By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Supply passes demand!?

The few times I checked Itrackr and found stores they claimed had Wiis in stock, after calling them I found they were sold out. So honestly I don't believe itrackr, I don't know their methods of data collection but at least for my area they are either outdated or simply wrong.

Around the Network

I don't care what anyone says, the sooner the Wii is in stock everywhere and everyone can buy one the better for us to know how this generation is going to pan out.

If there are enough Wii's in stock all over the US the better, I just want to know what the REAL demand is... if the hardware number hits 600,000 in April with FULL supply then that will be GOOD news don't you think?

I don't want the Wii to still be sold out, because it's impossible to gauge the REAL demand... if 250,000 for March was the number of units supplied, supply REALLY goes up and down each week... which is kinda lame, but I think Nintendo Held back.

Nintendo's financial meeting is being held currently so it will be very good to see their news about this, the projected number and production for the next year and the next quarter will be released today, so all of these things are good bits of information.

Itrackr may not be TOTALLY accurate, but it's a good indication, it in no way is a bad sign for the Wii... I can only see good from more stock being available.

PLUS demand can't continue with no precedence... i'm sorry but as Nintendo hasn't released and isn't releasing any new big huge games that are going to continue to pull customers it's only natural for the demand to start to subside...  

EDIT - It's about time as well.

John Lucas - IF they cant sell 1million/month, *WHEN* will the Wii pass the 360?

BEGIN SCARCASM 

Sales are down...

or...

Shipments are the biggest in history.

Becuase 100thousand consoles would sell in 2-3 days. And keep itrackr below 20%.

So does that mean nintendo is shipping 200,000 consoles every 2-3 days for the last 6 days, meaning roughly 600,000 consoles in the last week? With shipments growing as the itrackr number keeps going up?

Soon Nintendo will be shipping over 10million/week in NA alone of this keeps up! Nintendo will be the first console to surpass 1billion consoles sold.

END SCARCASM 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

OriGin said:

I don't care what anyone says, the sooner the Wii is in stock everywhere and everyone can buy one the better for us to know how this generation is going to pan out.

If there are enough Wii's in stock all over the US the better, I just want to know what the REAL demand is... if the hardware number hits 600,000 in April with FULL supply then that will be GOOD news don't you think?

I don't want the Wii to still be sold out, because it's impossible to gauge the REAL demand... if 250,000 for March was the number of units supplied, supply REALLY goes up and down each week... which is kinda lame, but I think Nintendo Held back.

Nintendo's financial meeting is being held currently so it will be very good to see their news about this, the projected number and production for the next year and the next quarter will be released today, so all of these things are good bits of information.

Itrackr may not be TOTALLY accurate, but it's a good indication, it in no way is a bad sign for the Wii... I can only see good from more stock being available.

PLUS demand can't continue with no precedence... i'm sorry but as Nintendo hasn't released and isn't releasing any new big huge games that are going to continue to pull customers it's only natural for the demand to start to subside...

Actually nintendo launched their 3rd or 4th biggest game of 2007 last week... this aint a good sign. XD

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

OriGin said:

Definitely Origins,

Nintendo does need to meet demand and they need to meet it soon. There was a rather large shipment this week and just like every week there is a large shipment Itrackr spikes. No here is the thing neither of teh stores listed of having the Wii has had them since yesterday for the Bay Area and for kicks I put in my old NJ zip code and teh same thing happens. Itrackr is reliable to the extent that it is within a few days but not that reliable unless you really get over 30% or it stays the same all week. They even have notices to call stores before you go because of this reason. I got my Wii on Launch Day and I am glad I did because this wait is a long time for some of my freinds who want one now. I personally can't wait for Nintendo to meet demand and they actually need to to. Since stores need to sttart stocking for the Holidays. But still despite Kwaads bi-weekly hassle that happens after every shipment I haven't seen anythign yet to indicate that has happened.

Itracker has the 360 at 75% and the PS3 at 92%. The have stayed within 10% of those numbers for teh past month. IF teh Wii stays around 30-35% over the next week than evenif I can't find it in the Bay Area I will think demand has been meant and start looking at sales as they should be.

Oh and never forget the power of Wii Health.

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
OriGin said:

Actually nintendo launched their 3rd or 4th biggest game of 2007 last week... this aint a good sign. XD

PFFT yeah right dude, that was not one of Nintendo's big guns for the year... it's a 'nothing' game for pushing hardware.  I don't think there is really many people that will buy a Wii for Super Paper Mario, sorry.

That game is simply to fill the space for Nintendo gamers while they wait for the other games to arrive, it's not a big game, and it's not expected to move more hardware.  Sorry but this is NO news for Nintendo.  I would expect availability to rise in April and it's definitely not a doom and gloom situation for Wii to be consistently available.  Why if it's available does it mean that it's not selling?

fooflexible said:
The few times I checked Itrackr and found stores they claimed had Wiis in stock, after calling them I found they were sold out. So honestly I don't believe itrackr, I don't know their methods of data collection but at least for my area they are either outdated or simply wrong.

I have gotten my PS3 and my Wii thanks to Itrackr.  An explanation was given to me by a a freind of mine who is involved with that site. Itrackr claims to track store inventories. I know for a fact that some employess will tell you that they have recieved no Wii's in stock when in fact they have. Either employees have gotten them or they drop you the "hint" to come back on sunday, then chances are they have them in stock already.

I find it funny because I've been to other places on the web that have a similar complaint. So why would people believe  that a service which tracks inventories (computers talkin to computers) would be less trustworthy than an employee of a store either over the phone or face to face? Unless you knew the employee's of some of these stores (which I do) then I would suggest you take their words with a grain of salt.  Especially if they tell you to come back "next" sunday.

Expect the wii's number to drop after sunday. 

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Super Paper Mario can be considered a big game if you're a fan of games from Nintendo's "Intelligent Systems" group. (I know I am!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_Systems 

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Kwaad said:

Itrackr numbers keep going up!

6:30PM Aug 25, 2007 22%
8:00PM Aug 25, 2007 22%

How are the numbers going up if they are remaining the same?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

staticneuron said:
fooflexible said:

I have gotten my PS3 and my Wii thanks to Itrackr.  An explanation was given to me by a a freind of mine who is involved with that site. Itrackr claims to track store inventories. I know for a fact that some employess will tell you that they have recieved no Wii's in stock when in fact they have. Either employees have gotten them or they drop you the "hint" to come back on sunday, then chances are they have them in stock already.

I find it funny because I've been to other places on the web that have a similar complaint. So why would people believe  that a service which tracks inventories (computers talkin to computers) would be less trustworthy than an employee of a store either over the phone or face to face? Unless you knew the employee's of some of these stores (which I do) then I would suggest you take their words with a grain of salt.  Especially if they tell you to come back "next" sunday.

Expect the wii's number to drop after sunday. 

So then how is this news?  We already know that stores sit on stock until the weekend

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)