By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Supply passes demand!?

Good news for the Wii. Higher supply will result in better sales.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Around the Network
reverie said:

Exactly. Just as soon as people figure out they are available.

Well, it's been almost a week, and the numbers keep going up.

Check e-bay and see how the scalpers are doing tonight. People wont pay more than 300$ for a wii now. Seems demand has dropped... maybe they got one? 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

The only thing that can be said for certain is that PS3 sales have been steadily declining in every market.

Kwaad said:

Well, it's been almost a week, and the numbers keep going up.

Check e-bay and see how the scalpers are doing tonight. People wont pay more than 300$ for a wii now. Seems demand has dropped... maybe they got one?

As far as ebay, I always felt that the larger target audience for the Wii isnt likely to go onto ebay and pay more than retail for it. They would just wait until summer, if they cant find one.Those who are willing to buy one alreadydid. Same thing happened with PS3.

Around the Network

since it was speculated that nintendo would increase production this should have happened...regardless now or later. plus i expect it to fluctuate some.

.......and so what is the ps3 numbers at?

Wii ID: 3598-1817-7961-3393. PM me if you want an add

If it wasnt for MGS4, the PS3 is unnecessary

DonWii said:
reverie said:

Exactly. Just as soon as people figure out they are available.

Well let's see it has been all over the gaming blogs of a massive Wii shipment this month. that paired witht eh delayed up dates and even warnings to call the stores before you go there. 22% is not that high.

Than again it says 2 out of 20 store sint eh ay are and the two stores are Albany Target and Emeryville CompUSA. As I said the Emeryville one was sold yet as of yesterday and it is still listed as available on Itrackr. If it is at 50% or higher tommorow than you would have somethign to Crow about.

Please don't disabuse Kwaad. Apparently he finds great pleasure in his hopes of having the Wii fail miserably and the PS3 break records. It would be cruel to deprieve him of this little joy.

There are still people waiting for stores to open in my area (Sacramento CA). Sure Wiis are available somewhere but until they get above 50% availability and stay there it is still considered very supply constrained.

still at 22% now at 8PM

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!