By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Is Ryan Gosling the coolest movie star the world has seen?

pezus said:
blkfish92 said:
Have you guys seen Driver!? SO awesome, this guy is such a badass actor.

(Fixed) Yup, indeed. That is the main reason he is cool. He was a different kind of cool in Crazy, Stupid Love too and he looks *way* cool in Gangster Squad so far.

He was also very awesome there too! I may not be gay or anything, but this man is quite the looker lol.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Tom Hardy always looks different whenenver I see him. Besides the mask.

Was Inception his first movie? Big movie?

I'm sure Star Trek: Nemesis was his first big movie.

darkknightkryta said:
spurgeonryan said:

Well his first big movie was Black Hawk Down, but he had about 6 minutes Screentime but this was his firs ´t Hollywood movie as well. But his first big was the one in Star Trek: Nemesis. But his breaktrough role was Eames in Inception.

amp316 said:

See, some people know what cool is. Sean Connery, Clint Eastwood, Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart, James Dean, Paul Newman, and Steve McQueen all have been named and all are very cool.

Charles Bronson, Robert DeNiro, Harrison Ford, and so many others could be listed.  Gosling isn't even on the radar of cool.  

I understand your point but that same point has been raised by every generation. As we get old we'll be lauding the current stars as "the stars" while the younger generation will think Justin Bieber 7 is the best thing to happen to movies. Just compare the MTV teen choice awards to oscars. I feel old saying that those teens have no taste and so easy to market too. 

Personally i think the world has lot more room for cool. :)

spurgeonryan said:
AndrewWK said:
darkknightkryta said:
spurgeonryan said:

Well his first big movie was Black Hawk Down, but he had about 6 minutes Screentime but this was his firs ´t Hollywood movie as well. But his first big was the one in Star Trek: Nemesis. But his breaktrough role was Eames in Inception.

Nemesis was mostly dismissed and skipped by almost everyone. Not on a scale of the crappy one after First contact, but it was still not very good. I do not remember him in either movie.

Inception for the win!

He was the main villain O.o.  But the movie wasn't that bad, first half was, but not the second.

Around the Network
pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:

Everyone talked about Drive, but that movie isn't a Hollywood blockbuster. Still an incredible movie.

Also, Gosling>>Jackman

Depends on individual opinions. And Gosling is certainly not the coolest actor in Hollywood. There is still Tom Hardy, Idris Elba, Will Smith, Liam Nesson, Chris Hemsworth, and others.

Chris Hemsworth is not cool, he is something women like but not cool per se. Idris Elba...I dunno about that one. Only remember his role in Thor lol. Will Smith is a different kind of cool, he is funny-cool. Liam Neeson is cool, I agree.

He was pretty cool in Thor and very very cool in Marvel´s Avengers. I liked him also in Cabin in the woods, even tough his role was not that big in this movie. And I have tyet to see Snowwhite and the Huntsman. Hemsworth had more wanna-watch-movies since Thor, then Gosling in his whole career. There is Gosling that I really want to see. If there is any you can suggest, then do so. It might change my opinion.

Idris Elba was in" the Wire", "The Losers ", "Prometheus" and "Rock´n Rolla". Those are no blockbusters either but he is one of the most talented actors in Hollywood. For exmple his role in Prometheus is a rather small but he steals the show whenever he is on screen. He and Michael Fassbender made me not hate this otherwise below average movie.

Bold: Blue Valentine, Drive, Crazy Stupid Love, The Ides of March, Lars and the real girl and Gangster Squad (upcoming). It's not like Hemsworth has been an integral part of many movies. Only Thor, but he was one of many in Avengers. 

Ah, yes. I've yet to see The Wire. Don't remember him in RocknRolla. 

He was mumbles. I wanted to watch Drive but then I saw a JeremyJahns review about this movie. And he said it was boring and very slow paced. I hate movies like this.

Ides of march I will not see, Crazy Stupid Love I watched because of Emma Stone and it was OK but a bit gay. More of a girl game. And blue Valentine is a drama romance apparently.

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:

Bold: Blue Valentine, Drive, Crazy Stupid Love, The Ides of March, Lars and the real girl and Gangster Squad (upcoming). It's not like Hemsworth has been an integral part of many movies. Only Thor, but he was one of many in Avengers. 

Ah, yes. I've yet to see The Wire. Don't remember him in RocknRolla. 

He was mumbles. I wanted to watch Drive but then I saw a JeremyJahns review about this movie. And he said it was boring and very slow paced. I hate movies like this.

Ides of march I will not see, Crazy Stupid Love I watched because of Emma Stone and it was OK but a bit gay. More of a girl game. And blue Valentine is a drama romance apparently.

Well that would have to be the first time I've disagreed with Jeremy. The movie was AWESOMETACULAR. The most awesometacular movie of 2011 even. 

Lol. What do you want to see, nonstop action all the time? You asked about must see Gosling movies and I gave them to you. Can't argue with that many good movies in such a short time. 

No it doesn´t need to be nonstop Action. I have watched many slower paced movies like "The Hurt Locker" but not Romances or Political crap. But this is what I was telling you all the time. Hes movies are not apealling.

Signalstar said:
Drive is one of my favorite movies for that alone he has my respect.

However, Paul Newman is the coolest actor of all time IMO.

Other choices, Sean Connery, Cary Grant, Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney, Al Pacino are all really cool.

agree 100 %

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Coolest movie stars of all time for me would have to be Paul Newman, Cary Grant, Michael Caine, and James Stewart.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

I would say my favorite actor Denzel Washington, always cool, confident and smooth.