By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo and COD get GOTY snub at the VGA

MB1025 said:
ZaneWane said:
two hour downladable game should not be nominated for game of the year

It isn't even 2 hours. Plus there is no story. The only reason why people are creaming their pants is becsause it was different and an "experience".  Give me a break with that shit. Your a fucking bed sheet ice skating across a desert. You can't justify that game being on there and not Halo 4 or Borderlands 2. 

A unique game in such a terrible Console Gen deserves a nomination more than the 213487 episode of a copy+paste shooter.
Sorry better graphics don't change the fact its the same game we played already tons of times...goes for CoD too and 99% of every other shooter this Gen.

Journey is one step i a right direction.
Even media has enough of the same garbage every year and wants change - We changed from a Gen where every Genre had a chance into this one where everything that isn't a shooter is getting bad sales and bad scores even if they are high quality.
Now better late than never the media is getting bored too slowly and thats a good sign.
And sorry - Dude in spacesuit killing Aliens for the 10th game isn't a good story either.

Borderlands 2 should win best shooter of the year - Its an amazing experience with an amazing art style.

Around the Network

glad i dont watch the vga nor care. the lists suck. They dont make too much sense with some gamnes being on best of platform and not goty. But also a lot of games i have not played, i need to play more gmaes

VGA's are a joke

picked Journey

VGA always makes dumb decisions like this so I'm not surprised.

I do agree with the people saying that Journey and The Walking Dead shouldn't be in it though. Journey is a great game but a 15$ 2 hour long game does not deserve to be on that list. The Walking Dead is just average.

In the mean time Halo 4 is arguably the best FPS to ever be and it doesn't make the list? Then you have Borderlands which once again has had great reviews with tons of hours of playtime. The Diablo of FPS world in other words but it doesn't make the cut either.

Then you have Trials Evolution which has been a beast this year in the Arcade market. Not only has it been the second biggest release this year for Arcade games behind Minecraft but the reviews as well as users loving this game has been great.

Then you have Halo 4 in the X360 games going up against Asassins Creed III and Dishonored. Now if Halo 4 beats them what does that tell you?

Around the Network

^^^ A $15 2 hour game (which I played for 20+ hours and still come back to) does not deserve on the list, but a $60 6 hour game, Dishonered, does? (which took me 12 hours)

Length doesn't mean a thing, Halo 4's campaign isn't very long either, the multiplayer experience makes the game just as it does for Journey.

I'm glad that something that isn't a sequel gets the recognition that it deserves.
AC3 it's the 5th game really, Halo 4 -> 7th game?

MB1025 said:
ZaneWane said:
two hour downladable game should not be nominated for game of the year

It isn't even 2 hours. Plus there is no story. The only reason why people are creaming their pants is becsause it was different and an "experience".  Give me a break with that shit. Your a fucking bed sheet ice skating across a desert. You can't justify that game being on there and not Halo 4 or Borderlands 2. 

It doesn't matter if its two hours. Thats the only game that seems to be getting media accolades all year for its effect on gaming. Its an emotional game and some people have actually stated that they cried after it. Very few games can do it with a simplistic concept.

I haven't played the game Journey since I don't currently own a PS3. I will say this, though: unique game experiences, beautiful environments, and rich atmosphere are traits not found in many games nowadays.

I love Halo 4 to death and personally think it should be nominated for GOTY, but that doesn't mean Journey shouldn't be nominated.

The BuShA owns all!

SvennoJ said:
^^^ A $15 2 hour game (which I played for 20+ hours and still come back to) does not deserve on the list, but a $60 6 hour game, Dishonered, does? (which took me 12 hours)

Length doesn't mean a thing, Halo 4's campaign isn't very long either, the multiplayer experience makes the game just as it does for Journey.

I'm glad that something that isn't a sequel gets the recognition that it deserves.
AC3 it's the 5th game really, Halo 4 -> 7th game?

If you are going to talk about what I said then reply to me next time.  You are 1 person.  The majority of people wont play Journey more than even 4 hours.  Halo has a ton more content than just storyline and you know this so don't even bring up one aspect of a game.  Journey is good but to be on the game of the year list excluding games like Halo 4, Borderlands 2, and multiple others that has much more content, playability, and amazing games in there own way is a slap to the face.  If Journey was a $60 game nobody would have even talked about it.  Why? because it isnt worth $60

Gaming is now officially becoming art where its simply impossible to consider something great that is mass market popular. Expect more of this behaviour to come as the critics distance themselves from their audience further in the years to come.

Walking Dead deserved its nomination although they aren't brave enough to let it win I bet!