By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SHEEP: Resident Evil 6 and why the series should never have left Nintendo

theARTIST0017 said:
lilbroex said:

I've recently played the horror that is Resident Evil Racoon City...this series has fallen far.

If only Capcom did not betray Mikami by selling out to Sony.

everything you said so far is truth. I don't know why so many people are blind to that (well I don't want to say fanboys are blind and get banned lol) but either way Capcom is a funny company. It seems they don't use common sense sometimes. If they still had Mikami, the RE games of today would be STELLAR and not average/below average (minus a few games, Revelations for 3DS is actually a good game). But besides that when you're the head of a big company all you think about is more people = more sales = port. So I can see why they port, I just don't see why they single out certain consoles from certain games.

Btw what is Mikamin doing now?

Well, he was with Platinum Games for a good stint and he worked with Suda at Grasshopper Manufaturer, now he's at Zenimax. I'm not sure what he's doing there.

The last game he released was Shadows of the Damn with Suda which was good, but it didn't sell to well.

Around the Network
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
All this is funny, considering that the PS version of these games have outsold its counterparts by a usually large margin. Hell even the 360 version of RE5 outsold RE4 for GC

ports don't usually sell as well anyways since most poeple who would want the game already have it. your second point comes to no surprise seeing as how the 360 has what like twice the install base of the GC with probably more of a harcore base anyways.

yeah your right, they dont usually sell, but last i checked. RE4 PS2 version killed the GC one and even the Wii version killed the GC one (not the PS2 one). And the PS2 version of CV killed the DC one. Funny you say Capcom doesnt think sometimes and you are right. RE4 kinda had no buisness being an exclusive to GC in the first place, why miss out on sales and buisness, because this Mikami guy feels a certain kinda way about SOny? It's good that Capcom came to there senses and said "why the hell are we not putting one of our triple A series on the best selling console by far?" We can go all day about poor Mikima leaving and how it hurt the series, its all irrelevant. Money talks BS walks.

"you're" not "your". and once again in this situation seeing as how the ps2 version came out only a year after the gc version, there is still plenty of audience (we can now label the gc version of the game a timed-exclusive) and seeing as how the ps2 had like what 4-5 times more user install base than the gc it's no surprise that it outsold it. Ps2 also had a much larger install base than dc and Wii has a much larger install base than gc. 

And its pretty common knowledge that RE4 is better than RE5 sooooo whats up?

which makes it eve more silly that RE4 was ever a timed exclusive and I believe that Mikima wanted it to remain exclusive, but the heads of Capcom (and rightly so) said nope! Should have been multiplat IMHO. 

People keep saying this and for argument sake i agree, but you know what? Money talks and to Capcom RE5 was the better game because it SOLD better in a shorter amount of time. So yeah whats up?

oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
All this is funny, considering that the PS version of these games have outsold its counterparts by a usually large margin. Hell even the 360 version of RE5 outsold RE4 for GC

ports don't usually sell as well anyways since most poeple who would want the game already have it. your second point comes to no surprise seeing as how the 360 has what like twice the install base of the GC with probably more of a harcore base anyways.

yeah your right, they dont usually sell, but last i checked. RE4 PS2 version killed the GC one and even the Wii version killed the GC one (not the PS2 one). And the PS2 version of CV killed the DC one. Funny you say Capcom doesnt think sometimes and you are right. RE4 kinda had no buisness being an exclusive to GC in the first place, why miss out on sales and buisness, because this Mikami guy feels a certain kinda way about SOny? It's good that Capcom came to there senses and said "why the hell are we not putting one of our triple A series on the best selling console by far?" We can go all day about poor Mikima leaving and how it hurt the series, its all irrelevant. Money talks BS walks.

"you're" not "your". and once again in this situation seeing as how the ps2 version came out only a year after the gc version, there is still plenty of audience (we can now label the gc version of the game a timed-exclusive) and seeing as how the ps2 had like what 4-5 times more user install base than the gc it's no surprise that it outsold it. Ps2 also had a much larger install base than dc and Wii has a much larger install base than gc. 

which makes it eve more silly that RE4 was ever a timed exclusive and I believe that Mikima wanted it to remain exclusive, but the heads of Capcom (and rightly so) said nope! Should have been multiplat IMHO. 

People keep saying this and for argument sake i agree, but you know what? Money talks and to Capcom RE5 was the better game because it SOLD better in a shorter amount of time. So yeah whats up?

It was never a timed exslusive. It was an intentionally one console exslusive that Capcom went over Mikami's head to bring to the PS2 after he inisted that he would cut his own head off before porting it to the PS2.

lilbroex said:
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:

It was never a timed exslusive. It was an intentionally one console exslusive that Capcom went over Mikami's head to bring to the PS2 after he inisted that he would cut his own head off before porting it to the PS2.

I knew that already i was explaining that to him. Cant really go over someone's head when you own the damn property. Capcom owns RE, not Mikima

oniyide said:
lilbroex said:
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:

I knew that already i was explaining that to him. Cant really go over someone's head when you own the damn property. Capcom owns RE, not Mikima

He is its creator and its soul.

They own the name, not the soul. The soul has been lost and that has become all to apparent.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
oniyide said:

Its not silly to Nintendo. Exclusives bring appeal to a console. But I understand why they ported it but it was a win/loose situation for Capcom not a win/win but I don't think they cared about Mikami anyways.

And yeah it did sell better but the playing grounds aren't fair. two different generations and all you now

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

KylieDog said:
theARTIST0017 said:
KylieDog said:

Well the GC ports are ported from PS1, the DC from PC.  But these are games from a previous gen on new gen machines, comparing graphics is silly at best.  They pretty much the same, though some people believe the DC is better, the backgrounds for RE3 certainly are, the only real argument is character and enemy models.

it's common knowledge that the GC re's are enhanced ports of the ps1 game better graphics and all. no need to argue.

No, they are direct ports.  They did not redo graphics or anything, they just look slight better due to a better system. 

Were the textures filtered?

REmake was good but Zero was terrible. And REmake might only have been good since it was based on a a proven good game.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

CGI-Quality said:
leatherhat said:
REmake was good but Zero was terrible. And REmake might only have been good since it was based on a a proven good game.

Zombie apes + the game where the plot started to go compeletly off the rails. I don't care how cute Rebecca is the game is probably the worst of the original style games.

Time for hype

CGI-Quality said:
leatherhat said:
CGI-Quality said:
leatherhat said:

"Bitch.....I will cut you".

Zombie apes + the game where the plot started to go compeletly off the rails. I don't care how cute Rebecca is the game is probably the worst of the original style games.

I don't know, I really enjoyed it. Wasn't as good as REmake, nor the older REs, but it still retained the RE soul.

Contrary to what you may have seen on this site it iss possible for two people on the internet to have different opinions and both be correct 

Time for hype