By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii has a fantastic 3rd party game library

the good old Wii 3rd party list,seen a few of these over the years,we'll be moving on soon

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Jay
No i was not, but its a matter of tastes, i would take Arc rise over FFX anyday, same with NMH2 over GoW

this is a funny thread, got people listing 1st party games as 3rd party ones, another guy doesnt know a series went multiplat a while ago. ANd some who have clearly poor taste. None of those COD games should be categorized as anything but mediocore or poor IMHO. COD3 didnt even have multiplayer

I was hoping for some mature posts and just got the typical biased ignorant crap

I still think this (incomplete) lineup is an improvement over the GC that was an improvement over the N64
and the U looks like is going to improve this also

DieAppleDie said:
Jay
No i was not, but its a matter of tastes, i would take Arc rise over FFX anyday, same with NMH2 over GoW

But if you go that far then any lineup ever could qualify, I could say that I prefer PS3 to PS2 3rd party lineup because I'd take Mugen Souls over FFX, XI, and XII.  But that's honestly as close to false as you can objectively get with an opinion.  There is really no comparison between the PS2 which got almost every single third party game developed during its generation, to the Wii which got consistently snubbed on the biggest and best games.  You could prefer it, but that just makes you the far outlier for this comparison.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
DieAppleDie said:
Jay

But if you go that far then any lineup ever could qualify, I could say that I prefer PS3 to PS2 3rd party lineup because I'd take Mugen Souls over FFX, XI, and XII.  But that's honestly as close to false as you can objectively get with an opinion.  There is really no comparison between the PS2 which got almost every single third party game developed during its generation, to the Wii which got consistently snubbed on the biggest and best games.  You could prefer it, but that just makes you the far outlier for this comparison.

This.

DieAppleDie said:
Jay

I'm just not sure what you're trying to prove here.

I'm as big a Wii fan as you'll find on this site.  Although I have a 360 I vastly prefer my Wii because I prefer the type of games that are on Wii, and I prefer (good) motion controls over good visuals.  I love Wii for the quirky unique games like Dewy's Adventure, Opoona, Elebits, Zack & Wiki, Let's Tap, and Lost in Shadow. I love motion controls for games like Godfather, Pandora's Tower, Mario Kart, Fatal Frame  and Tiger Woods.  I also hate dual analog for FPS so I'm content with my Goldeneye and (watered down) CoD's.

However, there's no way Wii has better JRPGs (Xenoblade excepted) or action games than the HD consoles.  I don't even believe you prefer the Wii offerings, unless you've simply avoided the HD consoles altogether frankly.  If that's what you enjoy, Wii's offerings are just plain weak.    Those generally aren't my cup of tea, so the few good ones Wii has (when they use motion meaningfully) are good enough for me but I still enjoy some games on 360 because they are just plain better than anything on Wii.  Period. 

Regardless, you've got WiiU coming out and then you can have the best of both worlds.  Enjoy Batman Arkham City (it rocks!!) Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3, Call of Duty (non-gimped version) and the other numerous ports along with Nintendo's great 1st party titles.   But don't try to convince anyone Wii had great or even satisfactory (unless you really prefer motion/IR) 3rd party support in genre's it didn't.  Even compared to GC Wii's support in those types of games is weak.

So are you implying that im wrong and that the games i like more are actually the worst?
You cant compare Wii with PS360, they dont have the same power level (9000?)

Compared to the previous gen, including the PS2, this is a fantastic lineup, and i have excluded/ forgotten many games that many people would find intrresting

My coment above was for Torilian :p

My point is very simple Gamerace
The Wii has a good 3rd party library, people should start realizing that, its about time