By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have a VIta? If not, why? I want as many responses as I can get!!!!

Do you have a have a Vita? If not why?

Yes, I have one and I'm enjoying it 113 25.92%

Yes, but I'm still waiti... 33 7.57%

No, but I'm buying one this fall 19 4.36%

No, I'm already got a 3D... 59 13.53%

No, waiting for more qual... 40 9.17%

No, the price is too high... 80 18.35%

No, I'm not interested in Handheld gaming 31 7.11%

No, its going to be disco... 59 13.53%

Total:434

Nope.

1) I don't play handhelds myself.
2) My kids do, but they have DSi and I'd only replace with 3DS.
3) why? because Nintendo has Pokemon and Vita gives no clear difference in gaming that isn't already on the home consoles.
4) cost and lack of features/distinct gaming experiences

Around the Network

I want it but lack money for one right now, i will probably have one by next summer. Hopefully, by then the games i want will be cheaper

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

runqvist said:
Even though Vita is much better than 3ds, I have no interest in it at the moment.

It's the price, isn't it?  it has to be the price.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
runqvist said:
Even though Vita is much better than 3ds, I have no interest in it at the moment.

No, I just don't like handhelds. I might get one for the summer, because I will have a long vacation next year. Or maybe I will just stick with ebook reader and a tablet...

Hmmm, interesting data collected from your poll. I did a similar thread a month or 2 ago. Got pretty much the same results.

Top reasons for most not having a Vita was the Price, or they had a 3DS already by a good margin. The ones with a 3DS already are sort of a lost cause, most anyway. Not many people buy every available console within a generation. If that was the main reason they said they had not gotten one then odds are that is not changing. It is the other data that can slowly change over time. Price is down now, Black Friday should see a good bump in sales.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
runqvist said:
Runa216 said:
runqvist said:

No, I just don't like handhelds. I might get one for the summer, because I will have a long vacation next year. Or maybe I will just stick with ebook reader and a tablet...

Get Nexus 7 if you get tablet/e-reader, it saves you buying 2 devices that way and it's cheap too

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_32gb

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

No, uninteresting games plus high price, plus very strong competition, i dont think im buying a Vita anytime soon, maybe when they cut the price to 100€ like what theyve done with the PSP

Also I would add that many of the reasons people don't have/don't want it will dissappear along with Price. My experience with different kinds of consumers tells me that they will formulate many reasons in their head why they don't need something simply because they CANT have it at that moment. PS3 was toted as having "No Gaemz" too for a long time, well after the library padded with top notch titles. "This doesn't interest me" etc was the sentament exclaimed by many. Then price dropped.........all over them like flies on shit.

Take FFVersXIII for instance, the game is by far the most asked for title from SE besides FFVII Remake. Many now are saying they don't care anymore cuz it took too long(which doesn't make sense as a reason to no longer like something) but all that really is is that they are conditioning themselves to NOT want it because to let themselves continue wanting it and not have it is exhausting.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Also I would add that many of the reasons people don't have/don't want it will dissappear along with Price. My experience with different kinds of consumers tells me that they will formulate many reasons in their head why they don't need something simply because they CANT have it at that moment. PS3 was toted as having "No Gaemz" too for a long time, well after the library padded with top notch titles. "This doesn't interest me" etc was the sentament exclaimed by many. Then price dropped.........all over them like flies on shit.

Take FFVersXIII for instance, the game is by far the most asked for title from SE besides FFVII Remake. Many now are saying they don't care anymore cuz it took too long(which doesn't make sense as a reason to no longer like something) but all that really is is that they are conditioning themselves to NOT want it because to let themselves continue wanting it and not have it is exhausting.

that's pretty basic pyschology and should never take anyone by surprise, but alas people still don't seem to  'get' it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

the2real4mafol said:
runqvist said:
Runa216 said:
runqvist said:

Get Nexus 7 if you get tablet/e-reader, it saves you buying 2 devices that way and it's cheap too

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_32gb

I have a tablet and a ebook reader. Also I don't understand the people who use tablet as ebook reader. Those tablet screens are utter trash compared to e-ink displays.