By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have a VIta? If not, why? I want as many responses as I can get!!!!

Do you have a have a Vita? If not why?

Yes, I have one and I'm enjoying it 113 25.92%

Yes, but I'm still waiti... 33 7.57%

No, but I'm buying one this fall 19 4.36%

No, I'm already got a 3D... 59 13.53%

No, waiting for more qual... 40 9.17%

No, the price is too high... 80 18.35%

No, I'm not interested in Handheld gaming 31 7.11%

No, its going to be disco... 59 13.53%

Total:434

It is inferior to my tablet. The games on it are mostly just inferior versions of games I can play on my PS3 or 3660.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
No, I don't have the system and have no intention of buying it. It offers me nothing worthwhile.

I bought a PSP when they first came out and I enjoyed it for a while. It offered a good variety of entertainment (games,music,movies) on the go. Then I saw someone at work with a DS and a was a little jealous because the games seemed better.

Today, the "extra" stuff that I liked about a PSP is available on my smartphone. If I wanted a device strictly for games, I would get a 3DS: more games, better games, cheaper price, cheaper games. I can see no reason why a person would buy a Vita over it's competitor unless they really like Sony's 1st party games.

The better games part is debatable and vita games aren't more expensive, at least not where i live. I'd say its more so the other way round esspecialy with nintendo 1st party software...

TheLastStarFighter said:
No, I don't have the system and have no intention of buying it. It offers me nothing worthwhile.

I bought a PSP when they first came out and I enjoyed it for a while. It offered a good variety of entertainment (games,music,movies) on the go. Then I saw someone at work with a DS and a was a little jealous because the games seemed better.

Today, the "extra" stuff that I liked about a PSP is available on my smartphone. If I wanted a device strictly for games, I would get a 3DS: more games, better games, cheaper price, cheaper games. I can see no reason why a person would buy a Vita over it's competitor unless they really like Sony's 1st party games.

Better games?  more Games?  Last I checked they were pretty much equal and right down the line in overall quality software, and the Vita has been hout less than half as long as the 3DS.  They're both doing great, software wise.  my real question is...why would you get a 3DS unless you really like Nintendo first party games?  At least the Vita can handle console ports, whereas the 3DS gets inferior downgrades.  Not saying 3DS is bad, I have both and put in dozens of hours per month on each handheld, but Vita has a much better variety of games and is capable of more due to the second analog stick, much better processing power, and better online.  I love them both, but Vita is a better system.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

None of the options quite explain why I don't have a Vita. I don't have one because I do not have the money, but I would get one, however at the same time I really want to wait for the games to come out first as well. It's a mix of several options, really.

I dont see the need for this console I have a 3ds as my portable device and also have a DS and bought a PSP last year. The Vita is a PS3 with shitty battery life it does not have alot of good exclusives (Gravity Rush is the only game that makes me want the thing at least to some extend) and the games that are made for consoles like portable black ops/ resistance are shit on the Vita.

It fails at being a portable system and it fails at  bringing the "stationary console" feeling to the portable world.

I dont get why this device exists.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

I dont see the need for this console I have a 3ds as my portable device and also have a DS and bought a PSP last year. The Vita is a PS3 with shitty battery life it does not have alot of good exclusives (Gravity Rush is the only game that makes me want the thing at least to some extend) and the games that are made for consoles like portable black ops/ resistance are shit on the Vita.

It fails at being a portable system and it fails at  bringing the "stationary console" feeling to the portable world.

I dont get why this device exists.

No it doesn't.  Plenty of its games are perfectly caters to handheld gaming.  Uncharted's missions are pretty short and can be enjoyed in small bursts, Unit 13 is the same, Has plenty of games that are racing games, fighting games, platformers, etc.  

No it doesn't.  It has plenty of direct ports FROM the console games, oftentimes with noticeable upgrades, such as Disgaea, Persona, Mortal Kombat, and dozens of fighting games and racing games.  Not to mention Gravity Rush would have been fine on a console, so would assassin's Creed or uncharted.  

I have no idea why you seem to think it fails. It does equal quality portable games as the 3DS and better console styled games.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I'm waiting for more JRPGs before I purchase one.

I know theres Persona 4, but I'm waiting for at least another great JRPG.

Borrowing one. However, I am going to purchase Persona 4 :) !

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Runa216 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Better games?  more Games?  Last I checked they were pretty much equal and right down the line in overall quality software, and the Vita has been hout less than half as long as the 3DS.  They're both doing great, software wise.  my real question is...why would you get a 3DS unless you really like Nintendo first party games?  At least the Vita can handle console ports, whereas the 3DS gets inferior downgrades.  Not saying 3DS is bad, I have both and put in dozens of hours per month on each handheld, but Vita has a much better variety of games and is capable of more due to the second analog stick, much better processing power, and better online.  I love them both, but Vita is a better system.  

There not equal.

why would I get 3ds if not for first party?

kingdom hearts,professor Layton,code of princess , final fantasy game music game,resident evil game, nano assault,harvest moon, etc.

but really it's all opinion.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

No retail backwards compatibility. This is pretty huge for me as I pretty much only buy retail and the PSP had a pretty great catalogue. At this point Im more likely to buy a PSP...