By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did you ever give up on a game because it was too hard?

brendude13 said:
I'm currently playing Demon's Souls, don't give me ideas.

I died and got sent to the start of the first level after 15 minutes of play time, some bitch with red eyes did a one hit KO on me from full health.

Demon's Souls came close to frustrating me into quitting, but I persisted and it is now in my top 5 games of all time.  There is so much reward for overcoming the unforgiving nature of the game. It really is about learning the moves of the opponents as well as mastering your own in order to win each and every battle. I could probably breeze through the game today. Steep learning curve though.

Good luck to you.

Around the Network

Magician Lord

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

hatmoza said:
Chevinator123 said:
Cathrine, dem babel stages =/

A lot of people claim Catherine is too hard.I don't blame them one bit

I'm not very good at puzzle games usually but I forced myself to get good at Catherine because I still liked it despite how hard it was for me initially. I swear, my first playthrough was brutal. I would get stuck on levels for days or at least week regurlarly.

I'm fairly better at the game now. Slowly working on the the plat'.

I had dedicated myself to plat this game, i had my mind set and nothing was gona get in the way but half way through my hard difficulty playthrough i was doubting i could even do stage 9 so i decided to try a babel level to see if all the pain of stage 9 would be even worth doing and... i could only do the first level just barely, stage 2 seemed 100x harder and i went to see what the final stage was and after playing 10 miniutes of it and i quit right then and there with no hope what so ever of doing it

But the game is amazing tho, one of my top 10 this gen no doubt

but to any people wanting to play this game i recomend finding it cheap or renting and playthrough on easy for the amazing story then never touch it again lmao

dsgrue3 said:
brendude13 said:
I'm currently playing Demon's Souls, don't give me ideas.

I died and got sent to the start of the first level after 15 minutes of play time, some bitch with red eyes did a one hit KO on me from full health.

Demon's Souls came close to frustrating me into quitting, but I persisted and it is now in my top 5 games of all time.  There is so much reward for overcoming the unforgiving nature of the game. It really is about learning the moves of the opponents as well as mastering your own in order to win each and every battle. I could probably breeze through the game today. Steep learning curve though.

Good luck to you.

I read that message about 3 times before I died.

It didn't actually bother me though, I'm not frustrated, I won't mind playing up to that bit again.

Mine would have to be Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Demon Souls... The former, just... no!! And the latter I really wanted to enjoy but the insane difficulty made the game no fun at all!

Around the Network

In recent times, mass effect 2 on insanity.

Zelda II. Reached the last dungeon and never finished.
Played while looking all the time at a youtube walkthough.
What a shame.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nope, i think the most hard game i played was diablo 2... it was frustrating but at the end i finish it in Inferno dificulty... i never give up.

34 years playing games.

I DID NOT GIVE UP BECOZ THE GAME WAS TOO HARD BUT I WAS TOO HARD FOR THE GAME

ebw said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
No recent games, but a handful of older NES games. Games were just so much more difficult 25 years ago.

I think the most recent was Castlevania III, which I downloaded on Virtual Console. I played the same level a dozen times, memorized every move and enemy, but I still couldn't make it past the level boss.

There are definitely some paths in Castlevania III that are harder than others (I've found Sypha is the easiest to win with).  My two banes from the NES era were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the first one, before the series became all beat-em-ups) and Blaster Master.  In both cases the last levels were just too much, I couldn't even get to the boss.  Thinking back, I must not have had any Game Genie codes to give me an edge back then.

Those two games were just the ones I wanted to mention.

In TMNT, the farthest I've gone is inside the Technodrome but those guys in space suits in narrow corridors would totally destroy me.

For Blaster Master, I think I made it to Level 7 recently while replaying on the Virtual Console. I still have hope, I'll get through it one day.

Signature goes here!