By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed 1-2 are two of the worst games ever created

Is Assassin's Creed overrated?`

Yes 130 34.95%

No 240 64.52%

Total:370
Runa216 said:

Yeah, I think we're done here. 

peace

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
Runa216 said:

Yeah, I think we're done here.  Pretty much everything you just said defending the game you like can be easily applied to the game you're saying is the worst ever.  If you can't see the hypocrisy and the blatant absense of objectivity here, there's nothing more I can do for you.  

Whats worse is that he is making these comments on the IP as a whole not just AC2. But clearly hasnt played the rest of the games in the series.

Fair enough. I've changed the title, though I doubt Brotherhood/Revelations/3 will change my opinion of the franchise.

Jay520 said:
Shinobi-san said:

Majority of Ass Cracks 2 can be played using stealth its just really difficult. The AI is also shitty so that makes it even harder (not the correct type of challenge but a challenge non the less). So not sure where you got the 20% from.

And brotherhood (easily the best gameplay in the series so far) can be played entirely using stealth. I have done this. So don't argue :)

Also the combat in brotherhood was a HUGE step up compared to 2 it felt very similar to the batman games. U should see the leaderboards for the combat challenges insane stuff happening there.

To be honest jay this just seems like a flame thread. You dont really seem to know the game or you just dont like it. But most of your points are completely wrong.

Most of AC2 killings involved you killing some dude (oftentimes in front of dozens of guards), thus preventing any stealth from being possible. Nearly every single person I've killed resulted in being chased by like fifteen guards. I admit, I don't remember much of Assassin's Creed 2, because I was half-sleep, but I rarely remember oppurtunities to kill someone and escape while being undetected.

I'm not going to risk Brotherhood. WHen I told my friends how much I hated the few minutes I plated AC1, they all told me, "Dude, AC2 is so much better, you gotta play it!" My friends and improved reviews all convinced me to try the game out. Unfortunately, when I played it, it was just as boring as AC1. I was fooled twice already; I won't be made a fool a third time. 

Flame thread? maybe...depends on your definition of a flame thread. I'm expressing my discontent of a game using what I think is well-supporting reasoning. If that's a flame thread, then so be it.

thats how it was for AC too which was really a huge turn off for me. I loved the concept and was excited for the game to release. however it did not deliver

RolStoppable said:
DaRev said:
Wait hold up - I did a similar thread asking essentially if Halo was an overrated franchise, and my thread got locked and moderated to hell. So how does yours remain open? What's your secret?

He is talking smack about a multiplatform game, so there aren't any crazily devoted fans who could be up in arms. A 360 owner insisting that AC is fantastic would at the same time say that a PS3 series is great and the same applies vice versa, that's why it's not going to get out of control.

yeah those dam crazy Halo fans got some power on this site, tust me!

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

I disagree, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I still maintain that Fable is the shittiest game ever created. People will fight me on that but I couldn't care less.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Well, I for one will not even consider getting it before its price has dropped significantly. Its gameplay looks incredible shallow. Kinda like a simplified version of the Prince of Persia games from last gen and those games were already too shallow for my liking.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy it all. You once told me you would never buy a third-party game because they treat you like a second-class gamer (or something like that). If you're going to break one of your life rules, don't do so because of this game, PLEASE

Jay520 said:
Shinobi-san said:

Majority of Ass Cracks 2 can be played using stealth its just really difficult. The AI is also shitty so that makes it even harder (not the correct type of challenge but a challenge non the less). So not sure where you got the 20% from.

And brotherhood (easily the best gameplay in the series so far) can be played entirely using stealth. I have done this. So don't argue :)

Also the combat in brotherhood was a HUGE step up compared to 2 it felt very similar to the batman games. U should see the leaderboards for the combat challenges insane stuff happening there.

To be honest jay this just seems like a flame thread. You dont really seem to know the game or you just dont like it. But most of your points are completely wrong.

Most of AC2 killings involved you killing some dude (oftentimes in front of dozens of guards), thus preventing any stealth from being possible. Nearly every single person I've killed resulted in being chased by like fifteen guards. I admit, I don't remember much of Assassin's Creed 2, because I was half-sleep, but I rarely remember oppurtunities to kill someone and escape while being undetected.

I'm not going to risk Brotherhood. WHen I told my friends how much I hated the few minutes I plated AC1, they all told me, "Dude, AC2 is so much better, you gotta play it!" My friends and improved reviews all convinced me to try the game out. Unfortunately, when I played it, it was just as boring as AC1. I was fooled twice already; I won't be made a fool a third time. 

Flame thread? maybe...depends on your definition of a flame thread. I'm expressing my discontent of a game using what I think is well-supporting reasoning. If that's a flame thread, then so be it.

I still dont get what you saying. You have a problem with killing the main target and then running away? The stealth part usually comes before you kill the main guy or as you are trying to kill him. Also some missions are simply not designed for stealth either so you cant expect stealth in certain situations. This is an action adventure game NOT a pure stealth game. The way you play is up to you. I have played most of AC2 and Brotherhood using stealh the game isnt satisfactory for me if i dont play it like this.

And i was not trying to convince you to play brotherhood. You should never play another AC game ever if you sucked at 2 or didnt like it.

And yeah i say this is a flame thread because all of your points are baseless. You also made the argument against the IP as a whole when you only played 1 out of the 5 games? And each game mixes up core gameplay elements by quite a bit. So you simply cant have the knowledge to make the statements you are making. Its like a guy plays Halo ODST then goes on to say the entire IP is overated. Total bullshit man and you should know this.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Halo obviously is one of the more overrated series in existence. Not saying the game sucks, but that the game isn't so amazing that it deserves millions upon millions of people playing it and praising it. There's not really much to warrant it an exceptional game.
This is how it always is, though. This happens with TV shows, music, movies, etc.

Shinobi-san said:

I still dont get what you saying. You have a problem with killing the main target and then running away? The stealth part usually comes before you kill the main guy or as you are trying to kill him. Also some missions are simply not designed for stealth either so you cant expect stealth in certain situations. This is an action adventure game NOT a pure stealth game. The way you play is up to you. I have played most of AC2 and Brotherhood using stealh the game isnt satisfactory for me if i dont play it like this.

And i was not trying to convince you to play brotherhood. You should never play another AC game ever if you sucked at 2 or didnt like it.

And yeah i say this is a flame thread because all of your points are baseless. You also made the argument against the IP as a whole when you only played 1 out of the 5 games? And each game mixes up core gameplay elements by quite a bit. So you simply cant have the knowledge to make the statements you are making. Its like a guy plays Halo ODST then goes on to say the entire IP is overated. Total bullshit man and you should know this.

We have different definitions of stealth then. I don't consider any mission that consists of running from dozens of guards as stealth. 

Also, I never used the lack of stealth as a reason for why the game is bad. I was just replying to someone who said AC2 was a stealth game.

And I didn't suck at AC2; the game is too easy for anyone to suck at it.

I've changed the title to only discuss AC1-2. 

Also, you're Halo example doesn't make sense. ODST isn't comparable to the entire Halo franchise, at least not as much as AC2 is comparable to the Assassin's Creed franchise. But I've changed the title nonetheless.

Tell me another game that lets you visit some of the most famous tourist sights of Renaissance Italy. Firenze, Venice? Tell me another game that tries to wrap a story around History? Assassin's Creed is simply brilliant... Its the one open world game that I find not boring and that can truly tell a thrilling story.