By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did you ever give up on a game because it was too hard?

Dont be fooled by the cover his sword is as small as that Shuriken

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
brendude13 said:

Every Call of Duty on Veteran is ridiculously frustrating.

I remember the last level of MW3, I was raging. I gave up doing Black Ops on Veteran on the rocket level, and World at War on the Japanese island level.

Was that the one with the flamethrower? If so, I think I spent at least a week attempting that on veteran.  No idea if I accomplished it or not.

Yes, it was >.<

baten kaitos origins at the beginning of disc 2 smh that game was on some bullshit

Never. I did stop playing Ninja Gaiden Vita because of the annoying camera that kept getting me killed. I guess you can count that but I'd say it's bad design.

4 ≈ One

Yes of course. When a game gets to the point where it's frustrating hard I stop, because I have too many games to play.

Around the Network

Shadow of the Beast (near the beginning)

Terminator (genesis version)...last level was literally impossible without some knowledge that you had to look in the opposite direction to get the terminator to go past you without dying.

Zork text adventures - lot's of dying.

Myst series....I refuse to cheat...thus I refuse to finish the games.

brendude13 said:
chris212223 said:
UltimateUnknown said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
black ops on veteran. it was so frustating i was very close to ripping the disc in half.

Wow man you too. I played and finished all 3 MW games on veteran. It's not so much difficult as it is just being patient and staying under cover to pick the correct time to shoot or move on. But WaW and BO just had unreasonable difficulty on veteran. WaW in particular where with every step there are 10 grenades at your feet. Not to mention the unlimited enemy spawns.

Im with you on that one. I remember i think it was the 4th mission going against the sniper was so hard i think i finally beat that one part after like an hour and then the 5th mission was impossible with all the grenades being thrown everywhere so i gave up.

I remember the last level of MW3, I was raging. I gave up doing Black Ops on Veteran on the rocket level, and World at War on the Japanese island level.

Never had many problems with MW2, Black Ops and MW3. If anything they get easier.

Try the first Call of Duty on Veteran. No regenerating health, no medi kits. You're usually dead after getting hit 3 times in a level.
World at War is insanely hard because the enemies don't stop spamming grenades to your position. You need to constantly move to another cover spot leaving you barely any time to actually shoot at the enemy.
I heard the 3rd CoD is equally hard, though the game just isn't good enough for me to even try a Veteran run.

I've completed following CoD games on Veteran:
Call of Duty
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty MW2
Call of Duty Black Ops
Call of Duty MW3

And almost World at War (3 levels left...)

Oh man when I was a kid I was terrible at video games. PS2 was my first console and my first game on that console was probably either Prince of Persia Sands of Time or Sly Cooper (don't know which one). I sucked so bad at Prince of Persia I could never beat it but recently I got a copy of it and beat the game. What a great ending =). Still haven't beat Sly Cooper but I might buy that collection with all three games. Sly Cooper is another great game. Love the art style and I feel bad that it's overshadowed by other games. Deserves so much more attention and I hope Sly 4 does at least a million in sales.

Barozi said:
brendude13 said:
chris212223 said:
UltimateUnknown said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
black ops on veteran. it was so frustating i was very close to ripping the disc in half.

Wow man you too. I played and finished all 3 MW games on veteran. It's not so much difficult as it is just being patient and staying under cover to pick the correct time to shoot or move on. But WaW and BO just had unreasonable difficulty on veteran. WaW in particular where with every step there are 10 grenades at your feet. Not to mention the unlimited enemy spawns.

Im with you on that one. I remember i think it was the 4th mission going against the sniper was so hard i think i finally beat that one part after like an hour and then the 5th mission was impossible with all the grenades being thrown everywhere so i gave up.

Never had many problems with MW2, Black Ops and MW3. If anything they get easier.

Try the first Call of Duty on Veteran. No regenerating health, no medi kits. You're usually dead after getting hit 3 times in a level.
World at War is insanely hard because the enemies don't stop spamming grenades to your position. You need to constantly move to another cover spot leaving you barely any time to actually shoot at the enemy.
I heard the 3rd CoD is equally hard, though the game just isn't good enough for me to even try a Veteran run.

I've completed following CoD games on Veteran:
Call of Duty
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty MW2
Call of Duty Black Ops
Call of Duty MW3

And almost World at War (3 levels left...)

What's wrong with COD3...it's a popular stance to slag it off. It was pure class imo, set out to do exactly what it pulled off, over the top nonsense and fun. The audio and graphics at the time were something else compared to other games. Prolly my favourite COD of the "popcorn" ones.

For me it was just one game I played 2 years ago on my PS3 called Demon's Souls!... it was also my first RPG game which eventually gave me the crucial idea that I dislike the game and the genre as a whole.