By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed 1-2 are two of the worst games ever created

Is Assassin's Creed overrated?`

Yes 130 34.95%

No 240 64.52%

Total:370
Jay520 said:
Shinobi-san said:

Stealth has one definition. There is no need for confusion. Sneak up behind a guy and kill him without anyone seeing -> stealth. Its that simple. For the majority of AC games and for the majority of missions in the main campaign or side missions you can do this.

And i didnt you say you suck at AC2...but you did say only 20% of the game is stealth you also said you find urself running away from gaurds all the time...which did not happen to me. So i assumed you just didnt get the stealth right it can be pretty tough at times as you are also fighting against a weak AI system.

And yeah you have changed the title but its even more flamey and provocative. Your points again do not apply to AC1 and 2 as they are very different.

My halo example is perfectly valid.

I think we've played different games...but I'm not going to torture myself by playing through AC2 or AC1. It doesn't matter anyway; I didn't have a problem with stealth (or the lack of stealth). That was really a side-bar comment.

Do you agree that the combat and platforming/freerunning (which make up the bulk of the game) are incredibly easy/shallow/boring in Assassin's Creed II?

Bro dont play AC3 then :P. Its even simpler to platform/free run. You know how you had to use R1 + x to climb? Connor does everything with r1 alone now xD Half the time I dont even know the route im climbing, but hes just going so im okay with it

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
Aldro said:
MDMAlliance said:
Aldro said:
MDMAlliance said:
Halo obviously is one of the more overrated series in existence. Not saying the game sucks, but that the game isn't so amazing that it deserves millions upon millions of people playing it and praising it. There's not really much to warrant it an exceptional game.
This is how it always is, though. This happens with TV shows, music, movies, etc.

The fuck did I just read

There's nothing wrong with what I said.  I've played Halo before.  It's not a game that looks like a masterpiece, but it does offer a lot of fun.  There are many games that are just amazing and do not even break 1m.

Its not that I disagree with you or anything, hell I might not even but its completely irrelevant in this topic...

Oh, it's on topic to those bringing up Halo and vaguely related to the topic of things that are overrated.

I see okay :|

Assassins Creeds gameplay is responsible for the standard set in in the Batman Arkham franchise. I rest my case. The game fails to rise above its own past merits and certain parts of the story,  but again, it also sets standards.

Aldro said:

Bro dont play AC3 then :P. Its even simpler to platform/free run. You know how you had to use R1 + x to climb? Connor does everything with r1 alone now xD Half the time I dont even know the route im climbing, but hes just going so im okay with it

That's truly a shame

sethnintendo said:
badgenome said:
I disagree. You didn't even mention the limpdick conspiracy storyline or completely unacceptable amount of bugs and glitches. Those are the real reasons it's such a shit IP.

Forgot to mention the screen tearing when you ride on the horse.  I've only watched others play the game but I couldn't really bare watching the screen when a friend got on a horse and rode around (AC1 or 2 not sure).  He was like look at these bad ass graphics and I was like what is going on with the screen?  He was fine with it because the environments were so huge and beautiful!

If bugs and glitches makes a game shitty then Gears of War is pretty bad. I've fallen through the map in GeoW and AC... its kinda annoying but I get over it pretty quickly. I mean it happened to me on the train in The Walking Dead too... But yes, when a game has such repetitiveness as AC and dull gameplay bugs and glitches will make the experience that much more annoying.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Shinobi-san said:

Stealth has one definition. There is no need for confusion. Sneak up behind a guy and kill him without anyone seeing -> stealth. Its that simple. For the majority of AC games and for the majority of missions in the main campaign or side missions you can do this.

And i didnt you say you suck at AC2...but you did say only 20% of the game is stealth you also said you find urself running away from gaurds all the time...which did not happen to me. So i assumed you just didnt get the stealth right it can be pretty tough at times as you are also fighting against a weak AI system.

And yeah you have changed the title but its even more flamey and provocative. Your points again do not apply to AC1 and 2 as they are very different.

My halo example is perfectly valid.

I think we've played different games...but I'm not going to torture myself by playing through AC2 or AC1. It doesn't matter anyway; I didn't have a problem with stealth (or the lack of stealth). That was really a side-bar comment.

Do you agree that the combat and platforming/freerunning (which make up the bulk of the game) are incredibly easy/shallow/boring in Assassin's Creed II?

The bulk of the game is killing people. Which is a mix of open combat/stealth killing/platforming/climbing/freerunning...which are not incredibly easy, shallow, or boring.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Not a bad IP but certainly overrated in my opinion. The "platforming" is a lot of fun at first but gets old very fast. Some of the missions and assassinations are pretty cool but the side missions get repetitive. I don't mind the combat even though it is easy. What bothers me most is that people praise the graphics. They are bad, average at best, be serious this is supposed to be a AAA IP and it clearly does not look like one.

I agree with some points.
I despise the platforming, because it's not the trap-heavy, mind-bending type of parkour-like platforming in the Prince of Persia series I love so much (Sands of Time, Two Thrones, Forgotten Sands [Wii version - superior to all others]).
I dislike how assassinating has become less of a thing. In the first game, pretty much all you do is related to your next kill, which is great because it has focus. Later games... no. It becomes much more of an assassin training and management sim after the second game.

However, the world design, plot, and combat are pretty good by my standards. A very original, entertaining concept even when the gameplay doesn't astound me. Multiplayer is unique and intense, and puts all the focus on assassinating, which is awesome.

So I'd probably give each main entry in the series somewhere in the 7.5-9 range. 9 for ACII, even though it didn't have multiplayer, and 7.5 to Revelations, because I wasn't in love with the evolution of single-player.

For the record, I have two friends who love the series and insist that I visit them and play each game to death. I repay them by making it so they don't miss out on the latest and greatest games on Nintendo platforms. Kingdom Hearts 3D was a hit with them quite recently.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

mtu9356 said:
What bothers me most is that people praise the graphics. They are bad, average at best, be serious this is supposed to be a AAA IP and it clearly does not look like one.

THIS.

Seriously, on PC I can confirm that it looks stunning. But on consoles, mother of fucking god it does NOT look good. Havent bothered truly saying it even, but really...

Wagram said:
I disagree, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I still maintain that Fable is the shittiest game ever created. People will fight me on that but I couldn't care less.

I totally agree, regarding Fable.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.