By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Everything that is wrong with mainstream videogame advertisement, in a HARDCORE video.

Tagged games:

It was figured out a long time ago that image sold a product more than showing the product. At least, for sure in the USA, I cannot remember who started it, in which cigarette companies are one of the early examples, with images like the Marlboro Man standing out the most. Modern advertising does try portray an image of who you are by using it. Apple is a big user of this method, but everyone does it now.

I am glad I know enough about Fable to know that this on rails game would probably be worse than is the averagness of the mainline fable series. The British accents are weird.

Another early benifactor to selling through image was absolute vodka.

Around the Network

nothing wrong with it,just your typical PR.

Microsoft adverts been trying too hard way too much lately.

chocoloco said:

It was figured out a long time ago that image sold a product more than showing the product. At least, for sure in the USA, I cannot remember who started it, in which cigarette companies are one of the early examples, with images like the Marlboro Man standing out the most. Modern advertising does try portray an image of who you are by using it. Apple is a big user of this method, but everyone does it now.

I am glad I know enough about Fable to know that this on rails game would probably be worse than is the averagness of the mainline fable series. The British accents are weird.

Image works better in products with low differentiation, like cigarettes, soda, or food.

While image helps companies like Apple, for instance, what makes the difference in Apple's case is a fundamentally solid user experience that meshes well with the image presented. But if you're working in a field with high product differentiation, your product better be able to back up your image, or you'll get sunk real quick.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I don't get it, it's just an advertisement

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Around the Network

What's wrong with it? It is a core gamer saying how hardcore is Fable Kinect.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mr Khan said:
chocoloco said:

Image works better in products with low differentiation, like cigarettes, soda, or food.

While image helps companies like Apple, for instance, what makes the difference in Apple's case is a fundamentally solid user experience that meshes well with the image presented. But if you're working in a field with high product differentiation, your product better be able to back up your image, or you'll get sunk real quick.

The earliest apple ipod advertisements that did nothing, but portray a an image and propelled the company back to success very quickly.. It shows people jamming to music, happy, joyful, energetic and possibly amiable. All qualities most people want in themselves, it in no way shows how the product is better than competitors.

Nice ones Choco. Here's Coca Cola:

Says nothing about the product. I guess OP advert is actually better than these we're posting, but still a far cry from what it should/could be. I guess the shadier the game, the shadier the commercial.

yeah... to me they look like actors.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

How ironic. This commercial will most certainly scare away gamers who label themselves "hardcore", rather than catching their interest.

And casuals probably don't generally care about this series in the first place.