By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 1 coming to PS3 (ME Trilogy)

pezus said:
DélioPT said:
I honestly don`t undertand why this trilogy isn`t coming to Wii U. Can you imagine what the impact would be of a trilogy in Wii U`s launch? 3 games for the same price as any other game would make people more willing to buy it since it would provide a bigger value for the same money.

I don`t know if a port, even if it comes out at a later date, will make an impact.

It's also 3 times the work for them to port over

True. But they could adapt work done on ME3 and apply it to the other versions. If i remember correctly, the developers said the port started even before the game came out, so, if there was a plan around that time, they could have had time to do the port, i think.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Turkish said:

Hey, how are you Dokuta Tenma?

Tenma?

lol

Anyway I love this anime/manga... there are news about a movie too but I think it's cancelled.

I'll finally give this series a shot. I hope the story is as engaging as i've been told. 

EDITED

4 ≈ One

S.T.A.G.E. said:
fillet said:
Khuutra said:
badgenome said:
Khuutra said:

We all look back at Garrus and think "He's so cool and funny, what a bad-ass" but none of that showed in ME1 at all

Haha, yeah. He was such an earnest, well-meaning, stick-in-the-mud dorkball in ME1. My heart leapt when I caught up to him in ME2 and he had become the turian I always knew he could be.

ME1 laid a great foundation for things to come, but I really don't see how anyone can really think it's the best of the series in either writing (hey my names ashley n i hate aleins lolz! yay humies!) or gameplay (a footshot is just as good as a headshot!).

Looking at the tone of my previous posts, it looks like I don't like ME1.

This is not the case. ME1 is really a very good game, even great. I enjoyed it immensely, and it's one of my favorite RPGs in a long time.

But the perspective of time and superior sequels really highlights the way in which the game fell short, and the idyllic way that a lot of people see the game doesn't make a ton of sense to me

Couldn't agree more.

ME1 was not a "AAA" game when it was released, most people overlooked it. PS3 fans rubbished it and said it was boring etc etc.

....Oh look now, there's some notable faces in this thread who may well fall into the list of PS3 fans who called it out quoting the "bad frame rate". "poor texture loading"...

(Of course, they hadn't actually played the game).

ME1 was AAA in from the 2005-2007 region of development after Kotor was finished at Bioware. The bugs were all apart of usual first game issues, but it was still amazing nevertheless. The game was expected to have an increased production value and doubly so after being purchased by EA after the first game showed how popular the first was. 

AAA isn't a personal view, it's a market view. The market view was that it was a mess...at the time. (of course now we all love it like it was the brother we lost at birth and suddenly turned up and we embrace with open arms)

It wasn't tripple AAA.

(IMO it was, but that means nothing).

I thought 2 was the best. Morinth mission . Suicide mission I liked more than anything in 3. Me3 only had 1 city hub too.

Level design was the bad last 2 compaired to other shooters imo

Around the Network

will pick this up!!!

this is probably a yes...but is all the DLC included?

fillet said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
fillet said:
Khuutra said:
badgenome said:
Khuutra said:

We all look back at Garrus and think "He's so cool and funny, what a bad-ass" but none of that showed in ME1 at all

Haha, yeah. He was such an earnest, well-meaning, stick-in-the-mud dorkball in ME1. My heart leapt when I caught up to him in ME2 and he had become the turian I always knew he could be.

ME1 laid a great foundation for things to come, but I really don't see how anyone can really think it's the best of the series in either writing (hey my names ashley n i hate aleins lolz! yay humies!) or gameplay (a footshot is just as good as a headshot!).

Looking at the tone of my previous posts, it looks like I don't like ME1.

This is not the case. ME1 is really a very good game, even great. I enjoyed it immensely, and it's one of my favorite RPGs in a long time.

But the perspective of time and superior sequels really highlights the way in which the game fell short, and the idyllic way that a lot of people see the game doesn't make a ton of sense to me

Couldn't agree more.

ME1 was not a "AAA" game when it was released, most people overlooked it. PS3 fans rubbished it and said it was boring etc etc.

....Oh look now, there's some notable faces in this thread who may well fall into the list of PS3 fans who called it out quoting the "bad frame rate". "poor texture loading"...

(Of course, they hadn't actually played the game).

ME1 was AAA in from the 2005-2007 region of development after Kotor was finished at Bioware. The bugs were all apart of usual first game issues, but it was still amazing nevertheless. The game was expected to have an increased production value and doubly so after being purchased by EA after the first game showed how popular the first was. 

AAA isn't a personal view, it's a market view. The market view was that it was a mess...at the time. (of course now we all love it like it was the brother we lost at birth and suddenly turned up and we embrace with open arms)

It wasn't tripple AAA.

(IMO it was, but that means nothing).

AAA is a budget level at which the production was created and invested in for marketing and other things. Mass Effect in that time period was one of the newer projects that had nothing like it coming out of the west. The market view at that time was coming off of an extremely successful generation which gave birth to numerous branded franchises namely dominated by the Japanese while the west was struggling with RPG's (Mind you). Back then when you heard a criticism about western RPG's the word was generally a "souless" game, but Bioware was always the shining example since the Xbox days that western RPG's could be more.

Mass Effect came at the very beginning of this gen and with so many falling companies that made great games its one of the names that made it out alive. ME1's attention to detail in its own universe should be considered a Star Wars of the gaming realm. Lucas Arts has been looking for a game of its calibur for years and little did we know that the very people who made KOTOR for them would kick the doors of gaming industry open to look at it and hold the banner for western RPG's. When people remember what took peoples eyes away from JRPG's for ten seconds besides the lack of great JRPG's this gen, the first Mass Effect will be the name a lot of people bring up. Thats a heavy, yet very high pedestal to be on. EA's commercial power helped the franchise sell even more than expected so truly kudos for that. This franchise will be sure to continue next gen.

that is awesome me1 trophy hunting time. platinum the series

Lucky PS3 gamers. The mass effect trilogy is AWESOME!!!! One of the greatest storylines in any game this generation! For those who have not yet tried the awesomeness that is Mass Effect now you have ABSOLUTELY no reason not to enjoy it!

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Kantor said:
Riachu said:
You'd think that they would have ported ME1 to the PS3 before they ported ME2 and 3 but EA's decisions aren't always the most logical. XD

There must have been some legal obstacles for ME1, since it was initially published by Microsoft. I do wonder how they've got past those even now.

EA bought BioWare and the ME IP only a few months after MGS published the game on the X360.  7 months later, EA published ME on the PC.

The rEVOLution is not being televised