By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed 1-2 are two of the worst games ever created

Is Assassin's Creed overrated?`

Yes 130 34.95%

No 240 64.52%

Total:370
Alphachris said:
Tell me another game that lets you visit some of the most famous tourist sights of Renaissance Italy. Firenze, Venice? Tell me another game that tries to wrap a story around History? Assassin's Creed is simply brilliant... Its the one open world game that I find not boring and that can truly tell a thrilling story.

Plenty of crap games have unique settings with interesting stories based on true history.

Around the Network
Alphachris said:
Tell me another game that lets you visit some of the most famous tourist sights of Renaissance Italy. Firenze, Venice? Tell me another game that tries to wrap a story around History? Assassin's Creed is simply brilliant... Its the one open world game that I find not boring and that can truly tell a thrilling story.

Really?

Jay520 said:
Shinobi-san said:

I still dont get what you saying. You have a problem with killing the main target and then running away? The stealth part usually comes before you kill the main guy or as you are trying to kill him. Also some missions are simply not designed for stealth either so you cant expect stealth in certain situations. This is an action adventure game NOT a pure stealth game. The way you play is up to you. I have played most of AC2 and Brotherhood using stealh the game isnt satisfactory for me if i dont play it like this.

And i was not trying to convince you to play brotherhood. You should never play another AC game ever if you sucked at 2 or didnt like it.

And yeah i say this is a flame thread because all of your points are baseless. You also made the argument against the IP as a whole when you only played 1 out of the 5 games? And each game mixes up core gameplay elements by quite a bit. So you simply cant have the knowledge to make the statements you are making. Its like a guy plays Halo ODST then goes on to say the entire IP is overated. Total bullshit man and you should know this.

We have different definitions of stealth then. I don't consider any mission that consists of running from dozens of guards as stealth. 

Also, I never used the lack of stealth as a reason for why the game is bad. I was just replying to someone who said AC2 was a stealth game.

And I didn't suck at AC2; the game is too easy for anyone to suck at it.

I've changed the title to only discuss AC1-2. 

Also, you're Halo example doesn't make sense. ODST isn't comparable to the entire Halo franchise, at least not as much as AC2 is comparable to the Assassin's Creed franchise. But I've changed the title nonetheless.

Stealth has one definition. There is no need for confusion. Sneak up behind a guy and kill him without anyone seeing -> stealth. Its that simple. For the majority of AC games and for the majority of missions in the main campaign or side missions you can do this.

And i didnt you say you suck at AC2...but you did say only 20% of the game is stealth you also said you find urself running away from gaurds all the time...which did not happen to me. So i assumed you just didnt get the stealth right it can be pretty tough at times as you are also fighting against a weak AI system.

And yeah you have changed the title but its even more flamey and provocative. Your points again do not apply to AC1 and 2 as they are very different.

My halo example is perfectly valid.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

MDMAlliance said:
Halo obviously is one of the more overrated series in existence. Not saying the game sucks, but that the game isn't so amazing that it deserves millions upon millions of people playing it and praising it. There's not really much to warrant it an exceptional game.
This is how it always is, though. This happens with TV shows, music, movies, etc.

The fuck did I just read

Aldro said:
MDMAlliance said:
Halo obviously is one of the more overrated series in existence. Not saying the game sucks, but that the game isn't so amazing that it deserves millions upon millions of people playing it and praising it. There's not really much to warrant it an exceptional game.
This is how it always is, though. This happens with TV shows, music, movies, etc.

The fuck did I just read

There's nothing wrong with what I said.  I've played Halo before.  It's not a game that looks like a masterpiece, but it does offer a lot of fun.  There are many games that are just amazing and do not even break 1m.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
the2real4mafol said:
I don't get how you people don't like it.

the main story that is set in the past is good and has lots of key events from the time. While, Desmond's story itself is truly fucked up and is very hard to understand. Also, combat is simple and easy to grasp, which i like.

But over anything, it's always the location and the time period that makes the game for me. I just running along the rooftops of 16th century Rome or Istanbul, or through the forests outside of Boston and New York in the 18th century. No other game focuses on the past in such a way. It's just fun to explore these worlds sometimes.

But if anything, it's the multiplayer that sucks. That never was fun to play and the high level players are very over powered in my opinion

I admit this game is easy, but again that don't bother me. If you want a challenging game then look elsewhere.

Assassin's Creed III was one of my favourite games from the HD generation. I would give that 8.5 out of 10 though , while Assassin's creed II was definitely better (9.5 out of 10). That still remains the best in the series.

Had you talked about Assassin's Creed 1, i would agree

Again, people list secondary things like story, atmosphere, etc. as things which compensate for the weak gameplay. This is shocking.

Why can't you accept that I love the series and you hate it, i have no problem with your opinion. Accept mine. I admit it has it's flaws but i like it. If you hate it, just play other franchises, like the new Hitman or Far Cry, they are bound to have some challenge and better gameplay to them.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

MDMAlliance said:
Aldro said:
MDMAlliance said:

The fuck did I just read

There's nothing wrong with what I said.  I've played Halo before.  It's not a game that looks like a masterpiece, but it does offer a lot of fun.  There are many games that are just amazing and do not even break 1m.

Its not that I disagree with you or anything, hell I might not even but its completely irrelevant in this topic...

Shinobi-san said:

Stealth has one definition. There is no need for confusion. Sneak up behind a guy and kill him without anyone seeing -> stealth. Its that simple. For the majority of AC games and for the majority of missions in the main campaign or side missions you can do this.

And i didnt you say you suck at AC2...but you did say only 20% of the game is stealth you also said you find urself running away from gaurds all the time...which did not happen to me. So i assumed you just didnt get the stealth right it can be pretty tough at times as you are also fighting against a weak AI system.

And yeah you have changed the title but its even more flamey and provocative. Your points again do not apply to AC1 and 2 as they are very different.

My halo example is perfectly valid.

I think we've played different games...but I'm not going to torture myself by playing through AC2 or AC1. It doesn't matter anyway; I didn't have a problem with stealth (or the lack of stealth). That was really a side-bar comment.

Do you agree that the combat and platforming/freerunning (which make up the bulk of the game) are incredibly easy/shallow/boring in Assassin's Creed II?

Aldro said:
MDMAlliance said:
Aldro said:
MDMAlliance said:

The fuck did I just read

Its not that I disagree with you or anything, hell I might not even but its completely irrelevant in this topic...

Oh, it's on topic to those bringing up Halo and vaguely related to the topic of things that are overrated.

badgenome said:
I disagree. You didn't even mention the limpdick conspiracy storyline or completely unacceptable amount of bugs and glitches. Those are the real reasons it's such a shit IP.

Forgot to mention the screen tearing when you ride on the horse.  I've only watched others play the game but I couldn't really bare watching the screen when a friend got on a horse and rode around (AC1 or 2 not sure).  He was like look at these bad ass graphics and I was like what is going on with the screen?  He was fine with it because the environments were so huge and beautiful!