By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

@ Badgenome boo!

To add my games that were eliminated from last year, they are: Phantasy Star Online Episode III (GC, 2004, Sega/Sonic Team), NiGHTS 2 (Wii, 2007, Sega/Sonic Team), Wrecking Crew (NES, 1985, Nintendo), Toe Jam & Earl (Genesis, 1992, Sega/JVP), and Mario Kart DS (DS, 2005, Nintendo)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
green_sky said:

Ninja Gaiden on original xbox is my first entry. Possibly the best looking game on original xbox, tough as nails and played oh so well. 

Great game. Plays like a dream. It just missed my top 50. Sitting pretty at 59.

Close enough

BasilZero said:
Mr Khan said:

@ Badgenome boo!

To add my games that were eliminated from last year, they are: Phantasy Star Online Episode III (GC, 2004, Sega/Sonic Team), NiGHTS 2 (Wii, 2007, Sega/Sonic Team), Wrecking Crew (NES, 1985, Nintendo), Toe Jam & Earl (Genesis, 1992, Sega/JVP), and Mario Kart DS (DS, 2005, Nintendo)

Mario Kart DS dropped :O?

Let me guess...Mario Kart 7 replaced it ;O?

No, actually. Mario Kart 7 is close to inclusion (a better game than DS simply due to lack of snaking), but at the same time Kart 7 is just comfort food. Kid Icarus was fresh and content-jammed, so it got on at number 50. Kart 7 is down there with DS and the other games that i booted.

#50 - Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)

Racing through a crumbling city in all manner of death vehicles genuinely makes a fantastic racing game.  An almost cinematic-experience in places, filled to the brim with content.  The intergration of burnout-style boost and car combat mechanics just adds to the enjoyment.

Clue for my #49 - Another PS3 exclusive, and the only 2012 game on my list 

My favourite game is either minecraft or grand theft auto san andreas but i could never my 50th favourite game lol

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Wait what...Apocalypse? I never heard of this version O__O.

Sony marketing.

BasilZero said:

Hardly anyone did, unfortunately.  It was due to release during March 2011 which was the same time as the Japanese earthquake & tsunami and due to questionably similar themes (crumbling city), got delayed and delayed until it stealth released a while later.  Great game.

edit: What Badgenome said was a problem too, but I think the earthquake hurt it more than anything.

Kresnik said:
BasilZero said:

Hardly anyone did, unfortunately.  It was due to release during March 2011 which was the same time as the Japanese earthquake & tsunami and due to questionably similar themes (crumbling city), got delayed and delayed until it stealth released a while later.  Great game.

edit: What Badgenome said was a problem too, but I think the earthquake hurt it more than anything.

That and what felt like sequel fatigue. Are other Motorstorm games higher up your list?

My no. 50:

50. Age of Empires III (& Expansions) (PC)

Third game in the Age of Empires series of RTS games (fourth if you include Age of Mythology). This one added some new gameplay ideas such as adding mecenaries, fixed trade routes and a levelling home city. Some of these ideas can be seen in the F2P Age of Empires Online. 

Clue for no. 49: Started life as a Half-Life mod.

Hmmm... that's probably made it too easy.

Kresnik said:

#50 - Motorstorm Apocalypse

Racing through a crumbling city in all manner of death vehicles genuinely makes a fantastic racing experience.  An almost cinematic-experience in places, filled to the brim with content.  The intergration of burnout-style boost and car combat mechanics just adds to the experience.

Clue for my #49 - Another PS3 exclusive, and the only 2012 game on my list 

Good choice, only recently got a chance to play the full game and it's fantastic.

No. 49... Journey?