By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Supply passes demand!?

You really like to take ANY opportunity to bash Nintendo huh? I like the PS3 but I also like Nintendo. I don't get you people who always have constent hate like that...

Little piece of advice: Go play some games a little bit more insteed of annoying everyone with constent bashing. It will do everyone much good, including you.

Oh and also, good thing there are more Wiis in stock! It gives more opportunity for people to buy them!

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
staticneuron said:

hmm.... I haven't been watching. I would still wait till supply is above 50% at least to say that initial demand has died down.

Yeah if thePS3 was an example of what happend when supply passed demand... the Wii avalibility will skyrocket to 70% in another week or so.

Main reason is, the way stuff is distributed. It goes from a massive distribution center... to the stores that NEED them the most. So really that means When the Wii stops selling out in 20% of regions, that means the rest of the country get 20% more from each shipment, thus a chain reaction happens, and almost overnight, supply is met.

Also, on e-bay, including shipping Wiis are selling for around 320$. Down from 350-380 on saturday. Let's see here in a few days how that is as well, as that is a good view on 'demand'. 

Hey Kwaad if Wii supply doesn't hit 70% next week what will you say?  What if it drops back down?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

lolita said:

You really like to take ANY opportunity to bash Nintendo huh? I like the PS3 but I also like Nintendo. I don't get you people who always have constent hate like that...

Little piece of advice: Go play some games a little bit more insteed of annoying everyone with constent bashing. It will do everyone much good, including you.

Oh and also, good thing there are more Wiis in stock! It gives more opportunity for people to buy them!

No! It's BAD the Wii is in stock. It's just a crappy website. The Wii will NEVER!!! remain in stock! It will be the first console to sell a billion units.  /troll

Ok seriously, that is why I do this, to annoy th people who wont admit supply passes demand. Is that bad for nintendo? No. It's good. Is it bad for sony? It's neither, becuase the only thing that matters for sony is sony's sales.

The Wii prices on e-bay are going down, so I think that people are finding their own Wii's here lately. That's *great* news for anyone who wants one. Here in a month we will see what the 'lasting' wii demand will be. That is what I wanna bash. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Unfortunately for the 'other' side it seems like the Nintendo fans get overly defensive when people are saying the Wii is back in stock.  It sorta goes both ways, but Kwaad and gang are worse at 'blatent' unfounded attacks.

Keep it clean both way guys, a lot of un-needed sarcasm going on in this thread.

Kwaad said:

6:30PM Aug 25, 2007 22%
8:00PM Aug 25, 2007 22%

Uh, why does it say "Aug" as in august? Anyway that's beside the point. I went to gamestop today to buy GBA games, and this customer was complaining to the guy working there how "he's come to stores 80 times since November 19 and he hasn't been able to find a Wii." That is ALSO besides the point.

People are still buying Wiis that they wanted during december 2006. Around august, people will start buying christmas presents for their kids/themselves. Guess who doesn't have $600 for a single present? Most people. But guess who has $250 for a present? More people! Sucka! Wii 4 Life Omg!

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
lolita said:

No! It's BAD the Wii is in stock. It's just a crappy website. The Wii will NEVER!!! remain in stock! It will be the first console to sell a billion units. /troll

Ok seriously, that is why I do this, to annoy th people who wont admit supply passes demand. Is that bad for nintendo? No. It's good. Is it bad for sony? It's neither, becuase the only thing that matters for sony is sony's sales.

The Wii prices on e-bay are going down, so I think that people are finding their own Wii's here lately. That's *great* news for anyone who wants one. Here in a month we will see what the 'lasting' wii demand will be. That is what I wanna bash.

That post does not even dignify the justification for response.

So you're saying as soon as the Wii becomes consistently in stock it's all over? The 'FAD' is over? Therefore because there is more stock available that demand the Wii will simply stop selling ALL TOGETHER?

