By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition Looked Set To Be "Simplified"

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
wfz said:

This "Wii U is for casuals" is a consensus that almost the entire video game industry believes (both gamers, developers, and publishers).

It's going to be extremely difficult for Nintendo, or simply impossible for them, to ever get rid of this image. The Wii U's fate is already attempting to be sealed by those who have predetermined thoughts about the system.

Simply don't expect strong third party offerings (like GTA 5), as they will most likely never be released on the system.

Will this lead to another "blargh" edit?

Nah, this is pretty much general industry knowledge at this rate.

Still frustrating.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
wfz said:

Still frustrating.

Yeah, it is. And yeah, it's frustrating.

The writing is already on the wall at this point and everyone should be able to see it. Numerous upcoming PS3/360 games aren't going to come to the Wii U.

BLARGH

Still, fuck 'em. We've got Monster Hunter Tri Unlimited, which should tide me over for most of next year (that and Fire Emblem).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say never say never.  I don't see how this article is cause to complain.  If anything, I think it's a good sign that Nintendo is trying to convince third parties to take WiiU seriously and not just "casualize" it.  Granted it will be a tough challenge, but I think Nintendo can pull it off this time.

Sales of this "hardcore" games will determine the future faith of the Wii U. If Tekken Tag Tournament doesn't sell, Harada will probably go talk to Nintendo and say: "See, this complicated hardcore games don't sell on the casual Nintendo console" and thus the chain reaction begins and third party games won't be made.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Wow what a joke. These 3rd parties really have no fucking clue.

Around the Network
JTurner82 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say never say never.  I don't see how this article is cause to complain.  If anything, I think it's a good sign that Nintendo is trying to convince third parties to take WiiU seriously and not just "casualize" it.  Granted it will be a tough challenge, but I think Nintendo can pull it off this time.

You're gonna lose alot of limbs that way. I think we'll just have to see what Nintendo considers most important: Profit or fan loyalty. I think the Wii handled it self pretty well but there was just too much shovelware/kiddy stuff, which in turn did bring in the money.

Obviously they can do both, especially with titles like Mario, The legend of Zelda, metroid, etc well established franchises that will appeal to long time fans, but will we see more new IP/games like Xenoblade chronicles, the conduit, Monster Hunter that are targeted to full-time gamers(Basic criteria: Long games, online component)? We shall see. Either way, I don't want a tablet in my gaming console, so I'm passing UNLESS a massive online Pokemon adventure game or Super Mario RPG sequel (NOT PAPER MARIO) comes out.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
wfz said:

Still frustrating.

The writing is already on the wall at this point and everyone should be able to see it. Numerous upcoming PS3/360 games aren't going to come to the Wii U.

BLARGH

Still, fuck 'em. We've got Monster Hunter Tri Unlimited, which should tide me over for most of next year (that and Fire Emblem).

You see I guess thats the thing, you spent the entire thread shitting on 3rd parties but end on a note about playing Monster Hunter Tri Unlimited.

No different than Obama bashing wallstreet fat cats, then goes to NY and has an expensive fundraiser featuring those very clients.

osed125 said:

Sales of this "hardcore" games will determine the future faith of the Wii U. If Tekken Tag Tournament doesn't sell, Harada will probably go talk to Nintendo and say: "See, this complicated hardcore games don't sell on the casual Nintendo console" and thus the chain reaction begins and third party games won't be made.

That is discounting the fact that it released months earlier on other platforms and completely bombed on them.

But you're absolutely right, it will be used as fuel to down-play the Wii U in the future.

PullusPardus said:
Harada is awesome, Haters should hate elsewhere, he wanted an optional simplified control scheme (im sure he meant using touch screen on the controller) , but nintendo wanted a normal tekken , so he gave them that and he told that to the public, don't hate on the guy, he's been one of the best developers out there, and he always listens to what people want.

Only voice of reason in the entire thread (probably).

If a person is as honest as that guy he doesn't deserve any hate really. LOL at some people calling the entire 3rd party industry names because of this little "incident".

Train wreck said:
Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
wfz said:

Still frustrating.

BLARGH

You see I guess thats the thing, you spent the entire thread shitting on 3rd parties but end on a note about playing Monster Hunter Tri Unlimited.

No different than Obama bashing wallstreet fat cats, then goes to NY and has an expensive fundraiser featuring those very clients.

Really not as hypocritical as you think. I spend the thread bashing third parties who treat Nintendo audiences like they're second-class citizens, and then demonstrate how i'm willing to buy and spend a lot of time playing a third party game that doesn't do that.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.