By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo and COD get GOTY snub at the VGA

S.T.A.G.E. said:
MB1025 said:
ZaneWane said:
two hour downladable game should not be nominated for game of the year

It isn't even 2 hours. Plus there is no story. The only reason why people are creaming their pants is becsause it was different and an "experience".  Give me a break with that shit. Your a fucking bed sheet ice skating across a desert. You can't justify that game being on there and not Halo 4 or Borderlands 2. 

It doesn't matter if its two hours. Thats the only game that seems to be getting media accolades all year for its effect on gaming. Its an emotional game and some people have actually stated that they cried after it. Very few games can do it with a simplistic concept.

people were only crying because they spent 15 bucks on 2 hour game

Around the Network

The guy above me.. sheesh.

If any game got snubbed, its Borderlands 2. The only retail game aside from ME3 that managed to get 90 metacritic.

Borderlands 2 is just pure gold.

ZaneWane said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
MB1025 said:
ZaneWane said:
two hour downladable game should not be nominated for game of the year

It isn't even 2 hours. Plus there is no story. The only reason why people are creaming their pants is becsause it was different and an "experience".  Give me a break with that shit. Your a fucking bed sheet ice skating across a desert. You can't justify that game being on there and not Halo 4 or Borderlands 2. 

It doesn't matter if its two hours. Thats the only game that seems to be getting media accolades all year for its effect on gaming. Its an emotional game and some people have actually stated that they cried after it. Very few games can do it with a simplistic concept.

people were only crying because they spent 15 bucks on 2 hour game

lol....Listen to this. 

My personal choice is Journey the unique real GOTY content in the list.

But I agree if AC3 is on the list then Halo 4 and BOPS2 deserves too... neither AC3, Halo 4 or BOPS2 are GOTY content for me.

Around the Network

List is fine. The only iffy thing is that assassin's creed 3 is on the list when the likes of xcom, borderlands, and halo are not. Mass Effect 3 makes sense because like it or not it had the highest metacritic of any retail game this year. Journey makes sense because its an artsy game that reviewers love to praise so that they can seem classy. The Walking Dead is the biggest new player(so excluding minecraft) in the best year for downloadable games ever, at least for consoles. Dishonored is a highly rated new ip.

JayWood2010 said:
SvennoJ said:
^^^ A $15 2 hour game (which I played for 20+ hours and still come back to) does not deserve on the list, but a $60 6 hour game, Dishonered, does? (which took me 12 hours)

Length doesn't mean a thing, Halo 4's campaign isn't very long either, the multiplayer experience makes the game just as it does for Journey.

I'm glad that something that isn't a sequel gets the recognition that it deserves.
AC3 it's the 5th game really, Halo 4 -> 7th game?

If you are going to talk about what I said then reply to me next time.  You are 1 person.  The majority of people wont play Journey more than even 4 hours.  Halo has a ton more content than just storyline and you know this so don't even bring up one aspect of a game.  Journey is good but to be on the game of the year list excluding games like Halo 4, Borderlands 2, and multiple others that has much more content, playability, and amazing games in there own way is a slap to the face.  If Journey was a $60 game nobody would have even talked about it.  Why? because it isnt worth $60

Originality and quality of the experience trumps content in my book. I don't know what you mean by much more playability. I paid $45 in the end for Journey, download version and boxed version, I've paid $60 for games I have spend less time with.
Journey moved me as it did many others, Halo 4 was fun with great production values but in the end more of the same.

ethomaz said:

But I agree if AC3 is on the list then Halo 4 and BOPS2 deserves too... neither AC3, Halo 4 or BOPS2 are GOTY content for me.

Have you played any of these games?

Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:

Have you played any of these games?

Yes, yes and no.

Even though I am enjoying Black Ops 2, I'm glad it didn't get nominated for GOTY. There are other games out there that deserve it more even though Black Ops 2 did bring so many changes this year.