By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Australia politician links gay marriage to bestiality.

happydolphin said:
JWeinCom said:

So... gay marraige is legalized.  Somehow this gives animals the legal status to engage in consensual sex with humans?  More people will want to have sex with animals?  You'll have to connect the dots for me on this one.

I already explained it. One victory away from hetero humain non-pedophiliac, non-incestuous sex is a victory towards any other. The seal is loosed once, it makes it easier to loosen it again. Simple moral physics.

Check the next post I made in reply to Jay.

No, you didn't explain it.  You just stated it as if were fact with no backing.  In most cases bestiality is illegal because it's considered animal abuse.  Why would we stop thinking this because homosexuals are getting married?

Oh, and btw, bestiality is still legal in 13 states of the US.  Homosexual marraige is legal in 6...

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

No, you didn't explain it.  You just stated it as if were fact with no backing.  In most cases bestiality is illegal because it's considered animal abuse.  Why would we stop thinking this because homosexuals are getting married?

Oh, and btw, bestiality is still legal in 13 states of the US.  Homosexual marraige is legal in 6...

I'm pretty sure that if the animal didn't want it they would make it pretty damn clear, assuming it's a large animal like a dog or a horse (which is the most common I would assume).

happydolphin said:
JWeinCom said:

So... gay marraige is legalized.  Somehow this gives animals the legal status to engage in consensual sex with humans?  More people will want to have sex with animals?  You'll have to connect the dots for me on this one.

I already explained it. One victory away from hetero humain non-pedophiliac, non-incestuous sex is a victory towards any other. The seal is loosed once, it makes it easier to loosen it again. Simple moral physics.

You must agree then that interacial marriage was also a step towards beastialty, correct?

who cares if it is? We need someone to shag sheep, don't we?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

happydolphin said:
JWeinCom said:

I'm pretty sure that if the animal didn't want it they would make it pretty damn clear, assuming it's a large animal like a dog or a horse (which is the most common I would assume).

slippery slope logical fallacy. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Jay520 said:

You must agree then that interacial marriage was also a step towards beastialty, correct?

That's a good argument. And as you said, paraphilia is in the eyes of the beholder. Each man his own judge, I personally define paraphilia as anything outside the union of a man and a woman of consentual age, no matter the race or culture, not directly related (aka siblings). Anything outside of that I personally consider, by my conscience, to be paraphilia. However, no matter how one delimits the bounds of paraphilia, accepting one form is a means to accepting another, in other words my logic stands, we just start from different premices.

happydolphin said:
JWeinCom said:

I'm pretty sure that if the animal didn't want it they would make it pretty damn clear, assuming it's a large animal like a dog or a horse (which is the most common I would

A 12 year old girl might not make it clear either, but that doesn't make it any less illegal.  Minors aren't legally qualified to give consent, and neither are animals. 

Again, why would letting two humans who are of sound mind, of the same species, and are capable of giving verbal consent, lead to people suddenly thinking that animals are capable of entering into consensual sexual relationships?  Please, explain to me clearly and in detail how one thing leads to another.

JWeinCom said:

A 12 year old girl might not make it clear either, but that doesn't make it any less illegal.  Minors aren't legally qualified to give consent, and neither are animals. 

Again, why would letting two humans who are of sound mind, of the same species, and are capable of giving verbal consent, lead to people suddenly thinking that animals are capable of entering into consensual sexual relationships?  Please, explain to me clearly and in detail how one thing leads to another.

The reason why a girl would not make it clear and a horse wouldn't (horse as the most efficient example for my side of the debate), is that a girl would stay quiet for much more complex reasons, and so it's hard to tell what's going on in her mind, same could be said about a 12 year old boy. But an animal staying quiet is less likely due to some kind of psychological pressure they would feel.

Example, parental sexual abuse. The child would likely not say anything so as to not alarm other members of the family, or because the person committing the abuse is a figure of authority.

happydolphin said:

That's a good argument. And as you said, paraphilia is in the eyes of the beholder. Each man his own judge, I personally define paraphilia as anything outside the union of a man and a woman of consentual age, no matter the race or culture, not directly related (aka siblings). Anything outside of that I personally consider, by my conscience, to be paraphilia. However, no matter how one delimits the bounds of paraphilia, accepting one form is a means to accepting another, in other words my logic stands, we just start from different premices.

And what is that definition based off of? 

Looking at the definition of paraphilia, it deals with sexual attraction which isn't normal. And in the past, interacial marriage was certainly not normal, it was even illegal in many areas. So, interacial marriage was definitely a form of paraphila. Therefore, you must agree that, at the time, the legalization of interacial marriage was a step towards any other form of paraphilia. Correct?

Jay520 said:
happydolphin said:
JWeinCom said:

As was consensual, non-arranged marriages before that.

The rEVOLution is not being televised