By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii has a fantastic 3rd party game library

DieAppleDie said:
So are you implying that im wrong and that the games i like more are actually the worst?
You cant compare Wii with PS360, they dont have the same power level (9000?)

Compared to the previous gen, including the PS2, this is a fantastic lineup, and i have excluded/ forgotten many games that many people would find intrresting

You can't be objectively wrong with an opinion, but you can be someone who has an opinion far outside of the norm, and if so you can't really use that odd opinion as proof that the Wii's lineup was comparable to the PS2, because 99% of the gaming population disagrees with your assessment which is about as close as you can get to being objectively wrong with an opinion.  

It's really not, by no reasonable measure I can think of.  The sheer number of 3rd party games on PS2 would blow the Wii out of the water, and if you start taking in some amount of quality into the matter it's only going to get worse.  

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
Jay
No i was not, but its a matter of tastes, i would take Arc rise over FFX anyday, same with NMH2 over GoW

We're not talking about individual games. We're talking about entire libraries.

DieAppleDie said:
So are you implying that im wrong and that the games i like more are actually the worst?
You cant compare Wii with PS360, they dont have the same power level (9000?)

Compared to the previous gen, including the PS2, this is a fantastic lineup, and i have excluded/ forgotten many games that many people would find intrresting

Arc Rise Fantasia is a middling JRPG.  FFXIII isn't all that great either.  I think Xenoblade and The Last Story are better than both.  However there's a ton of other JRPGs that came out on PS3/360 that trump Arc.   If you really love JRPGs I don't know how you can dismiss them.    It wasn't until this year Wii finally got a JRPG of note (Xenoblade) (unless you count Fire Emblem)

NMH2 is one of the best action games on Wii but considering how few were on Wii, that's not saying much.   On the HD consoles, it'd be average at best unless you just love Suda51's style over substance.   

It's great you enjoyed those games.  Personally I love Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings more than Uncharted.  Is it as good?  F--K NO!  Uncharted thrumps in it every possible way, but I just like the immersion that the motion controls give. 

I wouldn't say Wii had great (core) 3rd party support and I'd never compare it too PS2 - which is the undisputed king of support (and sales).  

I will say I love my Wii and I am sorry to see it's days are over.   For me and my particular tastes, Wii had amazing games.  If the same is true for you - great, you had the right console for you.   But don't compare Wii's core title line-up with the HD consoles.  There's simply no comparison.

DieAppleDie said:
My point is very simple Gamerace
The Wii has a good 3rd party library, people should start realizing that, its about time

You cannot prove that the Wii has good 3rd parry support if you're basing your argument on what YOU like. Every console has a few obscure gamers that loved the software. It's okay if you think the Wii had a good 3rd parry library, but you've done nothing to prove that OTHER people should accept that it has a good library.

Torillian
The problem is that 99% of those gamers dont even know those games exist

for ex
a friend of mine thats a PC PS3 gamer came to my house and saw me play the Conduit and hes words were
"i didnt know games like these were available on the Wii, its pretty cool"

i think most people is talking ignorantly

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
Torillian

for ex
a friend of mine thats a PC PS3 gamer came to my house and saw me play the Conduit and hes words were

That is an accurate statement imo but still Wii's excellent 3rd party offerings are few and far between.

The list you gave includes games that are not only bad, but absolutely unplayably broken (Alone in the Dark, Brothers in Arms).  At least you left out Far Cry.  This simply doesn't help your argument.   As I originally said, if you want to make this argument, list games people would actually want to buy and not a lot of mediocore to downright awful titles.    I'd also not include multiplats unless the Wii's controls make them superior (Godfather/RE4) or is unique and very good - excellent (Prince of Persia:Forgotten Sands/Driver: San Francisco). 

DieAppleDie said:
Torillian

for ex

The Conduit would be an average FPS on HD consoles. And given the amount of FPS games on HD consoles it would go just as unnoticed.

Same for Goldeneye 007 Reloaded btw. Average FPS on HD consoles, great game by Wii standards.

Barozi said:
DieAppleDie said:
Torillian

for ex

The Conduit would be an average FPS on HD consoles. And given the amount of FPS games on HD consoles it would go just as unnoticed.

Same for Goldeneye 007 Reloaded btw. Average FPS on HD consoles, great game by Wii standards.

That sounds exceptionally blunt out of context but it is true none the less.

Obviously a Wii upport wont shine much on a vastly more powerful console
Thats really a unfair comparison
And by PS2 standards both are top AAA games by the way lol

Im gonna make a thread about the most overlooked Wii 3rd party games
with pics and stuff, its gonna be awesome you watch!!