By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's safe to say Sony lost this gen; 70 million Xbox 360's have been sold!

Sony would've lost this gen even if it beat 360 to the 70 million mark. :P

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Haven't read a thing from the thread but the title smells like jailbait or something similar...

weaveworld said:
Haven't read a thing from the thread but the title smells like jailbait or something similar...

jailbait? Wow, I understand getting upset at baiting titles, but its not worth going to jail over. It's just not worth it dude.

VGKing said:
kowenicki said:
the2real4mafol said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

Yeah Sony followed up the PS2 in sensational style.  By slaughtering their market share, driving the company into the floor, becoming a distant 3rd in the single biggest market and leaviong themselves a mountaing to climb with PS4.

You are unbelieveable, those rose tinted spectacles are stuck.

All the shit Sony did, yet theyre still equal with the 360 despite Microsoft(!)s best efforts.

Its quite funny watching Sony fuck up at every opportunity and still manage to keep up with the other guys.

A loyal fan base will do that. 

Sony abused that though.  And continue to do so. Maybe that loyalty will be tested again next gen, I expect it will.

I find it hilarious how people try and spin this gen as some kind of amazing performance by Sony.  The PS3 has been an unmitigated distater on every business measure you can think of.... every single one.

I'm out of this thread though, nothing good will come of it.  Talking to Sony fans on this topic is like beating your head against a stoine wall.  They refuse the see the painfully bleeding obvious.

Just because PS3 has sold less than half of what PS2 so far is disasterous is it!? If it's so bad, sony would off given up by now. 66 million is pretty good for a disaster ain't it? Sony should of continued to dominate the gaming industry but they didn't, so does it matter? not really. Sony has it's fanbase, Nintendo has it's fanbase and so does microsoft now, at least it ain't a 2 horse race between sony and nintendo, which it would be if xbox 360 failed.

Yes it is.  This is about the business aspects of it.  This has nothing to do with "fans" and everything to do with dollars, yen and marketshare. It is a disaster from a business perspective, that is undenaible I'm afraid.  Not saying they cant recover next gen, but this gen the PS3 IS a business disaster. 

Xbox 360 is no cash cow either. RROD epidemic cost MS over $1billion.

Anyway look at it this way, as a console in 3rd place, the PS3 is extremely successful. PS3 is the first console to survive that 3rd place position and it might even move to to 2nd before the end of this gen.

Each console this generation faild in some aspect. THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER PS2.

Really?  So I gues Sega Genisis never survived or the Gamecube?   Stop defending your console now and move on

JayWood2010 said:
VGKing said:
kowenicki said:
the2real4mafol said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

Yeah Sony followed up the PS2 in sensational style.  By slaughtering their market share, driving the company into the floor, becoming a distant 3rd in the single biggest market and leaviong themselves a mountaing to climb with PS4.

You are unbelieveable, those rose tinted spectacles are stuck.

All the shit Sony did, yet theyre still equal with the 360 despite Microsoft(!)s best efforts.

Its quite funny watching Sony fuck up at every opportunity and still manage to keep up with the other guys.

A loyal fan base will do that. 

Sony abused that though.  And continue to do so. Maybe that loyalty will be tested again next gen, I expect it will.

I find it hilarious how people try and spin this gen as some kind of amazing performance by Sony.  The PS3 has been an unmitigated distater on every business measure you can think of.... every single one.

I'm out of this thread though, nothing good will come of it.  Talking to Sony fans on this topic is like beating your head against a stoine wall.  They refuse the see the painfully bleeding obvious.

Just because PS3 has sold less than half of what PS2 so far is disasterous is it!? If it's so bad, sony would off given up by now. 66 million is pretty good for a disaster ain't it? Sony should of continued to dominate the gaming industry but they didn't, so does it matter? not really. Sony has it's fanbase, Nintendo has it's fanbase and so does microsoft now, at least it ain't a 2 horse race between sony and nintendo, which it would be if xbox 360 failed.

Yes it is.  This is about the business aspects of it.  This has nothing to do with "fans" and everything to do with dollars, yen and marketshare. It is a disaster from a business perspective, that is undenaible I'm afraid.  Not saying they cant recover next gen, but this gen the PS3 IS a business disaster. 

Xbox 360 is no cash cow either. RROD epidemic cost MS over $1billion.

Anyway look at it this way, as a console in 3rd place, the PS3 is extremely successful. PS3 is the first console to survive that 3rd place position and it might even move to to 2nd before the end of this gen.

Each console this generation faild in some aspect. THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER PS2.

Really?  So I gues Sega Genisis never survived or the Gamecube?   Stop defending your console now and move on

Not defending anything, just pointing out facts. Sure the Gamecube may have survived, but it was nowhere near successful as the competition. Even the Xbox was more successful.

This gen the Wii won the sales war, but it lost the software war. PS3 and 360 are virtualy tied for 2nd place. No 1 console is a failure this generation.

So stop attacking consoles you don't like and move on.(and while you're at it go back and edit your previous comments which are extremely hard to read. A little formatting and grammar/spell checks never hurt anyone.)

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
smbu2000 said:

Sony

PS2: over 156 million sold

PS3: over 63 million sold

Man, you people are just feeding me lines...

The PS2 was practically  ALONE in the market, it achieved 150 m with no competition.

The PS3 has everything against it. That includes the 360, the Wii AND  a big portion of the gaming media (yeah those guys who for 3 whole years didn't think the biggest hardware failure in history was a big deal)

You jest, of course.

You don't know it, but seriously, you do.

vgchartz way overtracks ps3 numbers.

I don't know why this thread stayed open, but it did, and it's generated mod jobs at a greater rate than I've seen for a good six months.

Locking.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective