By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that it's going to be massively bundled, can UNCHARTED 3 TOP 10 MILLION LTD SALES?

Tagged games:

BHR-3 said:
uh no first the US will also see $250 250gb non bundle ps3s aswell, and 500gb models so the UC3 $270 one isnt the only available sku you'll see at stores

i dont think it will reach 10 9 8 or even 7 mill b/c i dont think the total amount of these UC3 bundles will be that big, like i and a few others have prophesized in 2011 6M is really the limit

Do you still think 360 will top PS3 in 2012 btw,i remember you said it will in early this year

Around the Network

Depends how long the bundle lasts. It doesn't have a chance if it's only for a few months.

pezus said:
JustThatGamer said:
Why can't Sony bundle more deserving games, the Uncharted franchise is so mediocre. My theory for why it's fairly popular and often liked is because it appeals to children, philistines, people who like shallow stories and mind-numbingly easy gameplay, many gamers nowadays fit into these categories, all they care about is spectacle over substance.

Uncharted 3 will probably end up between 6.5-7 million, not impressive at all considering it's unarguably by far the most bundled non-kinect game on the HD consoles. And no matter how high its lifetime sales appear to be it will NOT and should NOT be considered the highest selling TPS this generation when Gears of War sells between 6-7 million with very little bundling. Also Gears of War sells tons more at full price which is why Gears of War is already a billion dollar franchise and Uncharted is nowhere near that. And for anyone interested, Gears of War is also the highest rated TPS series this generation with the trilogy averaging 92.86 whereas the Uncharted trilogy averages 92.64 (Source: GameRankings).

And why do you say 'Now that it's going to be massively bundled'? It has been bundled massively worldwide since its release, the relentless mass bundling never stopped. Uncharted 3 would only reach 4.5 million maximum lifetime if it wasn't for all the mass bundling.

Sigh...do I have to read this in every thread that has anything to do with Uncharted from you?

OT: Uhm...who says it is going to be massively bundled? This could be a temporary holiday bundle for all we know.

It's his opinion so he is more than welcome to it. I don't think it sucks but yea it is definitely targeting children, like most of Sony's platforms. If it is a holiday bundle then it would be lucky to even get to 7M.

D-Joe said:
BHR-3 said:
uh no first the US will also see $250 250gb non bundle ps3s aswell, and 500gb models so the UC3 $270 one isnt the only available sku you'll see at stores

i dont think it will reach 10 9 8 or even 7 mill b/c i dont think the total amount of these UC3 bundles will be that big, like i and a few others have prophesized in 2011 6M is really the limit

Do you still think 360 will top PS3 in 2012 btw,i remember you said it will in early this year

no i dont think it will happen but im rooting for it to happen as i made the thread last fall for it to happen as i did with the ps3 in 2010 for 2011 also dislike some of the desicions sony has made with the PS3

ms has yet to drop from the $200 price tag of the 360 for awhile now and could have something left for the holidays if $150 happens and has at least one killer exclusive yet to release with halo where as sony exclusives release next year or later

Play Me

Carl2291 said:
All depends on how long its bundled for.

I can see 8 Million though. Highest selling TPS of the generation?

What's the highest selling TPS of the generation? Gears of War 2?

If so, it would also be the highest selling TPS ever.

Around the Network

"definitely targeting children, like most of Sony's platforms"

@phenom08
your delusional trolling is really getting annoying

pezus said:
Bristow9091 said:
Americans don't seem to be bothered as much for Uncharted 3, look at the drop in sales compared to Uncharted 2, it's a million behind, whereas the franchise has grown with each game in the EU (Yeah, only just topping the sales of the second game, but shush, this is the US we're talking about!)

What they should do, is bundle the new PS3 with the Uncharted trilogy, that'd be a better idea and give more value to the bundle... and raise the sales of all three games!

Anyway, as for Uncharted 3 reaching 10? Absolutely no way, even with this bundle I can only see it reaching 6.5-7m, infact, if Uncharted 2 carries on selling, I honestly can't even see it beating it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=USA&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=Uncharted+3%3A+Drake%27s+Deception+%28PS3%29+%5B49054%5D&game%5B%5D=Uncharted+2%3A+Among+Thieves+%28PS3%29+%5B28733%5D&game%5B%5D=Uncharted%3A+Drake%27s+Fortune+%28PS3%29+%5B12778%5D&game%5B%5D=

It's ahead in USA, launches aligned, and will get further ahead with the new bundle I think.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Europe&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=Uncharted+3%3A+Drake%27s+Deception+%28PS3%29+%5B49054%5D&game%5B%5D=Uncharted+2%3A+Among+Thieves+%28PS3%29+%5B28733%5D&game%5B%5D=Uncharted%3A+Drake%27s+Fortune+%28PS3%29+%5B12778%5D&game%5B%5D=

Vastly ahead in Europe though!

its also around .5 million undertracked. according to the numbers sony released a couple months ago.

8 milliom possible.

The unique exclusive on PS3 to sell over 10 million is GT5.

Bristow9091 said: 
Yeah this is what I think, the only PS3 exclusive that can sell over 10m is Gran Turismo 5, but it's going to need bundling too, there's no way it can do it on its own, which is a shame...

GT5 should sell 10 million without heavily bundle... the new Academy Edition will put it near 9 million at the end of this year.

pezus said:
What I want to know is why they aren't bundling the new slim with GT5 as well. FIFA+GT5 would be killer in Europe

I think is because there are a new version of GT5 releasing this week in Europe... bundle it now is nonsense.

room414 said:

"definitely targeting children, like most of Sony's platforms"

@phenom08
your delusional trolling is really getting annoying

Telling the truth isn't trolling, if it bothers you then read on.