By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Supply passes demand!?

Itrackr numbers keep going up!

6:30PM April 25, 2007, 22%
8:00PM April 25, 2007, 22%
2:00AM April 26, 2007, 22%
2:00PM April 26, 2007, 38%

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

eh, maybe people dont know they are there.

Dear God, Kwaad. Your quest for the wii demand is almost pathetic.
You were discussing it already on another thread. 

... or it could be possible that the same thing is happening now that has happened every time Kwaad has said OMFG, Wii is Doomed!!!11!!1 Oversupply!1!!1.

Maybe, just maybe, they are stockpiling at the Targets, Toys R Us, Circuit City, etc. and will "release" them on Sunday.

Itrackr has been very, very far from accurate -- at least in my town.  The "number of stores in stock" will say 4 stores for 4 days straight, but the time since last update is greater than 10 hours and there isn't a wii available at any of the listed stores.  There may have been for a short window, but they aren't sitting there for sure.   Look at your average Itrackr zip code update and see how many actually show stock as reported in the most recent window of time.  My local Itrakr is showing 7 stores with availability.  All of them are older than 10 hours and I called the Gamestops/EBs which are 3 of the 7 and they don't have any stock...  That's obviously just my locale but it has always been the case since I started watching Itrakr.   Let's see what happens early next week after weekend release and see if it drops down.

All that said, however, the Wii is going to have to reach AT LEAST 50% availability on a consistent basis to see what kind of legs the system has.  Personally I think that the Wii falls short on delivering a quality entertainment experience and will die out rather quickly once they are widely available, but that's just me.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

kn said:

... or it could be possible that the same thing is happening now that has happened every time Kwaad has said OMFG, Wii is Doomed!!!11!!1 Oversupply!1!!1.

Maybe, just maybe, they are stockpiling at the Targets, Toys R Us, Circuit City, etc. and will "release" them on Sunday.

Itrackr has been very, very far from accurate -- at least in my town. The "number of stores in stock" will say 4 stores for 4 days straight, but the time since last update is greater than 10 hours and there isn't a wii available at any of the listed stores. There may have been for a short window, but they aren't sitting there for sure. Look at your average Itrackr zip code update and see how many actually show stock as reported in the most recent window of time. My local Itrakr is showing 7 stores with availability. All of them are older than 10 hours and I called the Gamestops/EBs which are 3 of the 7 and they don't have any stock... That's obviously just my locale but it has always been the case since I started watching Itrakr. Let's see what happens early next week after weekend release and see if it drops down.

All that said, however, the Wii is going to have to reach AT LEAST 50% availability on a consistent basis to see what kind of legs the system has. Personally I think that the Wii falls short on delivering a quality entertainment experience and will die out rather quickly once they are widely available, but that's just me.

Very true. I have seen how Kwaad like to use itrackr against the Wii. I wait for NPD numbers to know the truth.

Around the Network

LOL @ Kwaad. 

We won't get April's NPD numbers 'till about May 17th, right?

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Kwaad your can't possibly still be serious when you use itracker??? You already tried this before in another thread. Stop trying to make people get up and arms about it, i.e., stop trolling.

Legend11 said:

@DonWii

You don't drive an American car so you don't play an American console? Exactly what do cars and consoles have to do with each other? Kinda crazy that the only reason you could come up with for dissing the 360 is that there's an American company behind it.

Just trying to say I dont like American products. Thats it. NOT saying they are not good, just saying I prefer Japanese ones. I like Xbox Live, I dont like Ring of Death.

Don't blame Kwaad, it's that time of the month

the Wii is an epidemic.