By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that it's going to be massively bundled, can UNCHARTED 3 TOP 10 MILLION LTD SALES?

Tagged games:

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:

Indeed. With its 90%+ bundle ratio, Wii Sports has outsold every other game, ever.

Aside from Angry Birds and Bejewelled if course. I dont see how that (or Wii Sports) has anything to do with an Uncharted sales thread though.

"Highest selling TPS of the generation?" That's what Wii Sports has to do with "an Uncharted sales thread."

Error 404: Sense not found.

I don't get your joke, could you please explain?

Around the Network

Why can't Sony bundle more deserving games, the Uncharted franchise is so mediocre. My theory for why it's fairly popular and often liked is because it appeals to children, philistines, people who like shallow stories and mind-numbingly easy gameplay, many gamers nowadays fit into these categories, all they care about is spectacle over substance.

Uncharted 3 will probably end up between 6.5-7 million, not impressive at all considering it's unarguably by far the most bundled non-kinect game on the HD consoles. And no matter how high its lifetime sales appear to be it will NOT and should NOT be considered the highest selling TPS this generation when Gears of War sells between 6-7 million with very little bundling. Also Gears of War sells tons more at full price which is why Gears of War is already a billion dollar franchise and Uncharted is nowhere near that. And for anyone interested, Gears of War is also the highest rated TPS series this generation with the trilogy averaging 92.86 whereas the Uncharted trilogy averages 92.64 (Source: GameRankings).

And why do you say 'Now that it's going to be massively bundled'? It has been bundled massively worldwide since its release, the relentless mass bundling never stopped. Uncharted 3 would only reach 4.5 million maximum lifetime if it wasn't for all the mass bundling.

phenom08 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:

Indeed. With its 90%+ bundle ratio, Wii Sports has outsold every other game, ever.

Aside from Angry Birds and Bejewelled if course. I dont see how that (or Wii Sports) has anything to do with an Uncharted sales thread though.

"Highest selling TPS of the generation?" That's what Wii Sports has to do with "an Uncharted sales thread."

Well, Carl said that Wii Sports has "outsold every game, ever", and then proceeded to ask what Wii Sports has to do with a thread where Uncharted sales are discussed. From that point of view, your post didn't make any sense at all (though I can see where you're coming from as well).

...or maybe you wanted to have the 404 reference explained? :)

No way actually

phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:

Wii Sports isnt a Third Person Shooter. Uncharted is.

What are you even talking about?

Ok lol, anyways it's funny seeing you trying to claim Uncharted 3 could become the "Highest selling TPS of the generation" because of mass bundling but ofcourse Wii Sports doesn't count as the highest selling game of all time because of mass bundling. Is it really that hard to admit you are wrong?

Firstly, why are you still arguing about Wii Sports? I already said its the best selling game of alk time (If you dont count the games that sold more).

Secondly, it has nothing to do with my question. Bundles or not. Can Uncharted 3 now become the best selling TPS of the generation?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:
phenom08 said:

Wii Sports isnt a Third Person Shooter. Uncharted is.

What are you even talking about?

Ok lol, anyways it's funny seeing you trying to claim Uncharted 3 could become the "Highest selling TPS of the generation" because of mass bundling but ofcourse Wii Sports doesn't count as the highest selling game of all time because of mass bundling. Is it really that hard to admit you are wrong?

Firstly, why are you still arguing about Wii Sports? I already said its the best selling game of alk time (If you dont count the games that sold more).

Secondly, it has nothing to do with my question. Bundles or not. Can Uncharted 3 now become the best selling TPS of the generation?

Damn it Carl. I guess you have been here too long. We'll meet again one day.

On- topic carry on, and yes it would become the highest selling 3rd person shooter

Edit: So you can't use this as proof of me doing what I do.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
phenom08 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
phenom08 said:
Carl2291 said:

Well, Carl said that Wii Sports has "outsold every game, ever", and then proceeded to ask what Wii Sports has to do with a thread where Uncharted sales are discussed. From that point of view, your post didn't make any sense at all (though I can see where you're coming from as well).

...or maybe you wanted to have the 404 reference explained? :)

Well I was talking about the 404 reference but yea I admitted defeat to Carl again. What I said didn't make any sense because he didn't fall for it.

JustThatGamer said:
Why can't Sony bundle more deserving games, the Uncharted franchise is so mediocre. My theory for why it's fairly popular and often liked is because it appeals to children, philistines, people who like shallow stories and mind-numbingly easy gameplay, many gamers nowadays fit into these categories, all they care about is spectacle over substance.

Uncharted 3 will probably end up between 6.5-7 million, not impressive at all considering it's unarguably by far the most bundled non-kinect game on the HD consoles. And no matter how high its lifetime sales appear to be it will NOT and should NOT be considered the highest selling TPS this generation when Gears of War sells between 6-7 million with very little bundling. Also Gears of War sells tons more at full price which is why Gears of War is already a billion dollar franchise and Uncharted is nowhere near that. And for anyone interested, Gears of War is also the highest rated TPS series this generation with the trilogy averaging 92.86 whereas the Uncharted trilogy averages 92.64 (Source: GameRankings).

And why do you say 'Now that it's going to be massively bundled'? It has been bundled massively worldwide since its release, the relentless mass bundling never stopped. Uncharted 3 would only reach 4.5 million maximum lifetime if it wasn't for all the mass bundling.

Yeah, they should totally bundle it with another PS3 exclusive. Not God of War 3 though, that game sucks.

brendude13 said:
JustThatGamer said:

Yeah, they should totally bundle it with another PS3 exclusive. Not God of War 3 though, that game sucks.

LMAO, I see what you did there.

uh no first the US will also see $250 250gb non bundle ps3s aswell, and 500gb models so the UC3 $270 one isnt the only available sku you'll see at stores

i dont think it will reach 10 9 8 or even 7 mill b/c i dont think the total amount of these UC3 bundles will be that big, like i and a few others have prophesized in 2011 6M is really the limit

Play Me