By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed 1-2 are two of the worst games ever created

Is Assassin's Creed overrated?`

Yes 130 34.95%

No 240 64.52%

Total:370

I agree with the OP. Also

"A question to all of you: When was the last time you were playing Assassin's Creed and thought, "this is a really fun game"?"

Since I only ever played AC:L, I consider this a clown question :P

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

Worst IP ever? nah. Extremely shallow and simplistic casual blockbuster game? Totally agree with you.

4 ≈ One

I don't think it's the worst, but they are pretty boring games in my opinion. I wasn't able to get into either the first or second so I'm not going to bother with the third.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

This forum is pretty much...

If X game is popular = it sucks...

lordmandeep said:

Welcome to the internet.  It's not just here. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
lordmandeep said:

perhaps that's the case elsewhere, but not with me. I enjoy other popular games like Halo, Mario, Grand Theft Auto, Batman, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, etc.

pezus said:
I just don't get what your beef with this game is, Jay. I disagree with all of the points in the OP because I find the combat fun (but still a bit on the easy side); the games were praised for the fact that your character can scale almost ANYTHING and that's what makes the platforming so awesome (dat view at the top); the gameplay is fun because it's varied and you can tackle it how you like with a variety of weapons, gadgets and techniques. Last, but certainly not least, the soundtracks of these games are some of the best in the business (heck, you should know the guy that is responsible for that) and the graphics are great overall (but some spots are weaker than others).

But, what really draws me in is the overarching story. There is simply nothing like it in gaming.

Agree to disagree about the combat I guess. As for the platforming, my problem is the controls. You're essentially just pushing the thumbstick forward while Enzio climbs/jumps/grabs/runs without any further input. it requires no effort. I couldn't care less about a view if the climb to the top is that boring. Same for story, graphics, & soundtracks. Those really don't make a game fun.

Boutros said:
And I have bad taste?

OMG YES YOU DO!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

To each their own. I'll admit I read nothing but the title.

To demonstrate that people have different tastes:

I generally like AC. Jay doesn't.
Jay generally likes Hitman. I personally think it's one of the worst series out there.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

RolStoppable said:
hatmoza said:
To each their own. I'll admit I read nothing but the title.

To demonstrate that people have different tastes:

I generally like AC. Jay doesn't.
Jay generally likes Hitman. I personally think it's one of the worst series out there.

Hitman: Absolution is pretty bad. I saw a video review and it got a score of aquamarine. It was worth watching though.

What is it with late night hosts playing and reviewing games anyway? Are real game journalist really that awful that we resort to comedians to review our games?