By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Is Ryan Gosling the coolest movie star the world has seen?

See, some people know what cool is. Sean Connery, Clint Eastwood, Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart, James Dean, Paul Newman, and Steve McQueen all have been named and all are very cool.

Charles Bronson, Robert DeNiro, Harrison Ford, and so many others could be listed.  Gosling isn't even on the radar of cool.  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

pezus said:
Meh, people mentioning old-timers like they're still cool . Gosling is new-wave cool

The problem is that in the thread you asked who the coolest movie star of all time is.  It most certainly isn't Gosling.  He wouldn't even be on the list.  

Now if you are asking who the coolest is now...  I'll go with Daniel Craig.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Bronson was a very strange film.

amp316 said:
pezus said:
Meh, people mentioning old-timers like they're still cool . Gosling is new-wave cool

The problem is that in the thread you asked who the coolest movie star of all time is.  It most certainly isn't Gosling.  He wouldn't even be on the list.  

Now if you are asking who the coolest is now...  I'll go with Daniel Craig.

I would agree with that but Im not sure if hes only cool because hes Bond.

Around the Network

Have you guys seen Driver!? SO awesome, this guy is such a badass actor.

My opinion about Gosling:
Ryan Gosling is one of the rising stars in Hollywood. He is a really talnted and diverse actor. But he doesn´t have this one role where you can say "This is it" a role that defines the career of an actor.He has no real Blockbuster movie a movie about which everybody will talk. Like Christopher Nolans"Batman" or every other Christopher Nolan movie. This is just the best Director on the planet. Gosling needs a role that can define him. Right now when you here "A Ryan Goslin movie" people think "And who else?" But when you hear a "Hugh Jackmann movie" the reaction is wheter "Awesome"(because they know him as Wolverine) or "The dude from X-Men right"
That is my opinion about Gosling.

pezus said:

Everyone talked about Drive, but that movie isn't a Hollywood blockbuster. Still an incredible movie.

Also, Gosling>>Jackman

Depends on individual opinions. And Gosling is certainly not the coolest actor in Hollywood. There is still Tom Hardy, Idris Elba, Will Smith, Liam Nesson, Chris Hemsworth, and others.

I don't know about the coolest but he's sure easy on the eyes (and he's Canadian!!).

Signature goes here!

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:

Everyone talked about Drive, but that movie isn't a Hollywood blockbuster. Still an incredible movie.

Also, Gosling>>Jackman

Depends on individual opinions. And Gosling is certainly not the coolest actor in Hollywood. There is still Tom Hardy, Idris Elba, Will Smith, Liam Nesson, Chris Hemsworth, and others.

Chris Hemsworth is not cool, he is something women like but not cool per se. Idris Elba...I dunno about that one. Only remember his role in Thor lol. Will Smith is a different kind of cool, he is funny-cool. Liam Neeson is cool, I agree.

He was pretty cool in Thor and very very cool in Marvel´s Avengers. I liked him also in Cabin in the woods, even tough his role was not that big in this movie. And I have tyet to see Snowwhite and the Huntsman. Hemsworth had more wanna-watch-movies since Thor, then Gosling in his whole career. There is Gosling that I really want to see. If there is any you can suggest, then do so. It might change my opinion.

Idris Elba was in" the Wire", "The Losers ", "Prometheus" and "Rock´n Rolla". Those are no blockbusters either but he is one of the most talented actors in Hollywood. For exmple his role in Prometheus is a rather small but he steals the show whenever he is on screen. He and Michael Fassbender made me not hate this otherwise below average movie.