By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition Looked Set To Be "Simplified"

Tagged games:

mantlepiecek said:
PullusPardus said:
Harada is awesome, Haters should hate elsewhere, he wanted an optional simplified control scheme (im sure he meant using touch screen on the controller) , but nintendo wanted a normal tekken , so he gave them that and he told that to the public, don't hate on the guy, he's been one of the best developers out there, and he always listens to what people want.

Only voice of reason in the entire thread (probably).

If a person is as honest as that guy he doesn't deserve any hate really. LOL at some people calling the entire 3rd party industry names because of this little "incident".

On the contrary, i'm rather bothered by the people trying to downplay this. If he was honest, then that makes this all the worse, because that means that, at least Bandai-namco is laboring under the assumption that Nintendo players need the games and devs to use kid gloves when dealing with them. Which is a horrible, horrible thing.

As i said, devs are either trolling or misinformed, and if they take this misinformation to heart as an honest fact, all the scarier.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
mantlepiecek said:
PullusPardus said:
Harada is awesome, Haters should hate elsewhere, he wanted an optional simplified control scheme (im sure he meant using touch screen on the controller) , but nintendo wanted a normal tekken , so he gave them that and he told that to the public, don't hate on the guy, he's been one of the best developers out there, and he always listens to what people want.

If a person is as honest as that guy he doesn't deserve any hate really. LOL at some people calling the entire 3rd party industry names because of this little "incident".

On the contrary, i'm rather bothered by the people trying to downplay this. If he was honest, then that makes this all the worse, because that means that, at least Bandai-namco is laboring under the assumption that Nintendo players need the games and devs to use kid gloves when dealing with them. Which is a horrible, horrible thing.

As i said, devs are either trolling or misinformed, and if they take this misinformation to heart as an honest fact, all the scarier.

It maybe scary, but it is probably the truth. He is probably not the first person to have thought nintendo = kids, so really at least he was honest.

What he did in the end is a product that you would actually want, right? I cringe when some people are actually crediting nintendo for that - they just told him to not make it casualized, the guys who made it are still the same people you guys are hating.

mantlepiecek said:
Mr Khan said:
mantlepiecek said:
PullusPardus said:

It maybe scary, but it is probably the truth. He is probably not the first person to have thought nintendo = kids, so really at least he was honest.

What he did in the end is a product that you would actually want, right? I cringe when some people are actually crediting nintendo for that - they just told him to not make it casualized, the guys who made it are still the same people you guys are hating.

Right. They stood up to third party crap. That's good.

Does the child who tried to stick a fork in the electrical socket get credit for being alive when it was the parent who had to stop him?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

They got their way, at least it's marketed as a party game :P

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Mr Khan said:
mantlepiecek said:

Right. They stood up to third party crap. That's good.

Does the child who tried to stick a fork in the electrical socket get credit for being alive when it was the parent who had to stop him?

"They stood upto third party"

Seriously? Nintendo haven't worked 1% in this game, if it weren't for the stupid third party as you say it, you wouldn't have even got this game.

Oh and that comparison with the child is very very far off. It's like that analogy - I can't fly, turtles can't fly, I am a turtle.

edit : In your analogy, at least I can point out that the parents still can't claim the credit for surviving the electric socket, because they didn't. It was the child, really. At best they could try and gain some credit for saving him, if they weren't as reckless to begin with.

Around the Network
wfz said:

This "Wii U is for casuals" is a consensus that almost the entire video game industry believes (both gamers, developers, and publishers).

It's going to be extremely difficult for Nintendo, or simply impossible for them, to ever get rid of this image. The Wii U's fate is already attempting to be sealed by those who have predetermined thoughts about the system.

Simply don't expect strong third party offerings (like GTA 5), as they will most likely never be released on the system.

Nintendo knows they aim for children and I dont hate them for it. They got me as a child, my mother knew exactly what to buy me when I was a child. I didnt even have to ask her for it. Nintendo went for the casuals more than ever this gen. They came back after the core a little too late and are going after the same titles that are spoken for. Watch the new Bonus Round on Nintendo. They are talking about how Nintendo isnt Marketing the Wii U or even clearing up consumer and streamline media confusion about the Wii U is all about and probably resting on their asses because they can bait people with a limited supply like they did with the Wii. When people saw the Wii they knew what it was going to do, simplify gaming for the masses. The Wii U being sold out right now is pretty much the Ninendo core and faithful right now, but later on they will need to up the marketing for the casuals. 

wfz said:
osed125 said:

Sales of this "hardcore" games will determine the future faith of the Wii U. If Tekken Tag Tournament doesn't sell, Harada will probably go talk to Nintendo and say: "See, this complicated hardcore games don't sell on the casual Nintendo console" and thus the chain reaction begins and third party games won't be made.

That is discounting the fact that it released months earlier on other platforms and completely bombed on them.

But you're absolutely right, it will be used as fuel to down-play the Wii U in the future.

Lol it did not conpletely bomb namco has sales increase year over year as a whole and tekken was their top selling game
 for the quarter.

Mad55 said:
wfz said:
osed125 said:

Sales of this "hardcore" games will determine the future faith of the Wii U. If Tekken Tag Tournament doesn't sell, Harada will probably go talk to Nintendo and say: "See, this complicated hardcore games don't sell on the casual Nintendo console" and thus the chain reaction begins and third party games won't be made.

That is discounting the fact that it released months earlier on other platforms and completely bombed on them.

But you're absolutely right, it will be used as fuel to down-play the Wii U in the future.

Lol it did not conpletely bomb namco has sales increase year over year as a whole and tekken was their top selling game
 for the quarter.

It's under 500k worldwide with combined 360/PS3 sales. That's not exactly setting the world on fire.

Darc Requiem said:
Mad55 said:
wfz said:
osed125 said:

for the quarter.

It's under 500k worldwide with combined 360/PS3 sales. That's no exactly setting the world on fire.

Namco had it at 850,000 not counting north america only for Japan and Europe. its likely over a million sold. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/02/namco-bandai-profits-grow-tekken-tag-tournament-2-sales-strong/

Mad55 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Mad55 said:
wfz said:
osed125 said:

for the quarter.

It's under 500k worldwide with combined 360/PS3 sales. That's no exactly setting the world on fire.

Namco had it at 850,000 not counting north america only for Japan and Europe. its likely over a million sold. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/02/namco-bandai-profits-grow-tekken-tag-tournament-2-sales-strong/

My comment was for NA only (I forgot to clarify), and the game really did bomb compared to recent competition this generation, and even previous Tekken titles. The franchise (and the fighting genre as a whole) has really taken a dive. Hopefully the new gen can pick things back up.