By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that it's going to be massively bundled, can UNCHARTED 3 TOP 10 MILLION LTD SALES?

Tagged games:

killerzX said:
pezus said:
Bristow9091 said:
Americans don't seem to be bothered as much for Uncharted 3, look at the drop in sales compared to Uncharted 2, it's a million behind, whereas the franchise has grown with each game in the EU (Yeah, only just topping the sales of the second game, but shush, this is the US we're talking about!)

What they should do, is bundle the new PS3 with the Uncharted trilogy, that'd be a better idea and give more value to the bundle... and raise the sales of all three games!

Anyway, as for Uncharted 3 reaching 10? Absolutely no way, even with this bundle I can only see it reaching 6.5-7m, infact, if Uncharted 2 carries on selling, I honestly can't even see it beating it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=USA&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=Uncharted+3%3A+Drake%27s+Deception+%28PS3%29+%5B49054%5D&game%5B%5D=Uncharted+2%3A+Among+Thieves+%28PS3%29+%5B28733%5D&game%5B%5D=Uncharted%3A+Drake%27s+Fortune+%28PS3%29+%5B12778%5D&game%5B%5D=

It's ahead in USA, launches aligned, and will get further ahead with the new bundle I think.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Europe&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=Uncharted+3%3A+Drake%27s+Deception+%28PS3%29+%5B49054%5D&game%5B%5D=Uncharted+2%3A+Among+Thieves+%28PS3%29+%5B28733%5D&game%5B%5D=Uncharted%3A+Drake%27s+Fortune+%28PS3%29+%5B12778%5D&game%5B%5D=

Vastly ahead in Europe though!

its also around .5 million undertracked. according to the numbers sony released a couple months ago.

number sony releasd were shipped to retailer not sold to consumer

Around the Network

The holidays should only give it say 3-4 million tops.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

People hating on Uncharted just show how popular it has become.

pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:

Sigh...do I have to read this in every thread that has anything to do with Uncharted from you?

OT: Uhm...who says it is going to be massively bundled? This could be a temporary holiday bundle for all we know.

It's his opinion so he is more than welcome to it. I don't think it sucks but yea it is definitely targeting children, like most of Sony's platforms. If it is a holiday bundle then it would be lucky to even get to 7M.

Now I know you're just trying to stir shit up. I think it will get to around 6m myself eventually.

6M is low if you ask me and telling the truth isn't stirring shit up. It's not my fault I already grew out of violent video games.

phenom08 said:
room414 said:

"definitely targeting children, like most of Sony's platforms"

@phenom08
your delusional trolling is really getting annoying

Telling the truth isn't trolling, if it bothers you then read on.

According to a Nielsen poll from 2009 (latest i could find):

the largest percentage of usage on the wii was boys age 6 - 11

xbox 360 was 12 - 17 year old males

for ps3  the age group is 18 - 24 

I always thought this was common knowledge. Do you have anything to back up your claim?

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/consumer/every-gaming-system-has-its-fans-but-women-like-wii/

Around the Network

I think all the people that already wanted Uncharted 3 got it, but bundles can do mysterious things. The system is still selling decently, so advertising the bundle wouldn't hurt.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

phenom08 said:

6M is low if you ask me and telling the truth isn't stirring shit up. It's not my fault I already grew out of violent video games.

Not that everyone didn't already know, but you've already admitted in this thread (here)that you're just looking for a reaction. Your general attitude is really becoming unbearable.

Metrium said:
Ps3 is not selling that much. Idk if the slim version will seriously boosts its sales, and idk how many units it will sell during this holiday with the during the Wii U's launch.

It alsodepends on how long it will be bundled, but I say this bundle will boost the game's sales by maybe 3 to 4milions tops. So my answer is ''I doubt it but possible''

40k a week in the americas.. would really boost Uncharted sales, considering Uncharted 3 is being re launched through a GOTY package, and is still selling nearly 20k WW.. so it could be selling over 50K for a long time..

mM

depending on how long its being bundled, if its just for this holiday season then no way, its its for over a year then yeah maybe its got a shot

10? No.

8? Probably.