By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did you ever give up on a game because it was too hard?

Yep. Devil May Cry 3 was way too hard when I was a child. I tried it hard, but it was beyond my reach at that time.

We need moar Zelda, now!

We need moar Unchartedzz!

We need less DLCs.

Around the Network

What comes to mind is quitting on Granstream Saga.

A long time ago though, getting to the final boss much too easy and carrying absolutely no items to heal myself or restore things (mana?) at a point of no return!!!
I would have had to use an older save that would make me play like half the game again.... screw that!

Ghost and Goblins for the NES can burn in a fire. Still can't beat that game.

Battletoads is another game that I never been able to beat due to the finite continues and brutal platforming/vehicle sections.

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286

I remember grindin a lot on Grandia before the final boss but I still couldn't beat him and I was so bored of the battle.

Also, Chrono Cross, I was at the final dungeon, i remember I had to kill some color guardians but I couldn't so i put off the game for a couple of months, when I returned I discovered my save file was GONE!

And the more recent dificult game I rage quit was Resonance of Fate, In another stage of my life I would still play that game, but now I don't have much time, and really don't want to spend that little time losing and dying :/

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

One word "Ikaruga".

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
mantlepiecek said:

Perfect Dark Zero - It is such a bad game, that whatever skills you have to learn to complete this game is worthless. So in a sense I did gave it up because of its difficulty, at least if the story had progressed after a while and I wasn't stuck I wouldn't have gave it up.

I did complete the final boss in star ocean : Last Hope though. Ridiculous boss which took a ridiculous time to kill, you need to use that healer girl well. There are some other strategies but I forgot.

Any game where I find an extremely difficult level, I just move on to another game for a while and come back to it after some time, usually completing it. Some good examples of that - folklore, uncharted DF, Demon's Souls, and a bunch of others I am forgetting.

Some of you people really dissapoint me. The greatest issue this gen is that games got a HELL LOT EASIER !

It's the idiotic misconception japanese developers have that we in the west don't want any short of challenge in our games.

You say that Star Ocean 4, an rpg, required a healer. Seriously, it was too tough because an rpg required a healer ?!

And folklore was a fantastic game which however was ridiculously easy.

I felt folklore was pretty difficult at the end and one other boss battle. Whereas Star Ocean 4, I was just giving the OP some tips to take out the final boss; it took me over an hour of continuous gameplay to kill that boss, because of the stupid save system.

Well, it was more of a forced abandonment back in the days of video game rentals. The game was too hard before we had to bring it back. That game was Battletoads for the NES

Monument Games, Inc.  Like us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/MonumentGames

Nintendo Netword ID: kanageddaamen

Monument Games, Inc President and Lead Designer
Featured Game: Shiftyx (Android) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.Shiftyx

Free ad supported version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.ShiftyxFree

1) Dark Souls - Didn't like it as much as Demon Souls so couldn't bring myself to infinite deaths
2) NES Games
3) Persona 1 (PSP)
4) Chrono Cross - Originally couldn't beat the seargent boss who was white colour as I didn't take time to set up colour attacks on ym characters. A few years ago I replayed and spanked him and beat the game
5) World at War: Vetern. Beat normal but gave up on 4 levels on Vetern as it was just too difficult.

6) Last Remnant: Awful Combat System so youtubed the game

PS2 Games: Radiata Stories, Deus Ex, Dark Cloud 1/2, Rogue Galaxy, Dragon Quest 8 = Couldn't do the grind now so I youtubed the games haha

Couldn't beat final bosses so youtubed ending:

1) Blue Dragon

2) Lost Odyssey

3) Infinite Undiscovery

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

yes on some old games back in the day,when there was no continues and saves and easy levels. I remember playing double dragon/battletoad game back in the game,and gave up because,once you ran out of continues you had to start all over. I could never beat it,so I gave up.

The only game in recent memory that I've considered quitting was Touhou: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. Although it was my first foray into the bullet hell genre.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4