Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have a VIta? If not, why? I want as many responses as I can get!!!!

Do you have a have a Vita? If not why?

Yes, I have one and I'm enjoying it 113 25.92%

Yes, but I'm still waiti... 33 7.57%

No, but I'm buying one this fall 19 4.36%

No, I'm already got a 3D... 59 13.53%

No, waiting for more qual... 40 9.17%

No, the price is too high... 80 18.35%

No, I'm not interested in Handheld gaming 31 7.11%

No, its going to be disco... 59 13.53%

Total:434

Unless a bunch of exclusive JRPGs come along that are 70+ metacritic then I will not be buying one.

I'm not interested in watered down console ports or quirky original puzzley type games that the Vita is currently receiving. I've played those quirky games on my PSP and good as they are, they aren't worth the investment on the Vita in different forms imo.

I don't really see a market for the Vita at the current time with it's current lineup of games, for me at least. I also doubt if long term support can be maintained. That situation will be clearer Q1 2013.

Around the Network
fillet said:

Unless a bunch of exclusive JRPGs come along that are 70+ metacritic then I will not be buying one.

I'm not interested in watered down console ports or quirky original puzzley type games that the Vita is currently receiving. I've played those quirky games on my PSP and good as they are, they aren't worth the investment on the Vita in different forms imo.

I don't really see a market for the Vita at the current time with it's current lineup of games, for me at least. I also doubt if long term support can be maintained. That situation will be clearer Q1 2013.

Is one at 94 good enough?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/persona-4-golden

I was really tempted to buy a Vita bundled with a memory card and Assassin's Creed for $250. Later I saw a review for that game and it didn't look particularly great. Frankly, all the Vita games that seemed like potential "killer apps" have been disappointing.

I have a 3DS and I still use my GBA and PSP. So I got plenty on my backlog already and lack luster software isn't motivating me to get a Vita.

Recently Completed
Gears 5
for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Very good thread.

But the poll is a bit wrong. It should allow multiple answer as there can be more than one reason.

I ended up just selecting the conclusion, wich is its a dieing system so it a very high risk buy atm.

The real reasons are that 1. I got a 3DS and a PSP this year. 2. Price is too high for a handheld 3. Due to lack of support, i see lack of games. Conclusion: Too pricey, and bad sales make it a risky purchase.
Personally i would like to get a few games for it, but i dont want to buy a system for 3 games, even if it drops in price. The good thing about the 3DS is even if not many titles that i want come out for it this year, i know that theres alot more coming in the future that will make it even more worth it (unnanounced ones). Its that hidden potencial that is the Vita's biggest problem. Its a problem born out of Sony's incapability to drop the price and increase sales while they could. Now, its too late. Everyone admits to it beeing dead (who isnt a fanboy).

brendude13 said:
fillet said:

Great a ps2 port.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network

I bought my 3G Vita through the $50 extra deal to get it a week before launch on February 15th. At the beginning of summer I had a dry spell with it and towards the end of summer I had another one. Then LBP came out and I've got back into the vibe of it.

I have Uncharted, Wipeout, Little Deviants, Gravity Rush, Resistance, and LittleBigPlanet. Download wise I have a 32 gb card for SunFlowers, Motorstorm, Escape Plan, Frobisher Says (paid DLC), Super Stardust Delta, Sound Shapes, and Mutant Blobs Attack. It is an incredible system and even if no more games released I'd be happy with my investment. Despite that I'm eagerly awaiting the future as this thing has so much untapped potential. If sales pick up, future games could look better than Uncharted 3 considering optimization and such.

I enjoy handheld gaming more than console gaming, so I am still looking forward to buy a vita, my problem is that there are not enough games to warrant my purchase. P4G is a must for me, so I'll get a vita eventually.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

- Controls are inferior to that of Xbox and PS controllers. Smaller sticks, smaller buttons positioned too closely to the right stick resulting in accidental button presses. (Or so I have heard.) No handles to give the user a good grip.

- The hardcore gaming experience is trimmed down significantly due to previously mentioned controls, worse sound (I don't like using earphones when gaming, but even then I don't own any high quality earphones), smaller screen (scaling down the epic feel of enjoying massive detailed on-screen objects and environments/landscapes).

While the last two points also applies to my 3DS, the 3DS compensates these issues with its unique software.

@BOLD

You've fallen prey to the same crowd that said 3DS killed your eyes. Unless you play with your fists it is impossible for that to happen. What is real however is your thumb tapping the touch screen. That is actually physically possible and has happened to me on a few games.

@ITALICIZED

See I worried about that before I got the system with Uncharted but it really isn't the case. I have a very large and nice TV for gaming and while playing the Vita I am just as engulfed in its screen as I am when playing console games.

Honestly I don't see myself using it. I got an iPhone recently and it satisfies my on the go gaming needs, and I don't want to have a second bulky device in my pocket solely for games.

My phone can't play console quality games but...that's what my console at home is for.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

ninetailschris said:
brendude13 said:

Great a ps2 port.

A port of a game nobody played.