By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Is Ryan Gosling the coolest movie star the world has seen?

okr said:
VicViper said:
Meryl Streep is really a powerhouse.

I watched recently The Iron Lady and wow. That one after dying is undoubtedly entering the high pantheon of actors

She entered that pantheon already about 30 years ago. She's brilliant. But cool? No.

I meant Pantheon of dead actors... even harder to get a place there, as history usually forgets a lot of greats.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
I used to hate James Franco (blame Spider-man I guess), but his work on 127 hours changed my mind and he became one of my favorites

Then he made Planet of the Apes and I started to not like him again...

watch his college humor stuff.

Franco, who I also used to dislike, is actually a very cool guy and total older brother type.

maybe if all the world were hipsters yeh

already infinitely more valid choices in this thread, proud of you guys ;_;

And here i thought i was the only one :/

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

theprof00 said:
VicViper said:
I used to hate James Franco (blame Spider-man I guess), but his work on 127 hours changed my mind and he became one of my favorites

Then he made Planet of the Apes and I started to not like him again...

watch his college humor stuff.

Franco, who I also used to dislike, is actually a very cool guy and total older brother type.

Will do, thanks.

And yes, he's a very cool guy. Big bugeted movies maybe are not his forté, though, because no matter how bad the movie was (that scarred Harry Osborn in Spider Man 3 was too much even for a mexican soap opera), I don't feel like he tries very hard in them. While in 127 hours an Milk he was great.

EDIT: Oh, and Flyboys... damn, that was bad!! :D

Around the Network

Whats not to like? :)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

spurgeonryan said:
okr said:

No, as everyone knows this honor goes to Steve McQueen and can't be revoked.

I enjoyed him the most in The Great Esacape.

I'll never understand why many people seem to prefer The Great Escape over Bullitt, The Getaway, The Thomas Crown Affair, The Magnificent Seven, The Cincinnati Kid, The Sand Pebbles or even Papillon. But to each their own.

VicViper said:

This guy was cool when being cool was still not cool

You mean : This guy was cool when being cool was still not cool and therefore COOL  unlike today where people that try to be cool usually are wannabes   :)

I've known Ryan Gosling since he was on Breaker High back in the 90s. He was by far the best character on that show.

P.S. I'm a straight guy, but I'm more than willing to admit that I have a crush on him.

If I'm gonna be turned gay it'll be for Matt Bomer, not Ryan Gosling.

But no, the coolest movie star is clearly Denzel Washington or Will Smith.