By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 1 coming to PS3 (ME Trilogy)

Based on the responses of this thread, I have concluded that ME1 was an over-hyped game on par with ME3 (if not slightly better) and thus does not warrant a full price purchase. Fingers crossed on a PS+ discount.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

Hey after 5 years, why not let em have it. I seriously hope I dont see PS3 fans (outside this forum offcourse) gloating at this news lol.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

chapset said:
let me get this thread going by saying: Bayonetta 2 and ps360

my thoughts exactly :)

sales2099 said:
Hey after 5 years, why not let em have it. I seriously hope I dont see PS3 fans (outside this forum offcourse) gloating at this news lol.

A lot of PS3 owners who had a PC probably played it already. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:

A lot of PS3 owners who had a PC probably played it already. 

Yep we did.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
Based on the responses of this thread, I have concluded that ME1 was an over-hyped game on par with ME3 (if not slightly better) and thus does not warrant a full price purchase. Fingers crossed on a PS+ discount.

You conclude wrong.

It wasn't overhyped, quite the opposite. It was made out to be a mess of a game with lots of technical problems. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty darn close, from a story telling perspective it was truely engrossing stuff.

I would disagree with ME3 comment too...gameplay wise it's a refinement on ME2 but it's story is lacking that is true, but only lacking compared to ME1 and 2. Compreed to other games it still kicks ass.

fillet said:
adriane23 said:

You conclude wrong.

I can't conclude wrong on my own opinion of what is considered over-hyped sir.

It wasn't overhyped, quite the opposite. It was made out to be a mess of a game with lots of technical problems. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty darn close, from a story telling perspective it was truely engrossing stuff.

Though it probably should have been, it wasn't made out to be a mess. The technical issues were mentioned in most reviews, but quickly dismissed, much like the majority of issues are dismissed in Bethesda games. I'm still hoping the story telling wasn't over-hyped, so i actually wasn't referring to that aspect of the game.

I would disagree with ME3 comment too...gameplay wise it's a refinement on ME2 but it's story is lacking that is true, but only lacking compared to ME1 and 2. Compreed to other games it still kicks ass.

Compared to other games, ME3's story is complete nonsense. From start to finish, it was a joke.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

mass effect 2 AND 3 are the best games of all time nough said

Glad for PS3-only owners. I think Mass Effect is the worst game in the series (it's clunky and has a horrible inventory system, and none of the characters are up to the level of Mordin/Thane/Javik), but the story is genuinely cool with lots of fun choices.

EA is insane for not launching Mass Effect Trilogy on the Wii U. That would have sold copies.

Intel i7-8086k @ 5.1 GHz | Asus Maximus X Hero | 32GB Ballistix Sport LT 2400Mhz RAM | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti