By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo and COD get GOTY snub at the VGA

http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/game-of-the-year

Halo 4 and COD are majorly nominated for Best shooter and Halo 4 for best 360 game. (VGA's ......burn)Halo's only major competition for GOTY this year was COD BLOPS in my eyes. 

Around the Network

The vga's did something right, halo or cod didn't innovate enough to warrant a goty nomination.

007BondAgent said:
The vga's did something right, halo or cod didn't innovate enough to warrant a goty nomination.

As a fan of Halo, who has replayed each Halo game several times, I can tell you that Halo 4 is the best Halo, one of the best games of all time and deserves nomination for best game of the year. It inovated in all the right ways and maintained what needed to be maintained.

I am not the biggest Halo fan, but even I agree that the path for GOTY was practically Halo 4's for the taking. All of the games that should've been competition were less than.

007BondAgent said:

Neither did ME3 or AC3, but they were nominated.

Around the Network

This year really sucked.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

smroadkill15 said:
007BondAgent said:

Neither did ME3 or AC3, but they were nominated.

To be fair Assassins Creed changed the engine for new terrain free running, Ship mechanics and missions, trade shipment mini games, slow mo chain kills and the rope dart finishers equals win. Aside from that AC3 wasn't much to stand in Halo 4's way of getting GOTY. COD BLOPS changed up quite a bit as well.

I am am not the biggest Halo fan, but I feel that it is worse than Halo Reach. It was not innovative at all except for making a slightly better story and better graphics.

I feel Borderlands 2 was snubbed.

That said, I agreed with the most awarded major game of the year winner the past 2 years while not for this year.

chocoloco said:

I am am not the biggest Halo fan, but I feel that it is worse than Halo Reach. It was not innovative at all except for making a slightly better story and better graphics.

I feel Borderlands 2 was snubbed.

That said, I agreed with the most awarded major game of the year winner the past 2 years while not for this year.

I dunno, I don't feel that Borderlands 2 was better than Dishonored. It might end up taking the win.

Aside from that I am glad Journey was put up for GOTY, truly a great experience.