By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo and COD get GOTY snub at the VGA

ethomaz said:

JayWood2010 said:

EDIT:  Because I know youll probably try and skate around this one too answer this for me.  If Journey was a full priced $60 game do you think it would be on the GoTY list?  Be honest

For me YES!!!

That's not about price or lenght... it's about quality and overall experience.

That is cool that you love the game so much but it's also not what I'm asking.  Do you think it would be on the list?  Not your list but the VGA list if it was $60.  Do you think the metacritic would be as high as what it is now if it was a $60 game

Around the Network

i personally think this year will be better then previous since they have nominations that you wouldn't expect to be up there

kain_kusanagi said:
007BondAgent said:
The vga's did something right, halo or cod didn't innovate enough to warrant a goty nomination.

As a fan of Halo, who has replayed each Halo game several times, I can tell you that Halo 4 is the best Halo, one of the best games of all time and deserves nomination for best game of the year. It inovated in all the right ways and maintained what needed to be maintained.

As a non-halo, who has only played Halo reach for mere minutes, I say nope. It's the same thing, in a different location. See how that works?

OT: Well excuse VGA for actually for trying to add some variety into the mix. Halo and COD for game of the year would have been a snore fest either. I'm sure they will win big in their own categories but to see games like Dishonored, Journey, TWD, new IP from this gen is very refresing. What's even better is seen that 4 out of the 5 GotY selections are multiplat. 

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

JayWood2010 said:
That is cool that you love the game so much but it's also not what I'm asking.  Do you think it would be on the list?  Not your list but the VGA list if it was $60.  Do you think the metacritic would be as high as what it is now if it was a $60 game

That's harder to day because if it was $60 the game would not be the same (maybe longer, maybe better or worst experience)... who knows? But I can say the game like it is released deserves to be on the VGA list... it's my personal GOTY before the VGA list out.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4883739

slowmo said:
Gaming is now officially becoming art where its simply impossible to consider something great that is mass market popular. Expect more of this behaviour to come as the critics distance themselves from their audience further in the years to come.

Walking Dead deserved its nomination although they aren't brave enough to let it win I bet!

My roommate was drowning in the Walking Dead game. The positions they put you in had to be tough. That game really racks up your decisions.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
slowmo said:
Gaming is now officially becoming art where its simply impossible to consider something great that is mass market popular. Expect more of this behaviour to come as the critics distance themselves from their audience further in the years to come.

Walking Dead deserved its nomination although they aren't brave enough to let it win I bet!

My roommate was drowning in the Walking Dead game. The positions they put you in had to be tough. That game really racks up your decisions.

I agree with that nomination too... I played just the ep 1 and 2 but I loved... it's cools to see how the history progress with your decisions.

ethomaz said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:
slowmo said:

I agree with that nomination too... I played just the ep 1 and 2 but I loved... it's cools to see how the history progress with your decisions.

Exactly, I doubt the nay sayers even played the first let alone all 4.  It genuinely manages to make you engage in some awkward decisions.  At one point in the game I was torn between choices and the timer ran down and the argument escalated because I wouldn't pick a side.  The story is fantastic but the attachment they manage to build between players and characters has been amazing to the point people have become enraged when their favourites have died.  Can't wait for the final episode and hope for more next season!

Personally think Final Fantasy XIII-2 deserved a nomination for best RPG. Granted I doubt it would have won against Xenoblade/Mass Effect 3, but they still deserved a mention.

ethomaz said:
JayWood2010 said:

That's harder to day because if it was $60 the game would not be the same (maybe longer, maybe better or worst experience)... who knows? But I can say the game like it is released deserves to be on the VGA list... it's my personal GOTY before the VGA list out.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4883739

*sigh* keep skating around it.  If it was the exact same game as now and $60.  You knew that is what I was asking

Wagram said:
Personally think Final Fantasy XIII-2 deserved a nomination for best RPG. Granted I doubt it would have won against Xenoblade/Mass Effect 3, but they still deserved a mention.

Final Fantasy has fallen off the face of the earth. The list seems to be fine.