthy boss fighting, hunting style RPG has hundreds of SHORT missions that can be enjoyed in 5 minutes or so.

This strict adherence to "I don't want to play inferior versions of console games" is flat out ignorant and not very well thought out.

Yes, the system CAN do console games, it CAN do online, it CAN do pretty much everything the PS3 can do, but that doesn't mean everyone has to judge it as an equal, due to the fact that it's still a handheld and devs have been treating it as such; too bad the public at large seems too dense to realize this subtle difference.

The Vita may be awesome, but it's still a portable system with portable limitations. The only system people should be comparing it to right now is the 3DS, and yet it's getting treated like a shitty, downgraded PS3. That's just plain not fair. that's like going on a vacation to Florida and complaining that there are no Lions roaming wild. Stop putting unfair expectations on a system just so you get some weird pleasure out of acting like it's inferior.

This is why I prefer not to leave the Vita thread, people everywhere else are overly critical, negative, and in many cases flat out ignorant. (and look up the meaning of Ignorant, it's not flaming, it's a statement about how little people seem to know. Lacking knowledge is not an insult, it's just the way it is, like that guy who incorrectly stated that Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty were ports.) You're allowed to not know things, but don't go flapping your gums about how terrible a system is without spending time with it ot learning for yourself.

IT's feeling like the xbot Brigade from the early PS3 years, throwing out false stats and facts about the PS3 for years before finally being pounded into the ground. they said the PS3 had no games either, and look where that ended up.

grah! Ignorance is so infuriating!

Well considering the 1:1 experiences cross buy games offer that's understandable.

The price is to high for me. I'm very interested in Gravity Rush, but buying the PSP just last year, at a super low price and a 3000 model, has shown me that the best idea is just wait for a price drop.

I have one :)

No, Because I hate Sony in every way shape and form and I would never support them in any way.

Just kidding! I just could care less about owning one.

I managed to snag a Vita for 120 shortly before E3. After owning it for 2 months or so I sold it for 150 with Gravity Rush. Just about broke even.

Basically, their just aren't a whole lot of games I'm interested out or announced for the near future. It's pretty simple.