Kwaad said:
lolita said:

No! It's BAD the Wii is in stock. It's just a crappy website. The Wii will NEVER!!! remain in stock! It will be the first console to sell a billion units.  /troll

Your comments come across as trolling, nothing wrong with Wii being in stock, but when you start acting like Wii having 22% availability is the end of all its demand you sound like an delusional fanboy

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Kwaad, you gotta quit being such an instigator. Anytime you post something regarding the Wii, you try and word it in a way that makes the Wii look bad. 

"Wii Supply passes demand!?"

The Wii is still sold out at 78% percent of locations according to that site, and all of a sudden, 
not only has the supply met the demand, but the supply has actually passed demand. 
Wow, nice word choice. I haven't looked into that site much, but I'm pretty sure that it's 22% 
of retailers have at least one Wii unit available. 

So if every store in the country had 1 Wii, and only 1 Wii, availability would be 100%. 
Everyone knows that stores have recently been getting in massive shipments. 
Let's say a Circuit City by me got 30 Wiis this week, and 28 of them sold through today. 
All itrackr cares about is the fact that there is at least one Wii there, so it's really not 
that great of a resource to use right after massive shipments, as 1 Wii or 30 Wiis per 
store would still have the same effect on the stats. 

I may be wrong on how availability is calculated, but nonetheless, you need to quit trying to start flame 
wars. I recall you posting about how even Sony can't meet demand with the PS3 (this was a post where you defended Sony's statement about short supply, which was completely bogus, adn you know it ;)). Surely this makes you a hypocrite, and extremely ignorrant. 

For old times sake, let's break it down: 

"Ok seriously, that is why I do this, to annoy th people who wont admit supply passes demand."

Kwaad, you do realize that supply will eventually meet demand, right? The Wii can't possibly be sold out forever. The fact that the Wii is over 5 months old and still impossible to find is phenominal. How could you go so low as to try and criticize the Wii for it's success? I don't know the rules of this forum very well, but it's very well possible that annoying people is against the rules, and if so, I'm pretty sure that your post counts as a confession and you should be banned.

"Is that bad for nintendo? No. It's good. Is it bad for sony? It's neither, becuase the only thing that matters for sony is sony's sales."

This part of your post is your little "I'm-a-fanboy-but-I-want-to-pretend-that-I'm-not" piece. After just making a statement (not to mention the entire thread) to piss off Nintendo fans by stating false information, you go ahead and say it's a good thing. Do you honestly expect me to believe that if Sony was having problems meeting demand you would praise Nintendo and say that Sony is screwing up. I'm not stupid.

"The Wii prices on e-bay are going down, so I think that people are finding their own Wii's here lately. That's *great* news for anyone who wants one. Here in a month we will see what the 'lasting' wii demand will be. That is what I wanna bash."
Making a post about the future sales of the Wii, knowing that there is nothing that can be said to prove you wrong now because the facts obviously aren't out yet, and are actually still in progress. By the time the Wii sales are released next month, this thread will be long forgotten, so you've got nothing to lose by talking trash towards the Wii right now. Not to mention the fact that Wii's sales are currently almost tripling the PS3s sales in the US on a monthly basis, which makes me wonder why you predict failure for the Wii. But wait, you're not a fanboy. You like Nintendo.

NFreak - the fact that the console has remained sold out. Let me give an example.

10million people want a flipper...

The company that makes the flipper makes 1million/month.

On average each month 10 *more* people want the flipper.

It will remain sold out for 10 months, with a 1million/month production.

After 10 months, only 10 people want it a month. So that means they are producing 999,990 more units/month.

So in 10 months, they will have sold 10million units.

in 11 months, they would have sold... 10,000,100 units.

This is highly exagurated numbers. But I feel the wii is in a similar boat.

It's not Doom and gloom. It's facts, that I beleive. Normally I word stuff like. "Has it finally met demand." not. "The Wii met demand and is gonna fail."

I just want good games, that are worth playing. That's all I want. I dont give a damn what console. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

You may want 'good' games, but you certainly don't endear people to agree with you. Instead you make it so people are not just uninterested, but will turn against what you want.