By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed 1-2 are two of the worst games ever created

Is Assassin's Creed overrated?`

Yes 130 34.95%

No 240 64.52%

Total:370

I would say that it isn't a bad game. It isn't the best franchise, but it certainly isn't the worst.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

tell me about it assasin's creed 3 was a disappointment for me horrible battles

http://www.gamespot.com/big-rigs-over-the-road-racing/

1.0 abysmal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR3a0gixfwI.

Video Review. THATS the worst video game ever created.

The effort put into crafting the AC game worlds alone deserves some respect. Thread titles can make debate veterans like yourself, seem not credible.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Not to sound like I'm trolling but every AC since the 1st one has been selling millions every year, do you think your opinion. On this game will change the thoughts of millions ? Assassin's Creed 2 is my favorite and brotherhood is the best in my opinion and yes i have AC3

whatnow said:

tell me about it assasin's creed 3 was a disappointment for me horrible battles

Colonial America doesn't exactly have the sprawling cities and high archectecture of previous installments. The downside of this choice of locale.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

1? maybe, 2? GTFO!!!!

You may not be monitoring this thread any longer, but I created an account just to tell you I love Assassin's Creed.  I avoided it for years because I thought it was going to be the same as Hitman, and I hated that game.  Hitman is one of the only games I have purchased that I gave up on.  In Hitman, you advance a step, pause, advance another, oh, someone heard you.  Start over.  Advance slowly, spotted.  Damn.  Try again, repeat ad nauseum.  Try the Rambo approach.  Get killed in 5 seconds.   

Finally AC1 came up on Steam for 5 bucks, thought I would give it a try.  It's a great game, one of my all-time favourites.  The graphics are incredible for a game that came out in 2006.  I actually really like the fighting in the game.  Yes, you can use the counter move over and over if you like, but you are certainly not obligated to.  You can counter the first guy, and then sword attack the second, switch off targeting, climb a building, and knife-throw your pursuers before jumping in a hideout.  I find the side missions are nicely varied, you get the stall-destroy missions, stealth assasinations, archer kills, pickpockets, timed flag pickups, etc.  There is a lot of variety.  I also find the safe spots varied, some on benches, some in hideouts, some in hay carts.  The climbing is not as literal as you make it out to be, early on, yes, the buildings are straight up, but very quickly you find buildings where you have to figure out your way up and certainly can not do so blindfolded. I also thought it was a great addition to include hay stacks at the base of each building so you didn't have to waste time climbing down.  Eagles circling climbing points were a terrific idea.

I like the flag collection, finding flags hidden around the various cities, although it would be better to acquire some sort of power-up or weapon for collecting them all on a per-city basis.  The missions in the game get steadily more difficult, but you can alter the difficulty by completing the "Save Citizen" side missions first.  Then you get roving bands of vigilantes helping you when you are cornered.  That is a great addition to a game, and one I see very rarely.  Finally, you asked for one instance where someone thought "this is really fun", when I completed the Damascus 5-informer assassination challenge with exactly 1.12 seconds left, I was stoked.  Also finding the last flag in Damascus, getting away from an army of pursuers, or completing a main story assissination mission and making it back to the HQ alive.

All in all, great game (and I was bored to death watching Twilight).

arcane_chaos said:
1? maybe, 2? GTFO!!!!

This is exactly my sentiment. The first one was a little rough around the edges, but it's the first in the series that tried something new, so I'll gladly give it some slack. 2 Is my favorite of the series.

If anything, it's the later games that are poorer where they are only adding mechanics which don't involve or lead up to actually assassinating people. I don't want to spend forever in front of a map where you send other assassins to do missions for you, do stupid tower defense minigames or scavange body parts from woodland critters to sell them for building materials just so I can play Sim City in the middle of f-ing nowhere. I just want to sneak around cool historical places and stab people! >_<

AC1 I can agree was medicore, but 2 was a vast improvement and made it it a good game.

Great? Nah, it still had some flaws. Brotherhood improved in some areas and made others worse (money).

Revelation was a lot of faffing about.

I still need to play AC3.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Creed 1 yes.. Creed 2 is one of my favourite games this gen though. Don't agree