By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have a VIta? If not, why? I want as many responses as I can get!!!!

Do you have a have a Vita? If not why?

Yes, I have one and I'm enjoying it 113 25.92%

Yes, but I'm still waiti... 33 7.57%

No, but I'm buying one this fall 19 4.36%

No, I'm already got a 3D... 59 13.53%

No, waiting for more qual... 40 9.17%

No, the price is too high... 80 18.35%

No, I'm not interested in Handheld gaming 31 7.11%

No, its going to be disco... 59 13.53%

Total:434
Majora said:
I've played my friends PS Vita and first thing I have to say is that the graphics blew me away. I genuinely think they are incredible for a handheld. But why won't I buy one??

It just wasn't that fun for me. 3DS is just such blissful fun from the moment I pick up to the moment I put it down and if I've had enough I don't have to worry about pausing or saving I can literally close the machine and pick it up precisely where I left off and get back into it.

I adore my PS3, but I don't want that experience replicated in a handheld. I just personally feel no need for that.

To put the Vita in sleep mode you only need to tap the on button at the top. It will literally last days while sleeping.

Your feelings towards the games I can do nothing about, it just appears that while Sony touches on all the same genres as NINTENDO does for handheld, Sony's games are typecasted as "For consoles only" while same is not said for NIN games.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
MRKs said:
I want a Vita, I really do. The problem is it's too expensive, maybe I could pick one if it's cheap in Black Firday.

Nevertheless, there are a couple of games I want to play and of course I'm so hyped for God Eater 2 (I absolutely love god eater burst) the moment that game releases in English, the Vita will be mine, I am sure of that.

$199 gets you a Wifi Vita Assassin's Creed:Liberations Bundle, comes with Game+Wifi Vita+ 4gb Card

$50 will also net you PS+ subscription which starting today gets you Gravity Rush, Uncharted:GA,Wipeout 2048(?), Mutant Blob, and FFT:WotL(PSP) all for free as long as you stay subscribed.

A firmware updated that debuted early this morning made the browser run like a dream in full HD, email app, and a few other performance tweaks that make all the difference once you get your hands on it.

EDIT: Forgot to add they added ability to surf browser while still playing games. Looking up Game Guides while still playing it FTMFW!!!!!

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

zero129 said:
The mean reason i dont own a PSVita atm is cos i already own a 3DS and an iphone 4.
So for me i just couldnt justify paying what the PSV costs when the is nothing on it that i want atm.
That will change if they launch Final Fantasy TypeO on it and some more quality JRPG's .
But as long as they keep up with their Bad console ports from 3rd party devs (CoD, AC etc) and console like games i wont be buying one anytime soon

awww, it's cute how you don't know what you're talking about.  

The console ports it DOES have are fantastic (Playstation All Stars, Rayman, Mortal Kombat, Disgaea, Need for Speed, PErsona, etc), but those games you listed are not console ports, they're completely original games.  sure, Call of Dooty is shit, but Assassin's creed was really aweosme. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

zero129 said:
Runa216 said:
zero129 said:
The mean reason i dont own a PSVita atm is cos i already own a 3DS and an iphone 4.
So for me i just couldnt justify paying what the PSV costs when the is nothing on it that i want atm.
That will change if they launch Final Fantasy TypeO on it and some more quality JRPG's .
But as long as they keep up with their Bad console ports from 3rd party devs (CoD, AC etc) and console like games i wont be buying one anytime soon

The console ports it DOES have are fantastic (Playstation All Stars, Rayman, Mortal Kombat, Disgaea, Need for Speed, PErsona, etc), but those games you listed are not console ports, they're completely original games.  sure, Call of Dooty is shit, but Assassin's creed was really aweosme. 

awww, it's cute how you say i don't know what im talking about. What did my opinion on the matter hurt your feelings enough for you to tell me i dont know what im talking about when i stated my opinion??.

The bolded games might be good games but all them games i have already played or can get on console and not something i would need to buy a handheld for.

And also CoD and Assassins Creed are shit from what i played (Imo!) so they are also not games i would buy the vita for.

So pretty much "For Me" the is no reason to pay €250+ to own a handheld i will pretty much never use till something comes that i want to own on it such as Final Fantasy Type-O and some more quality JRPG's.

But yes enjoy saying i dont know what im talking about and then trying to correct me on my opinions!, its only an opinion dude get over it..

