By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Kresnik said:
lestatdark said:

Battle Arena Toshiden 3? 

Wow man, you're good! :D

Toshiden was one of my favourite series on the PSX . My favourite was 2, Vermillion was so amazing there

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

So my 46 was Chinatown Wars. 45 is a big selling game, but not on this system. It recently had a sequel released as well.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

DieAppleDie said:
Sega rally

Is that your next game? You're not supposed to give it up so easily! :p

lestatdark said:

Toshiden was one of my favourite series on the PSX . My favourite was 2, Vermillion was so amazing there

That's awesome, I've never really met anyone who even played the series, let alone liked it :P

It's one of my favourite series too, although less so the fourth one, that was a bit of a mess.  

And yeah, Vermillion is awesome in all the Toshinden's he's in :)

Kresnik said:
lestatdark said:

That's awesome, I've never really met anyone who even played the series, let alone liked it :P

It's one of my favourite series too, although less so the fourth one, that was a bit of a mess.  

And yeah, Vermillion is awesome in all the Toshinden's he's in :)

I was the only one in my group of friends that liked to play it, so I ended up only playing against the CPU all the time XD. 

If I remember correctly, Toshiden 3 changed Vermillion a bit, with his reloading times being that much longer. Nothing that wasn't countered with good preparation (like reloading when the opponent was on the ground) though, because he was also a beast there. 

Had some pretty fun and epic battles with Vermillion against Uranus and Sho. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

47. The Last Story, Wii (2012) XSeed (US Distribution) Nintendo/Mistwalker (New)

One of the vaunted Project Rainfall games, it turned out being inferior to Xenoblade (which will feature a bit further up this list), but it was a standout game nonetheless, mostly by having a pulse-pounding battle system that was fast-paced, actiony, chaotic, yet also tactically sound. It also had some very interesting boss scenarios (as well as one very aggravating one) that often required you to do different things, keeping the game fresh throughout. The game suffered from being a bit on the short side, but it was also a breath of fresh air in the JRPG genre, and should get more credit and attention than it has for its accomplishments

Number 46 features a band of animals in their quest to defeat a crazy monkey.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Conegamer said:
So my 46 was Chinatown Wars. 45 is a big selling game, but not on this system. It recently had a sequel released as well.

Did you move to Australia or something? 'Cause I'm pretty sure it's still the 15th in the UK.

Signature goes here!

#47: Rock Band 3 (2010)
Last Year: 43

One of the best new gaming fads to come out the last 10 years was the guitar/band games. Guitar Hero started it off, and Rock Band followed quickly after... and after many iterations and constant improvements to the gameplay system, there was no where else for the genre to go (or grow). The genre seemed to fizzle out as quickly as it exploded on the scene... but not before leaving the best entry in the genre: Rock Band 3. With Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboard, and Vocals, the game gave the full band experience, and it's ever growing setlist (which is still supported today) provided a plethora of great songs to play. There's little out there in the gaming world quite like rocking out to one of your favorite songs, seeing your avatar on the screen rocking out with the best of them. It really makes you appreciate the song more than you thought you could, and that's a great feeling. Playing with friends and family is a great experience as well. The genre might have been snuffed out like a candle in the wind, but it left this world with a generation of rockers. So lift your goblet of rock and salute!

47. Star Fox (SNES)

The black screen above represents my sorrow over both the demise of a wonderful IP and the defilement of its corpse by hordes of demented furries to the point that it is probably nigh on impossible to find a cool screenshot of it without wading through a veritable endless wetland of eyerape. Star Fox was Nintendo's very first game to use 3D graphics, and it was literally unbelievable to play such a spectacle on the SNES way back in 1993. Everything about this game is just so goddamned daring and heroic, and almost 20 years later, the soundtrack remains one of the most stirring I've ever heard. Star Fox ignited in me a lifelong love for on-rails shooters. Alas, like everything that isn't Mario or Zelda, Nintendo masterfully ruined the franchise and tossed it aside because they are stupid hacks.

badgenome said:

47. Star Fox (SNES)

The black screen above represents my sorrow over both the demise of a wonderful IP and the defilement of its corpse by hordes of demented furries to the point that it is probably nigh on impossible to find a cool screenshot of it without wading through a veritable endless wetland of eyerape. Star Fox was Nintendo's very first game to use 3D graphics, and it was literally unbelievable to play such a spectacle on the SNES way back in 1993. Everything about this game is just so goddamned daring and heroic, and almost 20 years later, the soundtrack remains one of the most stirring I've ever heard. Star Fox ignited in me a lifelong love for on-rails shooters. Alas, like everything that isn't Mario or Zelda, Nintendo masterfully ruined the franchise and tossed it aside because they are stupid hacks.

Hey badgenome, have you tried out Star Fox Command? If you like the original game and Star Fox 64, you might like Command. It's not on rails, but it's pretty good!