By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did you ever give up on a game because it was too hard?

bouzane said:
System Shock II. I played it before they patched in options to turn down/off weapon degradation and enemy respawn and although I didn't give up, I cheated to reach the end. As far as I'm concerned, I gave up. I'll return to it someday, as murderously hard as it is. Other than SSII, I have only given up on hard games that are cheap or poorly programed/designed such as Battletoads or Ninja Gaiden NES.

Battletoads and Ninja Gaiden aren't cheap or badly programmed/designed. Sure they're hard but with some dedication and memorization they can be beat.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
Any racing games.

I wouldn't say hard per se, but I just don't do good under time limits. I'm a very patient gamer.

I unlocked upto Obelisk on babel but then I realised I had to beat the game on hard difficulty to unlock everything. Then I put the game in the drawer and haven't picked it up ever since.

Don't get me wrong. I love the game for it's story and gameplay, but the insane amount of trial and error you have to do in later levels is just too jarring.

UltimateUnknown said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
black ops on veteran. it was so frustating i was very close to ripping the disc in half.

Wow man you too. I played and finished all 3 MW games on veteran. It's not so much difficult as it is just being patient and staying under cover to pick the correct time to shoot or move on. But WaW and BO just had unreasonable difficulty on veteran. WaW in particular where with every step there are 10 grenades at your feet. Not to mention the unlimited enemy spawns.

Im with you on that one. I remember i think it was the 4th mission going against the sniper was so hard i think i finally beat that one part after like an hour and then the 5th mission was impossible with all the grenades being thrown everywhere so i gave up.

chris212223 said:
UltimateUnknown said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
black ops on veteran. it was so frustating i was very close to ripping the disc in half.

Wow man you too. I played and finished all 3 MW games on veteran. It's not so much difficult as it is just being patient and staying under cover to pick the correct time to shoot or move on. But WaW and BO just had unreasonable difficulty on veteran. WaW in particular where with every step there are 10 grenades at your feet. Not to mention the unlimited enemy spawns.

Im with you on that one. I remember i think it was the 4th mission going against the sniper was so hard i think i finally beat that one part after like an hour and then the 5th mission was impossible with all the grenades being thrown everywhere so i gave up.

Every Call of Duty on Veteran is ridiculously frustrating.

I remember the last level of MW3, I was raging. I gave up doing Black Ops on Veteran on the rocket level, and World at War on the Japanese island level.

Yeah, I remember I've done that before, but I can't remember which games.

Some shmups, some old platformers... It doesn't happen that often these days, not cuz I've improved that much, more cuz devs make games so easy these days. Anyone try out RE6 yet? haha

Around the Network

The Water Temple....

also decent amount of NES games such as Ninja Gaiden

some recent games include F-Zero GX

Gave up trying to beat Fzero on the hard difficulty.

Also Xcom Terror From the Deep. So hard yet its so much fun.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Every 2D fighting games.

As a kid I used to have a lot of free time, so the main reason I stopped playing a game was not it's difficulty but if I liked it or not. For example, Bart vs the Space Mutants or Top Gun 2, I thought those games were hard and I didn't like them at all so I never wasted too much time with them.... TMNT, Ninja Gaiden and Battletoads I LOVE all of them and played it for a thousand hrs. I'm very proud I could finish them except Battletoads, but even if the game is very difficult I really enjoy playing it =)

Nowadays I'm very busy so a very hard game can become more frustrating but I still downloaded some Nes games I never played before like Castlevania III, and after so much swearing and frustration I could finally beat it.... I can't imagine playing it without Wii save point though.

Generally I stop playing a game not by it's difficulty but if they are boring.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

brendude13 said:

Every Call of Duty on Veteran is ridiculously frustrating.

I remember the last level of MW3, I was raging. I gave up doing Black Ops on Veteran on the rocket level, and World at War on the Japanese island level.

Was that the one with the flamethrower? If so, I think I spent at least a week attempting that on veteran.  No idea if I accomplished it or not.