No dude. You are wrong and he is right. These games are not ports, these are original games. Not new franchises, but you won't get these games anywhere else. So yeah, you haven't got a clue about what you're saying. This is not an opinion that somebody may have, it's just pure facts and you got it wrong.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

i'm waiting for a price drop on everything. i've been a supporter since M.U.G.E.N. launched the official Vita thread, (although i haven't done much in the thread over the past 6-9 months) and its initial announcement.

i'm not sure wht Sony can or will do for a redesign, but do to my big hands, i'd love to see something that has more space.

Around the Network

I think the Vita is fantastic in theory. But in execution, it fails hard. I look at the list of games available and the only ones I have any interest in are ports. I don't buy systems for ports. That's just silly. The rest are a bland mix of sub-par titles or genres that I have zero interest in.

In my view 3DS offers real gaming experiences, while Vita offers ports or watered-down versions of franchise games. Nobody is putting any real effort into developing decent games for Vita(blame Sony for this-it has to start with them), while 3DS has an exciting future ahead of it. So when I went to buy a handheld(after not actually owning one since GBC - though I spent ample time with the others), I got the 3DS.

No I do not have a vita, same reason I do not have a 3DS. I am poor.

Yes I have one and have enjoyed it for the most part when it's in use, which is rarely. I have completed Mortal Kombat which was great, I'm in my second playthrough in Uncharted which I can't bring myself to continue, and I'm halfway through Gravity Rush which fails to draw me in deeply.

So yeah I'm still waiting for it to reach it's potential. I'm getting LittleBigPlanet this weekend, and possibly All Stars too. Next year, I'm definitely getting Killzone Mercenary, Tear Away, and Soul Sacrifice.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

JazzB1987 said:

I dont see the need for this console I have a 3ds as my portable device and also have a DS and bought a PSP last year. The Vita is a PS3 with shitty battery life it does not have alot of good exclusives (Gravity Rush is the only game that makes me want the thing at least to some extend) and the games that are made for consoles like portable black ops/ resistance are shit on the Vita.

It fails at being a portable system and it fails at  bringing the "stationary console" feeling to the portable world.

I dont get why this device exists.

How exactly do you rate 3DS battery life then? Non-existant? It is quite a bit better battery-wise.

If you play games that are equivalent of 3DS games (graphically) it lasts much more.

zero129 said:
Scisca said:
zero129 said:
Runa216 said:
zero129 said:

awww, it's cute how you say i don't know what im talking about. What did my opinion on the matter hurt your feelings enough for you to tell me i dont know what im talking about when i stated my opinion??.

The bolded games might be good games but all them games i have already played or can get on console and not something i would need to buy a handheld for.

And also CoD and Assassins Creed are shit from what i played (Imo!) so they are also not games i would buy the vita for.

So pretty much "For Me" the is no reason to pay €250+ to own a handheld i will pretty much never use till something comes that i want to own on it such as Final Fantasy Type-O and some more quality JRPG's.

But yes enjoy saying i dont know what im talking about and then trying to correct me on my opinions!, its only an opinion dude get over it..

No dude. You are wrong and he is right. These games are not ports, these are original games. Not new franchises, but you won't get these games anywhere else. So yeah, you haven't got a clue about what you're saying. This is not an opinion that somebody may have, it's just pure facts and you got it wrong.

Did you not see where i said "And console like games" ???.

So please once again tell me how my opinion is wrong? i never said his opinion was wrong and mine was right as its not about that and never was.

I pretty much said IMO! that as long as the Vita keeps up with console ports and console like games its not for me. But once it gets something like Final Fantasy Type-O and some more JRPG's and exclusive games to my taste i would buy one!.

So once again how is my opinion wrong? its "MY" opinion!..

I see WHERE you said it, but I'm not sure if you do. You said: "bad console ports" and in the brackets gave the examples of ACIII:L and COD, after that you said "and console like games". This bracket clearly refers to the first part that's talking about ports (you know, grammar and stuff). Only these games are not ports! And that is your mistake. ACIII:L and COD are original games, you won't play them anywhere else. It's not about your opinion on anything, cause nobody is refering to it, so stop raising that issue here. We're just saying that you have no idea that these are not ports and are dismissing them basing on that. That's not an opinion. It's a fact that you got wrong. There is no "IMO" about a game being a port or not...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.