By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SHEEP: Resident Evil 6 and why the series should never have left Nintendo

KylieDog said:
theARTIST0017 said:
KylieDog said:

Well the GC ports are ported from PS1, the DC from PC.  But these are games from a previous gen on new gen machines, comparing graphics is silly at best.  They pretty much the same, though some people believe the DC is better, the backgrounds for RE3 certainly are, the only real argument is character and enemy models.

it's common knowledge that the GC re's are enhanced ports of the ps1 game better graphics and all. no need to argue.

No, they are direct ports.  They did not redo graphics or anything, they just look slight better due to a better system. 

1. A direct port CANNOT look better just because its on a "better" system, that's why its called a direct port

2. If the game was altered in any fashion, upscaled, filtered, more polygons, etc, it's not a direct port its an enhanced port.

Sooo what you just said is conflicting

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

Gaming culture has changed and no amount of teeth gnashing and breast beating is going to change that. Support the games you love and accept that others, possibly the significant majority at this point, do not share your tastes.

Look, to a certain extent I get it. I am dumb founded at times when some current crop of titles get the accolades and sales they do, I feel the same way about films, books and television shows at times as well. I just find that it is so wasteful to hate all the time over things that frankly are not as important as we may build them up in our myopic worlds.

KylieDog said:
theARTIST0017 said:
KylieDog said:

Well the GC ports are ported from PS1, the DC from PC.  But these are games from a previous gen on new gen machines, comparing graphics is silly at best.  They pretty much the same, though some people believe the DC is better, the backgrounds for RE3 certainly are, the only real argument is character and enemy models.

it's common knowledge that the GC re's are enhanced ports of the ps1 game better graphics and all. no need to argue.

No, they are direct ports.  They did not redo graphics or anything, they just look slight better due to a better system. 

False, I posted the reports of the upgrades and you dismissed them because you didn't like them. The charecter modal's were improved on the GC version. It also has no noticeble aliasing.

KylieDog said:
lilbroex said:
KylieDog said:
theARTIST0017 said:
KylieDog said:

False, I posted the reports of the upgrades and you dismissed them because you didn't like them. The charecter modal's were improved on the GC version. It also has no noticeble aliasing.

You posted bullshit based on fanboy dreams.  Character models are identical, the only game with different characters models is the N64 port, which are higher resolution but less detailed.

.................. reading that burned my retinas.....I think my eyes are bleeding

Character modals "have no resolution". Characters are the polygons that the textures are mapped to. In creasing character detail means that the character have more polygons added.

And higher resolution with "less" detail? Is that supposed to be an oxymoron?

KylieDog said:
lilbroex said:
KylieDog said:

You posted bullshit based on fanboy dreams.  Character models are identical, the only game with different characters models is the N64 port, which are higher resolution but less detailed.

..................that just burned my eyes to read.....

Character modals "have no resolution". Resolution is not a factor in their existense.  Characters are the polygons that the textures are mapped to.

And higher resolution with "less" detail? Is that supposed to be an oxymoron?

You know what I mean, you're splitting hairs because your bullshit cannot hold up.

What the heck? There is no hair to split. You post you made what 100% wrong. I see no other meaning that can be garnered from it.

It says it clearly that the polygon modals are enhanced on the GC version and I even pointed it out to you in the videos before posting the quote confirming it. I didn't even know it was officially stated at first.

I could see it with my naked eye before I ever went to look for info on it. It clear as day when you look at the characters joints. You can see a fold on all of the version exept the GC version. Its rounded out which means they added polygons to it.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Stick a Wii game in a  Dolphin emulator, it looks better.  Is that an enhanced port?

Technically it is.

KylieDog said:
theARTIST0017 said:
KylieDog said:

1. A direct port CANNOT look better just because its on a "better" system, that's why its called a direct port

2. If the game was altered in any fashion, upscaled, filtered, more polygons, etc, it's not a direct port its an enhanced port.

Sooo what you just said is conflicting

Stick a Wii game in a  Dolphin emulator, it looks better.  Is that an enhanced port?

uh yeah. upscaled, its an enhanced port that's why it looks better. a port that's been enhanced. 

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
All this is funny, considering that the PS version of these games have outsold its counterparts by a usually large margin. Hell even the 360 version of RE5 outsold RE4 for GC

ports don't usually sell as well anyways since most poeple who would want the game already have it. your second point comes to no surprise seeing as how the 360 has what like twice the install base of the GC with probably more of a harcore base anyways.

yeah your right, they dont usually sell, but last i checked. RE4 PS2 version killed the GC one and even the Wii version killed the GC one (not the PS2 one). And the PS2 version of CV killed the DC one. Funny you say Capcom doesnt think sometimes and you are right. RE4 kinda had no buisness being an exclusive to GC in the first place, why miss out on sales and buisness, because this Mikami guy feels a certain kinda way about SOny? It's good that Capcom came to there senses and said "why the hell are we not putting one of our triple A series on the best selling console by far?" We can go all day about poor Mikima leaving and how it hurt the series, its all irrelevant. Money talks BS walks.

"you're" not "your". and once again in this situation seeing as how the ps2 version came out only a year after the gc version, there is still plenty of audience (we can now label the gc version of the game a timed-exclusive) and seeing as how the ps2 had like what 4-5 times more user install base than the gc it's no surprise that it outsold it. Ps2 also had a much larger install base than dc and Wii has a much larger install base than gc. 

And its pretty common knowledge that RE4 is better than RE5 sooooo whats up?

which makes it eve more silly that RE4 was ever a timed exclusive and I believe that Mikima wanted it to remain exclusive, but the heads of Capcom (and rightly so) said nope! Should have been multiplat IMHO. 

People keep saying this and for argument sake i agree, but you know what? Money talks and to Capcom RE5 was the better game because it SOLD better in a shorter amount of time. So yeah whats up?

Its not silly to Nintendo. Exclusives bring appeal to a console. But I understand why they ported it but it was a win/loose situation for Capcom not a win/win but I don't think they cared about Mikami anyways.

And yeah it did sell better but the playing grounds aren't fair. two different generations and all you now

How was it not a win/win? Putting it on PS2 got it more sales than it would not have otherwise probably had. Making the series more popular in turn? Are you talking about loosing it's soul? I think you guys are looking to much into it, they can still make those types of games if they choose, Revelations proved that. But they choose not to do so. That brings me to my next point, lets say for argument sake, it did loose its soul or whatever, so what? The series is more popular than it has been since the early PS1 days. That tells me the people who have a problem with it is in the minority.

KylieDog said:
theARTIST0017 said:
KylieDog said:

uh yeah. upscaled, its an enhanced port that's why it looks better. a port that's been enhanced. 

No, it really isn't.  Stick the same game disc into a different machine and it is a port?   Don't be stupid.

Dude, thats what 99% of ports are...Do you think they made two entirely seperate, from the ground up versions of Resident Evil 5? Call of Duty? Mortal Kombat 9? Skyrim?

A port is just a game that is configured for another piece of hardware. Playing a game on anything other than its main system is "unficially" porting it.

Though why am I explaining this to you? You couldn't even tell the difference between textures and polygons a moment ago. I really need to learn to stop wasting my time.

Things never stay the same. RE has moved in a more mainstream direction, and if that is what it takes to keep businesses profitable and game industry professionals employed then I am all for it.

Also this thread is bringing me back to 2007. People arguing over why X game should never have left Y console, blah blah blah. Are you people going to start coming out of the woodwork now that the next round of consoles is coming out?

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League