By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA sent ME3 on Wii U to die.

Khuutra said:
pokoko said:
Not following the idea that ME3 being released at full price on the Wii U means EA wants to beat up Nintendo. Wouldn't that also mean that EA hates Sony? I mean, oh em gee, ME2 released at full price on the PS3! I see it now, EA hates the Japanese and possibly aliens.

The only questionable move is the announcement of the Trilogy edition. It would have been smarter to wait a month, but would it really have made a difference? If you already own a PS3/360/PC, and you were interested in the franchise, then you've probably played the Mass Effect games already. If you don't, and you're upgrading from the Wii, then you're going to have to pay full price for the latest game, JUST LIKE ON THE PS3, which fits in with EA's past practices. The only difference here, unlike on the PS3, is that you know a Trilogy version exists, so you can get it elsewhere or wait to see if it releases on the Wii U. So, in effect, the announcement is good for gamers.

It's unrealistic to think that EA isn't going to try to get full price for ME3 on a different console when they've done the exact same thing before.

Regardless, I blame the liberal media for this entire issue.

That's actually not true, as I remember; ME2 launched at $20 on the PS3 with all DLC sans Arrival included.

You remember wrong.  ME3 was not 20 dollars at the time.  I worked games retail at the time, and had quite a few customers gripe about the price.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Khuutra said:

That's actually not true, as I remember; ME2 launched at $20 on the PS3 with all DLC sans Arrival included.

You remember wrong.  ME3 was not 20 dollars at the time.  I worked games retail at the time, and had quite a few customers gripe about the price.

Thing is that I did too, I just can't remember the actual price

I'm pretty sure it wasn't $60, but I guess it could have been

Vita's a bad example. Everyone knows Western devs/publishers couldn't really care less about handhelds

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Not sure if this will help or anything, but someone created something similar to Operation Rainfall on Twitter. I saw it over at IGN and thought I'd pass it along.

https://twitter.com/i/#!/search/realtime/%23OperationNormandy

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

That's not how business works. EA is doing whatever they think will result in the highest amount of profit, just like every other company. (And releasing a game that they expect will sell poorly just to justify not releasing more games that they expect will sell poorly makes no sense at all. They would rather release nothing in that case.) They could have chosen not to release the game at all, and no one would give a shit since the game has been out for a while. But they expect good things to come out of this.

...Either that or Nintendo paid them to release the game.

That's how a business should work.

But take a look at EA history. Their sentiment towards the NES. Their deliberate sabotage of Joe Montana Football. Their reverse-engineering of the Sega Megadrive. Bernie Stolar's interview where he reveals why EA never supported the Dreamcast. etc etc

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Vita's a bad example. Everyone knows Western devs/publishers couldn't really care less about handhelds

So... they also made Madden for Vita because they needed an excuse to not develop for that?  And how about the missing features of Madden 2006 for X-Box 360?

Lyrikalstylez said:
a company supports a console and you guys still cry a company doesnt you still cry...I dont get it

You expect people to cheer for an athlete who either throws the game or just plain sucks? Generally sports fans hate those guys more than athletes who just sit on the sidelines and watch.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

KungKras said:

That's how a business should work.

But take a look at EA history. Their sentiment towards the NES. Their deliberate sabotage of Joe Montana Football. Their reverse-engineering of the Sega Megadrive. Bernie Stolar's interview where he reveals why EA never supported the Dreamcast. etc etc

Wasn't the main reason that 2k sport games are superior to EA sport games. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
its the same as bayonetta 2 on wiiU , do i see anyone of you saying bayonetta was sent to die?

/facepalm.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

That's not how business works. EA is doing whatever they think will result in the highest amount of profit, just like every other company. (And releasing a game that they expect will sell poorly just to justify not releasing more games that they expect will sell poorly makes no sense at all. They would rather release nothing in that case.) They could have chosen not to release the game at all, and no one would give a shit since the game has been out for a while. But they expect good things to come out of this.

...Either that or Nintendo paid them to release the game.

Would they really rather release nothing at all?  Take Madden 3DS for example.  This is from a review on Gameinformer.com:

Though the gridiron action won’t get EA booed off the field, the questionable decision-making regarding the game modes will. Madden 3DS features no multiplayer or franchise modes. All you get is a bare bones season mode that doesn’t even keep track of your season stats (a feature that even Tecmo Super Bowl mustered on feeble NES technology). You can play a full season, half season, or the playoffs. That’s it. No draft, no player trades, and no contract negotiations with free agents.

In an era where millions of football fans obsess over stats, build fantasy teams, and even tune in to watch NFL combine drills, I’m not sure what audience EA is targeting by stripping Madden of its core multiplayer and franchise mode features. Nintendo handhelds may not always attract hardcore gamers, but that doesn’t mean football fans who own the devices don’t want a fully featured game.

Now, does EA think that stripping down a game like that will "yield the highest amount of profit"?  I have seen this game on sale NEW for $7.50 because the retailer is struggling to give it away.