By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii has a fantastic 3rd party game library

DieAppleDie said:
Torillian
The problem is that 99% of those gamers dont even know those games exist

for ex
a friend of mine thats a PC PS3 gamer came to my house and saw me play the Conduit and hes words were
"i didnt know games like these were available on the Wii, its pretty cool"

i think most people is talking ignorantly

I think you're missing the amount of effort developers put into a number of the games you listed. Take the Call of Duty games for instance, often they were made late, sometimes skipped altogether or in the case of CoD3 were horribly buggy and laggy. Others had poorly implemented controls or were spin offs of mainstream titles released on the HD consoles/PC (e.g. Dead Space).

Even in your example of Conduit, the game was average for a FPS this gen with horrible difficulty spikes, made by a fairly inexperienced developer who took a chance with an attempt at a core title. If you look at the amount of investment developers and publishers have actually put into the Wii it pales in comparison to the investment on the HD consoles and on PC. It also pales in comparison to the effort developers put into PS2 last gen where it got virtually every third-party game and for many the lead platform was PS2.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
this is a funny thread, got people listing 1st party games as 3rd party ones, another guy doesnt know a series went multiplat a while ago. ANd some who have clearly poor taste. None of those COD games should be categorized as anything but mediocore or poor IMHO. COD3 didnt even have multiplayer

Put over 600 hours combined on WaW and BO for the Wii.  They might be easy to diss when compared to the HD consoles but they were near the top FPS for the Wii. The Wiimote+nunchuck controls in WaW and BO handled better than Goldeneye 007 (Wii) even with extra custom control tweaking (they should have just copied the controls directly from WaW).  Talk shit about them all you want but there are a few people that thought they were good.  I gave them both mid to high 80s score.

Seth, WTF?!?!?
are you afraid of their response???!!
its the same fucking game as in the HD consoles, it actually has more inmersive and realistic controls, dont listen to them, make your own and post it with CAPS if necessary, with no shame!!!!

curl-6 said:
bananaking21 said:
compare it to that of the 360 and ps3.... yeah doesnt look so good after you do that right?

True, but the PS3's and 360's first party games fall far short of the Wii's, so  it kinda balances out.

Nah, not really. Not even close actually

DieAppleDie said:
Seth, WTF?!?!?
are you afraid of their response???!!
its the same fucking game as in the HD consoles, it actually has more inmersive and realistic controls, dont listen to them, make your own and post it with CAPS if necessary, with no shame!!!!

even when dismissing graphics and controls, it was not the same game.

This should help: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_of_Call_of_Duty_games_on_the_Wii

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
bananaking21 said:
compare it to that of the 360 and ps3.... yeah doesnt look so good after you do that right?

True, but the PS3's and 360's first party games fall far short of the Wii's, so  it kinda balances out.

Yeah, nintendo first party does not even match microsoft's offers for me. They have virtually no good games. They have xenoblade, which is excellent but that's about it. I haven't tried zelda yet, it might be of some interest.

runqvist said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
bananaking21 said:

Yeah, nintendo first party does not even match microsoft's offers for me. They have virtually no good games. They have xenoblade, which is excellent but that's about it. I haven't tried zelda yet, it might be of some interest.

Sony probably more creates new IPs and varied games in 3 years than Nintendo does in a decade

Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
bananaking21 said:

See my post here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4876493

For a Microsoft comparison, I haven't played Halo 4 yet, but that aside only Forza 3 & 4 approach the tier of games like Mario Galaxy.

curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
bananaking21 said:

For a Microsoft comparison, I haven't played Halo 4 yet, but that aside only Forza 3 & 4 approach the tier of games like Mario Galaxy.

So you were only going by your opinion ?

Wii having best 1st party is an opinion. It's having the weakest 3rd party is a fact

Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
bananaking21 said:

So you were only going by your opinion ?

Wii having best 1st party is an opinion. It's having the weakest 3rd party is a fact

There are no facts when it comes to game quality, everything is an opinion.