By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have a VIta? If not, why? I want as many responses as I can get!!!!

Do you have a have a Vita? If not why?

Yes, I have one and I'm enjoying it 113 25.92%

Yes, but I'm still waiti... 33 7.57%

No, but I'm buying one this fall 19 4.36%

No, I'm already got a 3D... 59 13.53%

No, waiting for more qual... 40 9.17%

No, the price is too high... 80 18.35%

No, I'm not interested in Handheld gaming 31 7.11%

No, its going to be disco... 59 13.53%

Total:434

Vita is the best handheld device I ever had, and I have a lot of them!

Around the Network

After my FF anniversary Psp purchase with Crisis Core and having played a few more Jrpg's on the system I decided that handheld gaming is a very lousy placebo for console gaming.

So i'm not interested enough in handheld gaming.

I just dont like handhelds...I had a psp and despite my library of great games like gta,mgs,final fantasy I could never get into playing games on a small screen.

I dont like handhelds!!! And the price its too high!!!

Here in Portugal Vita - 200 euros...

PS3 12 gb - 235 euros....

michael_stutzer said:
JazzB1987 said:

I dont see the need for this console I have a 3ds as my portable device and also have a DS and bought a PSP last year. The Vita is a PS3 with shitty battery life it does not have alot of good exclusives (Gravity Rush is the only game that makes me want the thing at least to some extend) and the games that are made for consoles like portable black ops/ resistance are shit on the Vita.

It fails at being a portable system and it fails at  bringing the "stationary console" feeling to the portable world.

I dont get why this device exists.

How exactly do you rate 3DS battery life then? Non-existant? It is quite a bit better battery-wise.

If you play games that are equivalent of 3DS games (graphically) it lasts much more.

How exactly do you rate the 15h DS battery life then?  (has as much to do with the Vita as your comment)

Good that you go and defend the Vita so blindly.    The Vita somewhat tries to be a PS3  and therefore it is a PS3 with shitty battery life.   The 3ds doesnt try to be something else like the Vita does. So saying the 3DS is a Wii or whatever with shitty battery life makes no sense here right? Especially when the threads topic is the vita.
Thanks.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
michael_stutzer said:

How exactly do you rate 3DS battery life then? Non-existant? It is quite a bit better battery-wise.

If you play games that are equivalent of 3DS games (graphically) it lasts much more.

How exactly do you rate the 15h DS battery life then?  (has as much to do with the Vita as your comment)

Good that you go and defend the Vita so blindly.    The Vita somewhat tries to be a PS3  and therefore it is a PS3 with shitty battery life.   The 3ds doesnt try to be something else like the Vita does. So saying the 3DS is a Wii or whatever with shitty battery life makes no sense here right? Especially when the threads topic is the vita.
Thanks.

Call the Vita whatever the hell you want, it's still a handheld like the 3DS, and it's battery life is roughly the same. It's a valid comparison and he had every right to bring it up.

forevercloud3000 said:
Majora said:
I've played my friends PS Vita and first thing I have to say is that the graphics blew me away. I genuinely think they are incredible for a handheld. But why won't I buy one??

It just wasn't that fun for me. 3DS is just such blissful fun from the moment I pick up to the moment I put it down and if I've had enough I don't have to worry about pausing or saving I can literally close the machine and pick it up precisely where I left off and get back into it.

I adore my PS3, but I don't want that experience replicated in a handheld. I just personally feel no need for that.

To put the Vita in sleep mode you only need to tap the on button at the top. It will literally last days while sleeping.

Your feelings towards the games I can do nothing about, it just appears that while Sony touches on all the same genres as NINTENDO does for handheld, Sony's games are typecasted as "For consoles only" while same is not said for NIN games.

The games are not the same. Or perhaps they are. But Nintendo handheld experiences for me feel significantly different to their home console experiences to warrant a purchase of the handheld. Nintendo does possess a certain magic that whilst palpable is inexplicable.

brendude13 said:
JazzB1987 said:
michael_stutzer said:

Thanks.

Call the Vita whatever the hell you want, it's still a handheld like the 3DS, and it's battery life is roughly the same. It's a valid comparison and he had every right to bring it up.

