By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have a VIta? If not, why? I want as many responses as I can get!!!!

Do you have a have a Vita? If not why?

Yes, I have one and I'm enjoying it 113 25.92%

Yes, but I'm still waiti... 33 7.57%

No, but I'm buying one this fall 19 4.36%

No, I'm already got a 3D... 59 13.53%

No, waiting for more qual... 40 9.17%

No, the price is too high... 80 18.35%

No, I'm not interested in Handheld gaming 31 7.11%

No, its going to be disco... 59 13.53%

Total:434

The term "better" games is unique for every person. I said that 3DS has better games, because that is my opinion and response to the OP. Others can respond to the OP and say that they WOULD by a Vita because the games are "better", and that's equally valid but there is no point in disputing my opinion, as it's subjective. There is definitely also no point in disputing that there are more games for 3DS. It's been out longer, and it has over 200 more games than the PSV. It's not even close. The 3DS is also getting better 3rd party support (at least in Japan), with games like Layton, Monster Hunter, Square Enix games, etc. As it's install base grows dramatically larger than the PSV, this trend will likely become more pronounced.

Again, I have no intention of buying either handheld, but if I did Vita's price would deter me, it's extra bells and whistles wouldn't entice me, and there is a better, cheaper option in my opinion. Also, I think there is a legitimate risk of it being abandoned after another year. Its sales are dismal.

Around the Network

Can't afford it atm and turned off by no PSP backwards compatibility.

One word: Pokemon.

miz1q2w3e said:
One word: Pokemon.

Pokemon will be the desacration of the remains...

Games I'll be getting when I get my Vita are Jet Set Radio, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, AC:Liberation, Rayman Origins and PSABR. I'll also be getting P4G and FFX HD as soon as they launch.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Games I'll be getting when I get my Vita are Jet Set Radio, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, AC:Liberation, Rayman Origins and PSABR. I'll also be getting P4G and FFX HD as soon as they launch.

Persona was just released today.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
brendude13 said:

Persona was just released today.  

Are you sure?

^ *hint hint*

not enough games for me. or atleast not one game that i HAVE to play on the system.

Even though Vita is much better than 3ds, I have no interest in it at the moment.

I don't have a VITA, and I'm likely to never have one because I'm simply not interested in handheld gaming....never was, and I don't see why I would start now.

To me, handheld gaming is inferior gaming....that's how I see it.  It's a small ass screen, with small and less buttons and smaller and/or less joysticks.  The resolution is lower, and the technology is lessor than that of a full fleged console.  Why would I waste my time playing and inferior gaming device, when I have perfectly good consoles sitting right in front of me with my awesome HIGH DEF TV?  

That's how I feel about handheld gaming.  

Handheld gaming is stupid to me.  That's just me.  Sorry.