By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did you ever give up on a game because it was too hard?

the only game where this applies to me is gt 5 initially

initially i found the physics to be a little too unforgiving and got frustrated, but eventually i gave it another shot and i've been enjoying it since then

Around the Network

Yes, I couldn't beat some room in KZ2 (the one where you are down and all manners of soldiers come at you), and the difficulty can not be changed, so there it stays unfinished. And I wanted to finish it.

Edit: I youtubed the ending of God of War 2, because of the fucking QTE right at the end (and my TV which is 47ms or so late with the image).

Any racing games.

I wouldn't say hard per se, but I just don't do good under time limits. I'm a very patient gamer.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Boom Blox -  It was too hard for me to even want to put that disc in my Wii again, nevertheless beat it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I usually quit playing games when I have to do something over and over again because the developers think that SAVE SPOTS/LOCATIONS/POINTS are cool but in fact they are archaic bullshit.

For example I play a game and the game has a good difficulty then I mess something up either a fight were I could get some special items because it has a strange difficulty curve or I failed at a boss or because the game freezes etc, And the last savegame is from 1 hour ago.

This happend to me in ARC RISE FANTASIA I played the game it was cool then a sudden boss fight without any chance to save the game. I totally failed because the game went from easy to WTF difficulty within a minute. I then grinded half an hour/one hour because I didnt want to fail again. BUT! The game has a bug and the cutscene right before the bossfight can freeze the game. And it happened to me..... So I wasted time twice..... Never touched the game again.

I hate wasting time because of stupid design. Thats why Xenoblade is one of my favorite games. I want to save TADAA done or (for whatever reason) I dont like darkness let me change the ingame time to 10am DONE.

Difficulty is not really the reason why I quit playing games its more game design fails. 

P.S. Another example: 

Lets say I fail  and I just lost 2 minutes of progress  no problem BUT if I have to watch a f*cking  cutscene everytime     I quit playing the game.  Its just wasting time. Its not worth it.

Around the Network
Chevinator123 said:
Cathrine, dem babel stages =/

A lot of people claim Catherine is too hard.I don't blame them one bit

I'm not very good at puzzle games usually but I forced myself to get good at Catherine because I still liked it despite how hard it was for me initially. I swear, my first playthrough was brutal. I would get stuck on levels for days or at least week regurlarly.

I'm fairly better at the game now. Slowly working on the the plat'.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

System Shock II. I played it before they patched in options to turn down/off weapon degradation and enemy respawn and although I didn't give up, I cheated to reach the end. As far as I'm concerned, I gave up. I'll return to it someday, as murderously hard as it is. Other than SSII, I have only given up on hard games that are cheap or poorly programed/designed such as Battletoads or Ninja Gaiden NES.

I'm currently playing Demon's Souls, don't give me ideas.

I died and got sent to the start of the first level after 15 minutes of play time, some bitch with red eyes did a one hit KO on me from full health.

NEVAR! If a game is too hard, I'll only put it down if it's unfairly hard which means the game is bad.

In the old days, "too hard" was unthinkable. We used to beat games that were impossible. Just kept plugging at it and getting a little bit further and then, one day, we'd win the game (my brother and I). These days, I'd probably quit a game out of boredom instead of difficulty. I do tend to play games in normal and occasionally, easy mode, though. I just don't have the time I used to have.