Now we are already at people defending other people defending their precious  device ;)  (you clearly are upset since you cursed lol)

I know he had every right to say what he wants since he is a free perosn.   But  what was the point of that?   I mean the thread is about the Vita and opinions   I share my opinion about  not seing alot of portable games  but instead I see console style games like Uncharted.  A game which is a worse game than the PS3 Uncharted's. Then I see black ops and resistance both being shitty games and worse than their console counterparts.  Thats why I see the vita having some kind of identity problem. It is a portable gaming system but it somehow doesnt know it is. (sony even said it wanted the Vita to bring console gaming experiences to handheld systems)

Again what has the 3ds battery life to do with the vita? I mean the Vita battery life is shit  but having a 3ds with shitty battery life doesnt magically make the Vita have unshitty battery life. Why do you even compare the two here? Again what is the point of this other than fighting the 3ds and defending the vita?

I just mentioned the 3ds DS and PSP  so people  see that I play portable gaming devices nothing else. And I mentioned the PS3 since the Vita somewhat tries to be a PS3.

So I stated why I dont have a vita and the only thing I get are off-topic replies.....  that argue my opinion LOL. (wont work)

The way I see it I didnt do anything wrong (other than daring to criticize a holy sony product)  I said why I dont own a Vita (might change in the future) I even praised Gravity Rush as a game that makes me want a Vita. Mentioned why I dont have one yet (it has a personality disorder ^^)

P.S I could also have said the Vita is a PS3 with shittier graphics    would you then go and defend it and say the 3ds has even shittier graphics? Thats not the point of my sentence since the 3ds doesnt try to be a Ps3 or Wii  it has its own identity well   not really since its some kind of DS  but thats okay since both have the same purpose/heritage. 
So yeah in this case comparing the Vitas graphics to the 3ds would make as much sense as comparing the Vita to a pencil because the graphics or the battery life or being a pencil or not  clearly has no impact on my decision to buy the Vita or not.  The Vita identity problem is the reason why I dont buy a Vita and thats what I said. 

Can we move on now?

Why are people so hung up about the "it's a PS3 in your hands" statements? Everyone I know keeps going on about how it is inferior to console gaming, about how they don't want to play shitty ports of console games, or how it's inferior. Has anyone actually had the time to PLAY the games on the Vita's library? I have, and you know what? you're all being rather dense.

Pretty much every game on the Vita has been specifically tailored to portable play. as I go through my current list of games, almost all of them are perfect for bite sized gaming. Racers and fighters have been ported to the system, and they are practically ideal since fights last less than a minute and races last less than 5. Assassin's Creed Liberation has shorter missions with a smaller world for ease of travel and succinctness of missions. Gravity Rush has a smallish world, LittlebigPlanet and Rayman are platformers where each level takes only a couple minutes, etc. Even Ragnarok Odyssey, a lengthy boss fighting, hunting style RPG has hundreds of SHORT missions that can be enjoyed in 5 minutes or so.

This strict adherence to "I don't want to play inferior versions of console games" is flat out ignorant and not very well thought out.

Yes, the system CAN do console games, it CAN do online, it CAN do pretty much everything the PS3 can do, but that doesn't mean everyone has to judge it as an equal, due to the fact that it's still a handheld and devs have been treating it as such; too bad the public at large seems too dense to realize this subtle difference.

The Vita may be awesome, but it's still a portable system with portable limitations. The only system people should be comparing it to right now is the 3DS, and yet it's getting treated like a shitty, downgraded PS3. That's just plain not fair. that's like going on a vacation to Florida and complaining that there are no Lions roaming wild. Stop putting unfair expectations on a system just so you get some weird pleasure out of acting like it's inferior.

This is why I prefer not to leave the Vita thread, people everywhere else are overly critical, negative, and in many cases flat out ignorant. (and look up the meaning of Ignorant, it's not flaming, it's a statement about how little people seem to know. Lacking knowledge is not an insult, it's just the way it is, like that guy who incorrectly stated that Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty were ports.) You're allowed to not know things, but don't go flapping your gums about how terrible a system is without spending time with it ot learning for yourself.

IT's feeling like the xbot Brigade from the early PS3 years, throwing out false stats and facts about the PS3 for years before finally being pounded into the ground. they said the PS3 had no games either, and look where that ended up.

grah! Ignorance is so infuriating!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Money is the reason why I'm holding off on Vita. Money and Wii U, really.

Otherwise I would've probably bought it by now. Instead, I'm probably going to wait until next summer.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero