By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The People have spoken - Marriage Equality wins in Maine, Maryland and Washington!

What is your opinion on Marriage Rights?

I support Full Equal Marr... 105 62.50%

I support Domestic Partne... 15 8.93%

I support only one Man an... 18 10.71%

I support one Man and many Women. 6 3.57%

I support one Woman and many Men. 4 2.38%

Domestic Partnerships for all Only. 6 3.57%

I think nobody should get married. 11 6.55%

Other (in post.) 3 1.79%

Total:168

Perfectly well and good that same sex marriage is allowed in those three states. Congrats to those states on ratifying it.

Canada has allowed it since 2005, so it only seems right that areas in the States that want to allow it should.

Around the Network

I'm not really into this matter so what type of marriage are we talking about ? Church or state ?

Barozi said:
I'm not really into this matter so what type of marriage are we talking about ? Church or state ?

State of course, i.e. the relevant one. And I don't mean that facetiously or mockingly; the legal status of a marriage is wholly derived from state marriage. And I don't think you can compel religions to permit gay marriage if they don't want to.

noname2200 said:
Barozi said:

State of course, i.e. the relevant one. And I don't mean that facetiously or mockingly; the legal status of a marriage is wholly derived from state marriage. And I don't think you can compel religions to permit gay marriage if they don't want to.

ah well then it's fine

I voted for bukake!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

A) good.

B) marriage equality act. honestly...how many different times/ways do we need to amend the constitution to state the same exact point "all of our citizens should be treated equally". if we must then i guess we must but as far as i'm concerned marriage equality is already in the constitution under 13th amendment, 15th amendment, 19th amendment.

good but slow...its over 10 years ago that I have been to my first same sex marriage..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Is this about marriage in a church or marriage in a registry office (I have no idea how the marriage procedure is in the states so excuse me if the question makes no sense. In my country there is the above mentioned seperation church and "registry office")

If its for the registry office one im totally okay with it. But If its for the church one well I dunno.

Lets say you are really into religion and you "obey" the rules then you can actually not be gay since men belong to women and being gay is against the "rules".

So you ignore a rule and then still want to marry inside a church? Makes no sense to me people need to be consistent not switch sides etc. ( You cant just accept the parts of the religion that suit your current lifestyle... and ignore the rest) Built your own type of mosque/church/synagogue ;) or "rent" a castle or some other romantic place.

And if you dont care about religion there is no way you should be able to marry inside a church anyway.

So thats what I dont understand.

There is hope for the world yet.

Glad to hear it!