By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How would voter ID laws prevent non-U.S citizens from voting?

how does this even work in usa? can't only people vote in usa who get an "invite" per mail from the government/city/state some weeks before election day?

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

how does this even work in usa? can't only people vote in usa who get an "invite" per mail from the government/city/state some weeks before election day?

Here you register once as a voter for where you live as long as you live there, and you only have to "check in" at the polling place on election day.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Wouldnt it be stupid to like give them your ID etc and then vote? And the next day the party van is taking you to the desert or something?

Because you voted for the "wrong" person?

JazzB1987 said:
Wouldnt it be stupid to like give them your ID etc and then vote? And the next day the party van is taking you to the desert or something?

Because you voted for the "wrong" person?

Maybe I am misunderstanding you.  The way the ID laws work is you show you ID when you do vote, and you keep your ID.

Apparently though, if there is voter fraud, it very seldom involves the part of people pretending to be others when voting.  There have been issues raised with the Diebold voting machines and others though.  And the video I posted did show that when non-citizens did register, they were able to gain the right to vote, eventhough they shouldn't have.  And both political parties are yelling about people being denied the ability to have their votes counted that should.  I saw one GOP site complaining about absintee ballots of military people being thrown out, they said should be counted.  This was back in 2000.

Very little of this has do with voter integrity.  It is all about getting votes for your side to count.  Like, I believe in Ohio, the GOP only wanted to give the right to vote early to military folk only and the Democrats wanted it to be everyone.

Well I was thinking that its standard procedure to send mails to people who are allowed to vote (because they are registered citizens) tell them where and when to vote  and let them bring the letter and their ID to proof they are the people that were "invited"  and then let them vote.

I didn't think there would be a country that lets anyone vote   I mean  I could vote like 10000 times this way right?  I could pretend I am another person everytime or wouldn't this work with the current system?

So I thought the ID thing was to link the vote to a person which would make it  non-anonymous.  (Seems I expected the worst from this control freak government lol)

I always thought US voters vote at voting machines  and would now be required to insert their ID or something.

I guess I just was to lazy to read the whole story and misunderstood :)  (I didnt watch the video because it said ALIENS  and I was thinking of E.T. etc.)  LOL

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

Just charge all the illegals with 3rd degree felonies that checked the US citizen box. They will then be added to the felony list and not be able to vote. We could just make entering this country illegally a felony thus ensuring illegals won't be able to ever vote.  We can then put them in private prisons and make them do work for pennies on the dollar. 

We could put them on a plantation prison like that one in Louisiana. The current stigma is they pick vegetables already so they should fit in well.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Mr Khan said:
Racism

It's days are numbered in Pennsylvania, hopefully.

It's racist to not let illegal aliens vote?

richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:
Require a social security number to vote or an ID form that requires a social security number/green card number.

The system looks like it is full of holes now.  Because of this, I was asking how, under current conditions, is adding a voter ID requirement going to address the issue?

I thought that would be obvious based on the parameters I gave.

The hole in the video here is that illegal aliens are being able to register by lieing by checking  a box.

With the above change... to vote... they would need to provide ID that requries a social security card or citizenship card to get.

Even if you are an illegal alien who registers thanks to lieing, you now can't vote because you can't get the ID needed to prove you are who you are.

Even if you are that person.

Thing is that an ID only prevents one thing, that being that someone is not who they claim.  How does someone go in and vote if they aren't registered?  The place to stop non-U.S citizens from voting is NOT with the ID, but in the voter registration process.  Again, the only fraud issue is someone faking someone else.  And that is the ONLY think that the whole vote fraud bruhaha is over at this point.  And a main byproduct isn't voter fraud, but to make it so individuals less likely to vote Republican won't be able to vote.

What?

I just explained how a voter ID would stop people who registered illegaly!

People register illegally because you don't have to show proof you are a US citizen.

The strict voter ID laws require you to show US Citizenship to prove who you are...

Here... let me give you an example.

Say Wayne Gretzky flys down to florida from canada and registers to vote.  He checks the box saying he's a US Citizen.

Now Wayne Gretzky goes to vote on voting day....

To vote... Wayne Gretzky will need to prove he's Wayne Gretzky by showing a Drivers liscense or State ID that

To get a State Picture ID,  Wayne Gretzky will need to provide his birth certificate and social security number.

'

Wayne Gretzky will NOT be able to produce either of these.

So despite registering illegally Wayne Gretzky can't vote, because he can't prove he's Wayne Gretzky.

crissindahouse said:

What generally happens in the USA... which varies by state is... but generally.

You register to vote at age 18.  (Or whenever you want)  You check a box claiming your a US citizen. (Nobody checks if your telling the truth.)   You are assigned a polling place.

Then on election day, you go to your polling place.   Say your name.(or somebody elses)   They give you a ballot and you vote.

Anytime you move you reregister to get your new polling place.   That's pretty much it.

Mr Khan said:
Racism

It's days are numbered in Pennsylvania, hopefully.

In PA? Home of Philadelphia? One of the biggest epicenters of vote fraud in human history? I can't believe I just read this.

Philly is also the wondeful town where a Black Panhter hung out outside a polling place in '08 carrying a nigtstick to intimidate voters and of which our current, wondeful, pres' DOJ refused to prosecute. Prominent *black* members of the 60s civil rights movment actually stated they had never seen anything like it.

FYI: Philly is one of those cities that has such a large pop that it distorts the politics of the *entire* state. The crimi--, err, politicians running the state know this and it I'll give you one guess as to which party this benefits in elections at every level of govt...